BigDumbWookiee

LEGO Collectable Minifigures display cases

Mine are better

That's really... what's the word? Oh yeah... immature.

They are very nice cases. Where's your skier? And what's up with that warped fishing pole the gnome has? That's why I didn't go with a shadow box or one of LEGO's solutions.

I think that should be determined by looking at his name.

Well yeah, however there's rather a few shops and sellers on ebay and I doubt I could find the exact item :).

Edited by Burgon

Well yeah, however there's rather a few shops and sellers on ebay and I doubt I could find the exact item :).

Yeah a direct link to his source would be nice.

Found some new upcomming Lego Display Cases, they are not cheap 27,99 euro for 16-set and 16,99 euro for 8-set. For more pictures follow this link

I looks like they are being produced by Plast Team, but they aren't listed on there site yet. But they are allready available in some german stores.

5444157109_2e2fcd119f_z.jpg

16 figure - Large Display Case

5444156499_51dedb1f23_z.jpg

8 figure - Small Display Case

Display_Case_2_large.jpg

Source

Edited by P4trickvH

Found some new upcomming Lego Display Cases, they are not cheap 27,99 euro for 16-set and 16,99 euro for 8-set. For more pictures follow this link

Thanks for the news! :thumbup: First post updated.

New to this thread, so apologies for the late input.

It's nice to see LEGO put out something that holds a complete series of CMFs...BUT..

1) They're awfully big. Too long and too tall to be a great storage solution, unless you have a LOT of space. Just imagine having one of these for 8-10 series of CMFs. Ugh.

2) I know it says that they're both stackable (large and small) but, I'd like to see a pic of two large ones stacked, since all too often 'stackable' means you can stack the small on the large but, that's it.

3) Rather pricey for such a 'meh' case.

4) The small one is a rip-off, when compared to the large one (at least for the prices I've seen so far).

New to this thread, so apologies for the late input.

It's nice to see LEGO put out something that holds a complete series of CMFs...BUT..

1) They're awfully big. Too long and too tall to be a great storage solution, unless you have a LOT of space. Just imagine having one of these for 8-10 series of CMFs. Ugh.

2) I know it says that they're both stackable (large and small) but, I'd like to see a pic of two large ones stacked, since all too often 'stackable' means you can stack the small on the large but, that's it.

3) Rather pricey for such a 'meh' case.

4) The small one is a rip-off, when compared to the large one (at least for the prices I've seen so far).

A couple things I'd like to point out. First of all, not only are they stackable, but they can be hung on a wall (as seen here). That might possibly make storage less of a problem. Depends on what kind of space you have available.

Also, I don't see why the large ones wouldn't be stackable on top of each other. As seen here, there are anti-studs on the bottom to allow stacking, and as seen in the back view I linked before, the little 1x3 supports seen on the bottom in some pics are not locked to the bottom (if they were, it would pretty much make the wall hanging impossible).

As far as size is concerned, I'm personally quite satisfied. A lot of minifigure storage solutions I have seen are just four-wide, which doesn't really work for minifigures holding certain accessories. While some people like their minifigures without accessories in their hands, many figs like the collectible ones lose a lot of their character if you remove their accessories. There is extra space at the top and bottom that might disappoint some people, but I don't think it's all that considerable, especially considering the ability to hang the display cases on a wall.

Ugh.

I can't believe I keep forgetting to ask this:

Does anyone happen to know if the small cases and the large cases are available in all colours, or are there just 'certain colours' for each size?

I looks like they are being produced by Plast Team, but they aren't listed on there site yet. But they are allready available in some german stores.

5444157109_2e2fcd119f_z.jpg

16 figure - Large Display Case

5444156499_51dedb1f23_z.jpg

8 figure - Small Display Case

Display_Case_2_large.jpg

Source

Hey. Are those displays avaiable already ? If yes, where can I buy them ?

I ordered a couple, but they were back ordered. I also ordered a few of these: "Amac" boxes, 1-5/8" sq. x 2-7/8" h (item 60300), which are approximately the same size as some dice boxes I got a while back for my kids (for Pokemon), if you turn it upside down and build it up a brick (which ends up looking pretty nice), it's perfect for a single figure - and they're pretty cheap ($0.79). So - I can't "rate" them yet, but I ordered a few and I'll post back with some pictures if they work out as well as I hope.

When I get a chance I'll post a picture of the dice boxes.

Edit:

5363926167_44078c6dbf.jpg

Dice cases to display minifigures. by FredJH, on Flickr

Where can I find these boxes I would love to by one for each of my series 1 - 5 minifigs

Thanks you

Charlie

Where can I find these boxes I would love to by one for each of my series 1 - 5 minifigs

Thanks you

Charlie

The link in the post is the best I can do - they are identical except the top (bottom in my picture, as I use them upside down) is clear instead of black.

The boxes with the black tops were bought from a local gaming store (gaming like Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer).

The link in the post is the best I can do - they are identical except the top (bottom in my picture, as I use them upside down) is clear instead of black.

The boxes with the black tops were bought from a local gaming store (gaming like Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer).

Ok thank you. im big into Magic the gathering so ill look at the stores i go to for that too.

Thanks

Charlie

I was @ Walmart today and they had a box, and price tag for a mini-figure case, it was only $2.98, but there was none left... anybody know what that was supposed to be?

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this. But, do we have any news on when the display cases will be available?

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this. But, do we have any news on when the display cases will be available?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. At brand stores and S@H, they sell these cases that hold 15 (not 16) minifigs. It's kind of got a handle like a suitcase. Is that what you mean?

852820%20Minifigure%20Collectors%20Box.jpg

eBayGeek may have been showing off one of these or something like them...

http://blog.mattnorman.co.uk/how-to-make-a-lego-minifig-display-case-lego

Even if they didn't, these frames may as well be added to the mix here. I built 10 of them (Some white frames and some black. Ikea makes both) for various figures and love them, but they do have two pretty big negatives. 1. There is only about enough room in front of a figure to extend their hand forward. If anything is in the hand, it is pressed against the glass or just won't fit, so lightsabers mean the figure has to have a slightly arched back, and cavemen and women can't hold clubs and mad scientists have no room for beakers (Looking at the picture, I guess I did fit the beaker, but most things of that size are too big). 2. The parts to build the shelves, especially the longer technic bricks, can get pricey fast.

Overall, they're what I've gone with. Might have to buy some of those dice cases though...

Edited by DarthJer

I'm not sure what you're referring to. At brand stores and S@H, they sell these cases that hold 15 (not 16) minifigs. It's kind of got a handle like a suitcase. Is that what you mean?

Probably referring to these ones (more pictures here). I checked Plast Team's website earlier, and they're currently not listed or even mentioned. But given that they were shown at ToyFair, I can't imagine it'll be too much longer before their debut.

Edited by Aanchir

eBayGeek may have been showing off one of these or something like them...

http://blog.mattnorman.co.uk/how-to-make-a-lego-minifig-display-case-lego

For crying out loud... that video was over 11 minutes? It should have been about 45 seconds. In fact, it should have been a couple of pictures instead of a video.

Even if they didn't, these frames may as well be added to the mix here. I built 10 of them (Some white frames and some black. Ikea makes both) for various figures and love them, but they do have two pretty big negatives. 1. There is only about enough room in front of a figure to extend their hand forward. If anything is in the hand, it is pressed against the glass or just won't fit, so lightsabers mean the figure has to have a slightly arched back, and cavemen and women can't hold clubs and mad scientists have no room for beakers (Looking at the picture, I guess I did fit the beaker, but most things of that size are too big). 2. The parts to build the shelves, especially the longer technic bricks, can get pricey fast.

I'm sure you could come up with a cheaper alternative. I like the big cases I used (from the Container Store, see previous posts on the thread) because nothing else seems to allow you to fully pose the figure in a way it was meant to be; my skiers are actually wearing their skis (and facing the forwards); the fishing poles are held forward. None of these other solutions seem to give you enough depth to do that.

However, I want to thank you for posting because the shadow frames are always cool and I think there's a lot of use for them for displaying LEGO. I mean, if you throw a bunch of towns people or SW droids or something in there, it could be very cool. Some of the original architecture sets could work in a shadow frame as well.

Yes, I was referring to the new 16 minifig brick-shaped cases shown at brickfair. Really want a nice way to display minifigs and keep the dust off that doesn't require purchasing 80 (soon to be 96) dice cases.

Yes, I was referring to the new 16 minifig brick-shaped cases shown at brickfair. Really want a nice way to display minifigs and keep the dust off that doesn't require purchasing 80 (soon to be 96) dice cases.

That's just silly, though - there's no reason to buy those dice boxes for every single minifigure ($0.80/each, AFAIR, times 16 minifigures = $12.80) when the single tiered case that holds 21 figures (even though I've configured mine for 20) is $10.00 and, moreover, you can more freely pose them than you can in either the LEGO case or the dice boxes (or the shadow boxes). And it's not that I have a stake in the Container Store, either, there's plenty of display cases that will work.

I bought the dice boxes for "special" minifigures, like customs, the Chrome Stormtrooper, the white Boba Fett...

Now available at Toys R Us in the United States. They come in blue, yellow, red and black. $14.99 for eight compartments, $22.99 for 16. Very cool. I picked one up today and love it. Will be picking up some more soon, but I am holding out for them to arrive at LEGO Store so I can get VIP points and use my Disneyland discount (I'm also betting they will be priced lower at LEGO Stores, probably $11.99 for small and $19.99 for large is my guess).

The quality of the plastic is top notch, and the display case has a hidden release button to unlock the acrylic window. Each display also comes with a minifig included, but it's a very basic figure. No prints and not even a headpiece.

Edited by MAH4546

I've created 3 Ikea shadow boxes cases for my sets. It works quite well and only costs about $10 per case.

Those look quite good! I like the colors.

Those look quite good! I like the colors.

i was thinking of gluing some flat coloured bricks on the frame (front and back)instead og painting. It give it more of a lego feel and let the frames lock together if i were to put them away.