@ Grohl: That fellow only has created ONE alternate for the 8271 set, while you have (now) created 29! :thumbup: I included your latest alternate (the Chopper) in the (now) 259-page PDF document containing all of your alternates here. The file size has now been reduced using Adobe Acrobat Pro's utility.

Manta

My entry for the May round of the LEGO Technic Challenge.

48.5cm long future police helicopter. Two intermeshing 36 cm rotors and 7cm push propeller are powered by 1 M motor. The propeller can move to the left right by means of 1 micro motor. Retractable landing gear, working lights, opening cockpit and side doors.

If you want, you can join me on Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/grohls-LEGO/107287526029770 I made this profile to let people that like my MOCs know what I build and to see some work in progress photos which I never post on forums.

Click the first picture for the video

manta022.jpg

manta017.jpg

manta020.jpg

Edited by grohl

Again some awesome work in your entry.....

Only thing i'm missing is the official "Technic challenges" logo!

:tongue:

@ Grohl: You make the coolest designs! Good thing that those "egg-beater" blades didn't slit your wrists! :tongue: The Manta's pictures on your Brickshelf gallery shows its many excellent features well. :thumbup:

manta003.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Again some awesome work in your entry.....

Only thing i'm missing is the official "Technic challenges" logo!

:tongue:

It was sent with the picture of version 1.0. This is slightly improved version not only in design.

@ Grohl: You make the coolest designs! Good thing that those "egg-beater" blades didn't slit your wrists! :tongue:

They did not, but they nearly cut my index finger off. :laugh: I was surprised how it hurt when I accidentally crossed the way of both rotors.

Thank you all and especially the Technic Bricks admins for choosing Manta as the week video couple of days ago.

I am working on the instructions for Manta right now while having a rest from building my new RC car. It is going to be faster and lighter than Bluetongue but similar in size. It uses 1 XL motor for the RWD with differential and 1 M motor for return-to-center steering. WIP picture available on my Facebook page.

I have compiled all of Grohl's JPG images (on his Brickshelf gallery) into one, easy-to-handle PDF file that you can download here via SkyDrive. The 9.9-MB Building Instructions has all the pages numbered, and is easy to navigate.

Thanks to Grohl/ Grohl666 for making another of his creations available to others! :classic:

mantainstr117.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thank you, David.

For the next round of the Technic Challenge I made two MOCs. The first of them is pretty fast and small RC car that was already shown to my Facebook fans.

BARRACUDA

Length: 28cm

Width: 14,5cm

Weight: 564g

1 M motor for-return-to-center steering

1 XL motor for RWD with differential

Opening bonnet and boot

00.jpg

barracuda04.jpg

barracuda06.jpg

barracuda096.jpg

@ Grohl: Your new Barracuda is excellent! :thumbup: :thumbup: For a car that uses a Power Functions XL motor for propulsion, it is VERY FAST.

Edited by DLuders

I've just looked through most of this thread and all of your models are amazing. Well done Grohl. :thumbup:

It seems so fun to drive!! :cry_happy:

It sure is. :classic:

The gallery has been made public, so you can see other pictures of Barracuda. Just click the picture.

barracuda09.jpg

Great creation !! :thumbup: I'd love to race against you with my Small Red Racecar:

Jurgen, I would love too. When you come to Czech Republic, pay me a visit.

I very much like your models. :thumbup::thumbup:

Wonderful sets of MOCs 'grohl'. Great job on all default_classic.gif

Thank you very much guys. I am glad someone new replied to this therad :) (This does not mean I do not value comments from my older friends).

As I promised before, here is the second MOC I built for the July round of Technic Challenge and mainly for 1st race of LEGO SHIP RACING.

STINGRAY D2

Length: 480mm

Weight: 594g

Propulsion: 2M motors

stingray003.jpg

stingray002.jpg

lsr029.jpg

Why do no ship races take place in germany? They look so funny.

They are if you dont sink your boat. :classic:

SCRAPER

My own alternate for 8071.

Length:33cm

Functions:

Openable door

Openable engine cover

Working engine

Articulated steering

Lowering hopper

Openable front blade

Working ejector

8071scraper001.jpg

8071scraper019.jpg

8071scraper004.jpg

8071scraper005.jpg

8071scraper011.jpg

Once again, you prove that you have a very good understanding of what can be done with a given inventory. :thumbup:

You scraper is way more nice, playable, fun, and original than the official B-model.

Bravo :)

Thank you guys for the comments. I would like to make building instructions till the end of the week.