Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

TLG gets greener (ie. more environment friendly)

I believe any step in the right direction is good. I just hope they keep going. Many companies are looking to get "green" but the truth is, often they need help knowing what to do. It is not as easy as "cut box sizes". The real effort needs to be in reducing their total carbon footprint for everything they do. This includes better and more efficient supply chain process, better use of energy in their stores, offices, and other facilities. The list is quite large.

But good for them for at least starting to make changes. :classic:

I do love the new smaller boxes too. I wish the cut down though on the box size reflected in a small reduction in price but I haven't noticed that yet.

Although, it will save them on paper costs/shipping weight to keep the boxes smaller (like others have said).

One thing is with these greener approaches, since the planet's not in jepordy and global warming essentially found to be a hoax, I wonder why companies feel a need to worry about how 'green' they are. Weird.

One thing is with these greener approaches, since the planet's not in jeopardy and global warming essentially found to be a hoax, I wonder why companies feel a need to worry about how 'green' they are. Weird.

As a preemptive action, this is just a friendly reminder to pls. refrain making posts that might ignite a debate that delve into political matters. Let's all pls. stick to the topic on hand. Thanks.

...topics about religion or politics are not welcome on Eurobricks.

As a preemptive action, this is just a friendly reminder to pls. refrain making posts that might ignite a debate that delve into political matters. Let's all pls. stick to the topic on hand. Thanks.

And furthermore, no matter what your political views, there's an obvious reason companies should try to be greener-- because their customers want them to be. There's definitely a "bragging rights" advantage to having an environmentally-conscious image, especially when your competitors can't make the same claims. So it's not as though companies have nothing to gain through "greener" business practices unless there's a global emergency at stake.

since the planet's not in jepordy and global warming essentially found to be a hoax, I wonder why companies feel a need to worry about how 'green' they are. Weird.

* If global warming was a hoax, we would still need to avoid the ocean not becoming plastic and we would still need to cut down that paper creation issue. Creating paper requires cutting down forests and recycling them consumes water. So, it would be cool for TLG to try to reduce the unnecessary amounts of plastic and paper used on packaging.

* Companies feel this need because it improves company image and in many ways it translates into savings in the long term. Less plastic and paper produced means less costs. The only companies that would actually get hurt by becoming green would be those that are inherently non-green, like the oil ones.

* A minor issue with your post: global warming has not been found to be a hoax. In fact, scientist consensus on that matter has grown in the last years.