-R8-

Brickfair 2011

Is anyone here planning on attending Brickfair 2011? I am hoping to attend as an exhibitor - this will be my first LEGO convention. :classic:

I may be going to Brickfair, it depends on how much time I have at the end of summer.

Which Vendor are you?

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Yes. Magnus Lauglo, who is the coordinator for the military theme for the event has been asking me to come over for more than a year now and I've decided to go. I've actually been checking flights tonight.

Cheers,

Ralph

I may be going to Brickfair, it depends on how much time I have at the end of summer.

Which Vendor are you?

I'm just exhibiting the MOCs I bring - I'm not selling anything there. :wink:

I'm registered to attend. I'm not sure if I'll be exhibiting any MOCs, though. Depends on whether I have any at that time to exhibit. I may just show the same Agents vehicles I did last year, as well as some of my BIONICLE MOCs.

I'm always there. I am the Steampunk Coordinator, though I think there isn't interest in that this year. :/

-Omi

My wife and I will be attending Brickfair... It's only a 3 hour drive which isn't bad... The only show that I ever attended was Brickworld in Illinois last year, but that was 10 hours to get there and it was a rather miserable experience for me...

I plan to come as usual. I'm moving to that area just a few days before the event, which is especially convenient. Not sure what I will display though. Maybe some of the same stuff as last time.

I'll be there again this year! Can't wait! I've got a few Technic mocs I'll be bringing, all contingent on whether or not I finish them on time. A remote control JCB 3CX backhoe, a small scale 16 cylinder radial engine with variable pitch prop, and a remote control Bobcat A300 (lots left to do though...this may not get done in time).

I'm looking forward to meeting you all! :thumbup:

Good day to all. I've got a bit of a newbie question for all. In the past year my six year old and I have dove head first into the wonderful world of Lego's. This will be our first convention and we were wondering what to expect from vendors. We are both hoping to be able to acquire some retired sets from vendors but can't tell if that's even a viable option. So do any of you experienced folks out there know if we can expect to find any of the older sets no longer available for purchase in stores, or is the merchandise geared more towards customization needs? Thanks for taking the time to answer a noob's question and I look forward to bumping elbows with you all soon.

David

Hello Daddy's Brick Quest, welcome to Eurobricks!

In some other LEGO-related events I have been to (not necessarily conventions) there have been third party vendors that sell NISB (new in sealed box) sets, at a marked up price from the original. You can view a list of the vendors that will be attending BrickFair here. Based on some of the descriptions that a few of them have, I would assume that older sets will be sold at BrickFair as well as custom merchandise. I wouldn't anticipate on them being cheap however, if they are being sold as new sets. Large sets can easily be in the $100-$200 range. The set's rarity and popularity also factors in to how much the markup will be.

Regardless, a retired set is a retired set, and in person you can actually take a look at the set's physical condition.

I am not sure if you are going as an exhibitor or as a public guest, but if you are an exhibitor, there are onsite games that you can participate in and possibly get a chance to win both new and old sets. These games are listed here.

Hope to see you at BrickFair! :classic:

Good day to all. I've got a bit of a newbie question for all. In the past year my six year old and I have dove head first into the wonderful world of Lego's. This will be our first convention and we were wondering what to expect from vendors. We are both hoping to be able to acquire some retired sets from vendors but can't tell if that's even a viable option. So do any of you experienced folks out there know if we can expect to find any of the older sets no longer available for purchase in stores, or is the merchandise geared more towards customization needs? Thanks for taking the time to answer a noob's question and I look forward to bumping elbows with you all soon.

David

For the years I have gone to these cons, I can guarantee that you will find some retired sets. Just don't expect them to be cheap.

-Omi

Looks like I finally broke down and decided what I'd be bringing to Brickfair. I'll be exhibiting Rise of the Dread Colossus. Unfortunately, this is proving extremely frustrating to rebuild, since LDD's building instruction generator is utter crap on a model this big, and since this involves taking apart basically all of my family's Atlantis sets (and harvesting key pieces from several Space Police ones). I've rebuilt both mini-subs for the most part, and hope to rebuild the rest of the main sub today.

I've booked my flights!

It took me a long time to decide on what to bring, as I'm a bit limited in by stuff having to go into my suitcase. I was also informed that there will likely be a fair few minifig scale military models on display and that something built to a larger scale might stand out. Taking that into consideration, I have registered the following MOCs.

3558660413_9676887bfd.jpg

M1A1 Abrams by Mad physicist, on Flickr

3967857429_b50f6f1149.jpg

HMMWV revamped (2) by Mad physicist, on Flickr

2464120596_24a9c0c4b2.jpg

Su-27 Flanker (1) by Mad physicist, on Flickr

I've made a few small changes to the Abrams and the HumVee for the event, and will probably add a crew and equipment to the latter. I also intend to replace the stickers on the Su-27, as the ones that are on the model now look a bit delapidated. I'm looking forward to it :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

I'll be there with something around 15-20 MOCs. The same ones from the past three years, plus the three to six I'll have built since last year.

Brickfair is probably the premier LEGO convention, so for those of you who are first-timers, get super excited!

Really cool stuff, everyone. Cannot wait to see it all in person!

I myself have five MOCs registered, most of them being my recent sculpture work:

5843448620_21953c385e_s.jpg5843453182_e9c7ba316d_s.jpg5842918501_4365576b0b_s.jpg5843469586_ee0ea0c3f9_s.jpg5894287606_d6ee58f3b0_s.jpg

by -R8-

Depending on how much building I am capable of doing in the weeks ahead, I may bring a few more creations.

The same ones from the past three years

The same ones that never leave your suitcase? :P

-Omi

The same ones that never leave your suitcase? :P

-Omi

Well, they leave my suitcase. They just don't leave their ziploc bags. Though they left them this year because they were on display at Brickfiesta, so there. :P

I'll be there displaying my table full of Adventurer's MOCs (including my D2C Excavation) and a bunch of Microspace MOCs. Keep an eye out for the 30's era Tramp Steamer, its about 3 feet long!

Ralph, I look forward to meeting you. Magnus is having me help him coordinate all the military builder's MOCs and is quite excited that you'll be joining him at BrickFair this year.

I'll be there displaying my table full of Adventurer's MOCs (including my D2C Excavation) and a bunch of Microspace MOCs. Keep an eye out for the 30's era Tramp Steamer, its about 3 feet long!

Ralph, I look forward to meeting you. Magnus is having me help him coordinate all the military builder's MOCs and is quite excited that you'll be joining him at BrickFair this year.

Thanks. Same here. I've never been to a LEGO event in the US and am curious to see what they are like. I'm really looking forward to it. It'll also be good to meet builders from across the pond. I've made a few changes to the Flanker for the event (it's got a purist cockpit canopy now). I'll be on the plane a week from now :-) Let's hope my MOCs survive the journey in a sufficiently low number of parts that I'll still be able to put them back together. Last time I took models on a plane trip it took me a few hours to rebuild them!

Cheers,

Ralph

I will be there with a vendor table for The Nightly News at Nine. It will have NNN animations playing on loop and i will be selling DVDs, minifigs, and custom sets. This will be my first time at BrickFair (I've been to Brickworld every year it existed and went to BrickCon last year) and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do things on the East Coast.

Is there any full attendee who would be willing/able to help out at my vendor table on Saturday? My partner wasn't able to take time off to come with and things get pretty hectic during the public hours. FYI - I pay my helpers in LEGO bricks :sweet:

Edited by fallentomato

My friend messaged me about this on facebook. Im planning on going. It will be my first Lego event.

So I am a little confused. If i buy a one day pass, i can bring an MOC and enter it?

Edited by Solscud007

My friend messaged me about this on facebook. Im planning on going. It will be my first Lego event.

So I am a little confused. If i buy a one day pass, i can bring an MOC and enter it?

The one day pass is just for the Public Hours as a visitor (11:00 am - 4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday). You will not be able to register or display MOCs or participate in any other BrickFair activities. However, you will be able to see hundreds of MOCs from other builders, play bingo, and purchase from any of the vendors at the show.

To display you must register as an Exhibitor here: http://www.brickfair.com/afol/

It costs $52 for Thursday-Sunday. To register you must be an adult (18+) or be accompanied by an adult (kids cannot be dropped off and they must be off the premises at certain times if alcohol is being consumed by the adults). There is a schedule of activities on the site. If you are going to register you had better do it soon. There are only 1000 paid spots available and the first 930 have already been paid for. After 1000 have paid no one else will be allowed to register for the full weekend and will have to attend as a visitor on public day.

Hope that helps!