Sign in to follow this  
def

The Coming Darkness - Sign up thread

Okay folks, I know the gaming downtime has got people down, and the uber-exclusive Belville Mafia is only going to cure 13 players jonesing. So, here is a special summer event to drive you mad:

5907668256_ed9ceb4773_b.jpg

Evening in the little hamlet, Lower Brickton by the Sea. The town elder has summoned the people.

5908019574_da794db8a6_z.jpg

Everyone, thank you for coming tonight. I am sure you all are aware of the reason for this gathering tonight.

5907462809_f4aee428fb_z.jpg

A series of nods and grunts flow through the room.

Shortly, we will arrive at the 300th anniversary of the event that defined this town, the event that gave my family purpose, and the event that still haunts us all; when the planets became aligned and the world was nearly lost.

You will recall, my great great great great great great great grandfather was but a lad on that fateful night, hunting fireflies when he noticed a flame from in the forest.

Again, nods run through the room.

5907462895_efaf5487ca_z.jpg

The elder continues.

He ventured deeper into the woods, to find a cabal of hooded villagers chanting arcane verse to spirits from the beyond. Only a boy, he knew he couldn't stop them himself, and he informed the other settlers of this village. Armed with torches and pitchforks, they ran to the woods. By this point, the bonfire had grown to a column to the stars.

The crowd quieted to a hush. This was a story they had heard all their lives, yet it never ceased to affect them.

The cabal's arms raised, their voices heightened to a rage, they opened a portal ripping open the fabric of space. From here, a great evil showed itself.

5907462967_0bb4fa25de_z.jpg

All eyes fixed on the stony elder.

It was then that the cabal was decapitated by our village, and the portal was extinguished mid-stream. To this day, we have those ancestors of ours to thank for our lives today.

5908019902_b045eb469a_z.jpg

The conditions to open that portal were rare, but not unique.

Only days from now, the planets will be in alignment once more, and those gates to beyond will potentially be able to be opened again. We cannot allow this. We must be vigilant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you interested in playing? Here's what you need to know:

-This is not a mafia game. There will be voting, but there will not be any night actions (by the town). This will be a game of smarts and sleuthing.

-This game will be played in real time over one week. There will be four days and three nights, all 24 hours. If you can't be around, don't sign up. I plan to start in the morning, Japan-time, so the days will start and end in the evening New York time. Proxying will be allowed.

-This is an in-thread only game. If you feel compelled to PM, or chat out of thread about the game, don't sign up. It's just a week, you can do it.

-Voting is mandatory every game day. If you're a wishy-washy non-voter, don't sign up.

With that out of the way, I expect everyone to have a lot of fun, so don't be scared. It's only a week, what's the worst that could happen? :drunk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I'm looking for someone to assist, since I need to sleep sometimes. Somebody from America or West Europe would be good to cover my off time. This will look good on your EB resume if you can be a good assistant. You should have ready access to the Internet, obviously, and need to be logged in more than usual.

Taken

Cheers.

No need to tell me your mafia history, I've followed all the games for two years, so I have a decent idea of who's who.

Wow. I certainly didn't see this coming, and I'm now so very excited. :sweet: I'm on EB often, with a tab in my browser pretty much always showing Active Content, so these short days shouldn't be a problem. The limitations and differences from nirmal Mafia promise a fun challenge as well. I'd love to play.

I also have the time and the right location to assist you, but I've really got very little experience as far as EB games are concerned, so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

I also have the time and the right location to assist you, but I've really got very little experience as far as EB games are concerned, so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

The assistance position is basically just carrying out my instructions while I'm sleeping. Anyone interested should be someone who wants to step up their involvement with the games area.

:oh: Intriguing! While I'd love to join in, I'd probably better stand aside and leave the place to someone who didn't make it into the current Mafia.

However I'd be more than willing to take up the assistant position if you would have me, I'm online quite a lot during your night time.

How many players are you aiming for?

The assistance position is basically just carrying out my instructions while I'm sleeping. Anyone interested should be someone who wants to step up their involvement with the games area.

In that case, I would be interested. :classic:

Though if I assisted you, that would mean I couldn't play, right?

How many players are you aiming for?

I have a ballpark figure, but it depends on applicants.

Though if I assisted you, that would mean I couldn't play, right?

Of course :wink:

Of course :wink:

That's what I thought.

Well, I'd rather play, but if you don't choose me as a player I'd also be interested in assisting.

Sign me up, Scotty!

The prospect of a week long game in realish-time sounds scary and fun at the same time, and I would love an opportunity to play.

Thank you for considering me, def.

Wow, sounds great. I am really interested in being a player. Thanks def

:classic:

I would like to volunteer for this position, opposed to actually playing the game.

I unfortunately am fairly new and have no experience in the ways of mafia-ing - but I think it's a tremendously interesting idea, and the idea of simply following instructions sounds like a good idea to get my feet wet. And of course not taking away a precious player position.

So if you will have me, I would gladly be your humble squire.

This sounds like a great idea for a game, def. :thumbup:

I'd be very interested in playing or assisting, I'm not too bothered which.

I should be free almost all day for most of the coming week or two.

Thanks.

What a pleasant surprise! Another great opportunity for those who didn't make the cut for Quarry's game.

I am fairly active on this forum and would be glad to lend a hand. While I have played only 1 mafia game on this forum, the bulk of my exposure has been from playing amongst friends.

Thanks and have fun!

Hey def,

This has come as a complete surprise to me and I would love to play in this new game, from the OP it looks to be a good game and I am eager to see the outcome.

I am not sure how much time I can dedicate into being an assistant at the moment but if I am not picked and you need any jobs doing that the assistant is unavailable for, then feel free to PM me and I will hopefully be able to help you.

Yours

Eskallon

Sounds interesting, but I feel like this is intended for those who aren't playing in the current mafia game.

Also I'm not that much of a fan of the fantasy theme, so I'm just going to watch this.

Good luck to you all!

Def, I'll be your american counterpart.

I got a new phone with a bigger screen and it's blazing fast, plus I'm here pretty much all day 7-5 US time, just enough time for you to sleep.

Well this is certainly a pleasant surprise :sweet: .

If you'll have me I'd love to play. This game will take place during July, right? (As I won't be around during August)

I see you edited your first post right after I posted, if you don't choose me for your assistant, sign me up to play, please.

People playing Belville Mafia are welcome to play, but only if it isn't too the detriment of their gameplay, since both games will be on at the same time. It's up to them to make the call if they are up to the task.

@MacK, yes, it'll be started within a week or so, and finished in two weeks, so July is the time line.

@MacK, yes, it'll be started within a week or so, and finished in two weeks, so July is the time line.

Sounds good to me; college will be done with by then, and a lack of a social life means I'll be free to play! :laugh:

Nice treat for those who failed to get into Quarry's game, I hope you will consider me! :classic:

Well since the assistant spot is taken up, if there's room, I'd love to play.

Why is everyone starting games as I'm about to go on holiday? :cry_sad: Sounds like fun def, good luck hosting this madhouse.

The view from those windows is reminiscent of something... :look: