KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

Well, its actually hard over there since the parts are all mixed, and there are around 3-4 other people grabbing at the box at the same time, so their arms cover the box, which means that you can't find the parts easily.

Also, the two kids on each side of you are really close to you.

I could probably have made around 10 if I was just sitting down by myself.

That seems like a good time to just grab a handful and lay them out on the table infront of you, and figure it out from there. Did you have to put on the capes as well? If so, I would've grabbed a few bonus capes. :D

Edit: After looking at ILikePi's brickshelf pictures of the event, it looks a bit more difficult then what I expected.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=388171

It looks to me like you've got helmets, heads, torsos, legs, capes, lightsaber handles, and lightsaber blades all mixed into the same box.

Time to start droppin' some elbows!

Edited by Fishy

That seems like a good time to just grab a handful and lay them out on the table infront of you, and figure it out from there. Did you have to put on the capes as well? If so, I would've grabbed a few bonus capes. :D

Edit: After looking at ILikePi's brickshelf pictures of the event, it looks a bit more difficult then what I expected.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=388171

It looks to me like you've got helmets, heads, torsos, legs, capes, lightsaber handles, and lightsaber blades all mixed into the same box.

Time to start droppin' some elbows!

You're only allowed to get one piece at a time. They didn't allow anyone to get a handful, or the person would be disqualified. :sceptic:

EDIT: I have more pictures and a video of a kid winning a chrome Vader, which I'll upload over the next few days.

Edited by ILikePi

For anyone in the UK without one, TRU are still giving them away for purchases over £40, but this will end soon. Asked a member of staff at the Portsmouth branch about them today, apparently they've had their last lot in, and only have one small box left to go under the tills. Had to ask the cashier to actually get one, but he looked to have about 10 left at that till.

As a side note, there were no new sets from what I could see. There were still some Imperial Landing Craft (my choice for the chrome Vader), but mostly overpriced sets that are still on Shop-at-Home.

For anyone in the UK without one, TRU are still giving them away for purchases over £40, but this will end soon. Asked a member of staff at the Portsmouth branch about them today, apparently they've had their last lot in, and only have one small box left to go under the tills. Had to ask the cashier to actually get one, but he looked to have about 10 left at that till.

As a side note, there were no new sets from what I could see. There were still some Imperial Landing Craft (my choice for the chrome Vader), but mostly overpriced sets that are still on Shop-at-Home.

I thought it was any purchase over £30? Maybe you were ripped off :sceptic:

Still, I looked recently and they STILL only have new City sets, nothing else.

I think it would be cheeper and alot easier to buy one of bricklink. You said the scale was $40 and you traveled to four diffrent cities until you found one?

I think it would be cheeper and alot easier to buy one of bricklink. You said the scale was $40 and you traveled to four diffrent cities until you found one?

Well then where's the glory? It's a good idea...but kind of counter productive. I think the bast thing to do is buy a normmal vader, put tape over the stud and connecting areas, remove the cape and lightsaber and spray them in that shiny "enamel" stuff that's too thin to block movement but makes it all shiny and chrome-tastic.

Except I never tried that and it probably doesn't work. But what's so important about a chrome Vader anyway? There are 400 other versions! Or at least three.

I just wish that TLG would sell them as a product, like how they're selling the chrome stormtrooper for $10.

I wouldn't want to waste my time and money buying a $40 scale (more than the chrome Vader is worth right now!) and going to over 25 stores just to find one or two chrome Vaders. You also have to pay $10 per box, so you have to find at least three chrome Vaders before it's worth it. But won't it take hours to find just one? Also, it seems like you're just ripping off TLG. :wacko:

Edited by ILikePi

I think in many countries - and certainly in the UK - they gave them away in Toys 'R' Us as part of a Star Wars LEGO purchase? Other than that I'd echo what members have said here and get him off Bricklink...

While this is an en genius, if not time consuming, way to find one, it is highly inefficient. This guy only had to go through a few BP's. Chances are you would have to go through a lot more sets, including some larger ones, just to find one. Plus, what guarantee is there that they are all the exact same weight, especially the bigger sets? While this is a nifty and funny way to do it, Ebay is a lot better.

Wow another topic on the Chrome Vader...

How many do we actually need?

Is there any new information about the Chrome Vader promotion by Galeria Kaufhof in Germany?

It was mention somewhere around page 100 of the 2009 news and rumors thread, I think, and it said that the Chrome Vaders would be give-aways, however there wasn't a specific date. If I remember correctly it only said august. :sceptic:

Edited by Stealth Hunter

Great review just got mine today. I was able to get a really good deal for one on Bricklink thanks to a good friend :classic:

It is beautiful I must say :wub:

Paid $20 USD

Reviving kinda a old topic don't ya think? :wink:

Never say die, its all about enjoying it :wink:

Congrats. I got mine at NYTF 2011.

Thanks! I would have preferred to find one or get one in person myself.

Yeah I have got my moneys worth definitely. :grin:

I too would have preferred to find mine in a set but beggars can't be choosers. Actually the manager at me LEGO Store have one to my TFOL brother and one to me. He knew I was an AFOL and I think he is too. It was at the end of the Visual Dictionary Event.

I too would have preferred to find mine in a set but beggars can't be choosers. Actually the manager at me LEGO Store have one to my TFOL brother and one to me. He knew I was an AFOL and I think he is too. It was at the end of the Visual Dictionary Event.

Wow that was really nice and cool of him :thumbup: I haven't opened my Home One or TIE Advanced yet I hope to find one in each :tongue:

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but i have one question about chrome Vader.

Is it normal that it has unchromed parts on edges of the torso behind the arms? And that unchromed part isn't totally smooth but has some rough material that kinda reminds of dry(dried?) glue?

Please someone answer

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but i have one question about chrome Vader.

Is it normal that it has unchromed parts on edges of the torso behind the arms? And that unchromed part isn't totally smooth but has some rough material that kinda reminds of dry(dried?) glue?

Please someone answer

Yes, that's "normal," unfortunately.