danthaman11

MOC: 7 wide police / civilian car

indexed.gif Police Cars V-LP-4A to V-LP-4B, Muscle Cars V-LV-31A to V-LV-31B

This is my latest 7 wide car design. Its a modern muscle type car. I did 2 police cars and 2 civilian versions so far. For the police cars I did a black and white version and a white and blue version to match the official lego police cars. For the civilian versions I did a dark blue with white stripes and a dark red with black. This is my first dark red car so it was fun to build in that color. Thanks for looking.

PoliceInterceptorBlack2A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorBlack3A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorBlack5A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorBlack7A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorBlack8A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorWhite2A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorWhite3A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorWhite5A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorWhite7A.jpg

PoliceInterceptorWhite8A.jpg

DarkBlueMuscleCar2A.jpg

DarkBlueMuscleCar3A.jpg

DarkBlueMuscleCar5A.jpg

DarkBlueMuscleCar7A.jpg

DarkBlueMuscleCar9A.jpg

DarkRedMuscleCar2A.jpg

DarkRedMuscleCar3A.jpg

DarkRedMuscleCar5A.jpg

DarkRedMuscleCar7A.jpg

DarkRedMuscleCar9A.jpg

One word for both cars......AWESOME ! :grin:

Though I think everyone wishes Lego would make a trans-clear 1x1 tile eh ? :wink:

I have never though of doing 7 seven wide, but at least minifigs can fit side-by-side in the front and back of cars right ? :grin:

Excellent work 'danthaman11' and Brick On ! :grin:

Very nice work! The earth-blue and white striping looks especially sleek. Any other colors planned?

Those are all some cool looking cars. I like the subtle differences between them. I like the B&W cop car and the red/black car best.

Any overall shots of your city?

This is a very impressive custom car collection danthaman! The design is very sleek and it's nice to see them in various color schemes. Excellent work! :thumbup: How about whipping up a Bumblebee color combo? :sweet:

One word for both cars......AWESOME ! :grin:

Though I think everyone wishes Lego would make a trans-clear 1x1 tile eh ? :wink:

I have never though of doing 7 seven wide, but at least minifigs can fit side-by-side in the front and back of cars right ? :grin:

Excellent work 'danthaman11' and Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks lightningtiger. I have a whole list of parts I wish lego would make in certain colors but trans-clear 1 x 1 tiles would definately be near the top along with dark blue 1 x 1 tiles.

Very nice work! I love the color schemes you have chosen. The city is also very brilliant. Keep it up danthaman11! :sweet:

Thanks Fuzzylegobricks.

Very nice work! The earth-blue and white striping looks especially sleek. Any other colors planned?

Thanks Tragic Banjo. Thinking of doing a couple of other color later this year. Might do orange or lime with black, yellow with black, black with red and light grey with dark blue. Will see what I get around too. Got any suggestions?

Great new set of cars 'dtm11'. I really like the sporty design. Excellent work :classic:

Thanks Leg Godt Gud.

Those are all some cool looking cars. I like the subtle differences between them. I like the B&W cop car and the red/black car best.

Any overall shots of your city?

Thanks Legocrazy81. I'm glad you like the subtle differences. I had to make minor adjustments to the dark red and and the dark blue cars due to Lego not making certain parts in those colors. I don't have any overall shots of my city but I am going to try to take some later this summer to post.

This is a very impressive custom car collection danthaman! The design is very sleek and it's nice to see them in various color schemes. Excellent work! :thumbup: How about whipping up a Bumblebee color combo? :sweet:

Thanks KielDaMan. Great suggestion on the bumblebee color combo. I did that combo on one of my sports cars and it came out good. Maybe later this year.

I would love to see these in really bright unconventional color combos too - like maybe pink with light blue or purple with lime! Don't know how easily you could get the bricks you need in those colors though...

Awesome 7 wide cars. The black and white police car and the red civilian car are my favorites. Too bad the police cars don't have a back seat, not much point in a police car without a spot for the prisoner :grin: . I suppose you would have had to stretch it out a bit for that though... Maybe just handcuff them to the passenger side door? What kind of wheels did you use also? I don't recognize them. Are the 2 civilian cars supposed to be any particular type of car, or just generic ones?

I would love to see these in really bright unconventional color combos too - like maybe pink with light blue or purple with lime! Don't know how easily you could get the bricks you need in those colors though...

Great suggestions Tragic Banjo. I have never built in pink or purple before. I don't know if it would be even possible in those colors but it would be interesting to see and a very unique car.

Awesome 7 wide cars. The black and white police car and the red civilian car are my favorites. Too bad the police cars don't have a back seat, not much point in a police car without a spot for the prisoner :grin: . I suppose you would have had to stretch it out a bit for that though... Maybe just handcuff them to the passenger side door? What kind of wheels did you use also? I don't recognize them. Are the 2 civilian cars supposed to be any particular type of car, or just generic ones?

Thanks brickmack. Sorry about no back seat, to get a back seat I would have had to stretch the car and I think it would have made it too long and thrown the cars lines off so I guess the police will just have to call the prisoner transport or stick to writing tickets like the highway patrol camaros we have in my state. I used the wheel covers from the speed racer sets that came out a few years back. The civilian cars are supposed to be modern muscle type cars. I didn't have any specific model just tried to get a muscle car shape long hood and short deck in the back sleek and sporty.

OK thanks.

Thanks lightningtiger. I have a whole list of parts I wish lego would make in certain colors but trans-clear 1 x 1 tiles would definately be near the top along with dark blue 1 x 1 tiles.

For a slightly non-purist method, you could use the compass from the POTC sets and rub off the printing with something (For dark blue).

OK thanks.

For a slightly non-purist method, you could use the compass from the POTC sets and rub off the printing with something (For dark blue).

Wow! Thanks for letting me know about the compass part from POTC sets. That means the dark blue 1 x 1 tile is in production just with printing on it right now. Maybe Lego will start using the dark blue 1 x1 tiles without printing for some future sets but for the time being I guess I am going to have to learn how to take the printing off.

Great design! I like it a lot! The black white and white blue scheme represent the LAPD and NYPD if I'm correct?

Awesome 7 wide cars. The black and white police car and the red civilian car are my favorites. Too bad the police cars don't have a back seat' date=' not much point in a police car without a spot for the prisoner :grin: [/quote']

On some highspeed pursuit cars,their role is actually to pursuit and (perhaps) disable the offender's car through PIT manuvers, which will then be joined by a four-door police interceptors to detain and transport the offender.

Here are some examples

cool-police-cars4.jpg

2526,xcitefun-police-japan.jpg

upper: the Lambo Gallardo 'cruiser' of the Italian state police (2 seater)

lower: Nissan GT-R R34 of the Japanese police dept. (actually a 4 seater 2 dr coupe, but the backseat is useless for an adult, good thing, I mean what 'cool' is a 2 dr coupe with more than 2 passengers? Other than the driver, the only allowable passenger is some hot girl :grin::laugh: )

I guess I am going to have to learn how to take the printing off.

The traditional way is using a very fine abrasive like Brasso, brass polish.

Great design! I like it a lot! The black white and white blue scheme represent the LAPD and NYPD if I'm correct?

Thanks Out of Sight! I did not try to model the color schemes on specific police departments but you are correct the LAPD is black and white and NYPD is white and blue so they could work for those departments.

Those real world police car photos you shared are very cool. I did not know the Japanese used Nissan GT-R's. I wonder how many Lambo police cars the Italian police actually own.

The traditional way is using a very fine abrasive like Brasso, brass polish.

Thanks for the tip petertab! I found the forum thread on how to do this so I will have to give it a try.

7 wide seems better than 6 wide now, and I love the stick shift in the center, keep up the great work!!!

Thanks!

Nice cars.

I too wish for 1x1 tiles in dark blue and trans clear as well as trans-orange.

On some highspeed pursuit cars,their role is actually to pursuit and (perhaps) disable the offender's car through PIT manuvers, which will then be joined by a four-door police interceptors to detain and transport the offender.

upper: the Lambo Gallardo 'cruiser' of the Italian state police (2 seater)

lower: Nissan GT-R R34 of the Japanese police dept. (actually a 4 seater 2 dr coupe, but the backseat is useless for an adult, good thing, I mean what 'cool' is a 2 dr coupe with more than 2 passengers? Other than the driver, the only allowable passenger is some hot girl :grin::laugh: )

Certainly. In the US the highway patrol uses sports cars like Corvettes, Cameros, and Mustangs.

I love your cars danthaman11. They look great. I think they also look good as a convertible with the hardtop off. :classic:

That's a really nice design, altough the cars are the same, with the different colours it's like you made a few different ones!