LegoCityMann

MOC/WIP: My Modular Town

OK, Have added the walls to the theater area. Also a surprise "second story". OK, so it doesn't come off but that's the stage's "fly" area.

5865567590_bbe3a8b769_z.jpg

Behind the scenes you can see the ladder into the theater's fly area and the catwalk.

5865016491_6af8885337_z.jpg

A "Grand Emporium" inspired skylight over the stage area for natural lighting. Yup. It's a 6-wide version.

5865016647_2f24442358_z.jpg

and kind of an experiment for the seating in the theater. Not sure if that's going to be the final design. More of a nightclub style of seating.

5865016709_d09aa893db_z.jpg

Brick On! and as always, questions, comments, suggestions, and criticisms welcome.

~LCM

Ah, nice so far......lights you need lighting 'LCM' ! :grin:

I look forward to the improvements and Brick On ! :grin:

Ah, nice so far......lights you need lighting 'LCM' ! :grin:

I look forward to the improvements and Brick On ! :grin:

Made some changes to Lightning Hardware tonight

Moved the back door to the left side of the building

5865748860_85b5b78bae_z.jpg

So that I could move things around inside.

We now have a cash register on the counter. Based on the GE set.

5865748982_1c8e6ffa76_z.jpg

The part drawers have moved to the left of the counter to make way for the new paint station.

5865749014_c721b2942e_z.jpg

A new tool rack under the front window to make space for the paint station. (Need to get some coffee stirrers to cut up for the spouts.)

5865196405_fd6847ef02_z.jpg

The big tool rack has stayed pretty much in the same place

5865748932_f43435dc04_z.jpg

Brick On! and as always, questions, comments, suggestions, and criticisms welcome.

~LCM

MOD is usually used to describe a Modification to an official set, Like my city Bank

WIP is Work in Progress, Something that is not yet completed.

MOC is My Own Creation.

There's a thread somewhere that lists commonly used Acronyms on the forums if you search a bit for it.

{EDIT} Here's a Link: Eurobricks Acronym Dictionary

Brick On!

~LCM

Thank you!

Very nice town, LCM! :thumbup: Here are my thoughts on each of the buildings:

Lightning Hardware Store: I really like this one;you've incorporated some great details (the sign, the dumpster, the cabinets, etc.). However, I think the sidewalk would look better in a shade of gray.

Coffee Shop: Love the interior on this one. You've really done a great job creating a full coffee shop in a pretty small space. :thumbup: The drive-thru is also a great idea, but you should remove the shutters from the drive-thru window; I don't think I've ever seen a drive-thru that has shutters on its window.

Bank MOD: This one is really fantastic; it gives me a few ideas for modifying the bank myself! :wink: The whole first floor is very nicely done, and the safe is very nice.

Theater: This is a great idea for a building! I love how you implemented the red curtains, catwalk, and seating. :thumbup:

All in all, you've done a great job on your town. Keep going! :sweet:

Excellent MOC's, LegoCityMann! I agree that you need to include some roads in your layout, but the individual buildings are really good. I especially love the hardware store's interior - the designs are great. The MODed bank also has loads of great details, like the sign and desk. Well done, good luck, and thanks for sharing!

Very nice town, LCM! :thumbup: Here are my thoughts on each of the buildings:

Lightning Hardware Store: I really like this one;you've incorporated some great details (the sign, the dumpster, the cabinets, etc.). However, I think the sidewalk would look better in a shade of gray.

Coffee Shop: Love the interior on this one. You've really done a great job creating a full coffee shop in a pretty small space. :thumbup: The drive-thru is also a great idea, but you should remove the shutters from the drive-thru window; I don't think I've ever seen a drive-thru that has shutters on its window.

Bank MOD: This one is really fantastic; it gives me a few ideas for modifying the bank myself! :wink: The whole first floor is very nicely done, and the safe is very nice.

Theater: This is a great idea for a building! I love how you implemented the red curtains, catwalk, and seating. :thumbup:

All in all, you've done a great job on your town. Keep going! :sweet:

All the sidewalks in Stoneford are red with the exception of the custom paving on the Beverage Store. Even the GE will be getting the red treatment very shortly. The coffee shop doesn't have the shutters. I removed them. Those are the old style drive-thru windows that open outwards instead of the newer sliding type.

Excellent MOC's, LegoCityMann! I agree that you need to include some roads in your layout, but the individual buildings are really good. I especially love the hardware store's interior - the designs are great. The MODed bank also has loads of great details, like the sign and desk. Well done, good luck, and thanks for sharing!

A lot of thanks on the interior of the Hardware store goes to lightningtiger. He gave me a lot of pointers and ideas for stuff on the interior.

Coming up next: Upgrades to the Beverage Store from a previous post.

~LCM

All the sidewalks in Stoneford are red with the exception of the custom paving on the Beverage Store. Even the GE will be getting the red treatment very shortly.

Ah, I see. Looking back on the pictures again I noticed that all the sidewalks are red. I actually think that it looks rather nice in front of some of the buildings like the theater, but it just looks awkward in front of the red hardware store.

Coming up next: Upgrades to the Beverage Store from a previous post.

~LCM

Sounds good, I look forward to it! :sweet:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

indexed.gif B-OM-19D

Beverage Store/Paper Stand

Here we have the town Benerage store. As you can see the beverage store has a tidy cobblestone sidewalk with a small news stand out front.

5867252837_5db972acec_z.jpg

Sorry sir, we're all sold out of the tribune today.

5867808194_bfae4f2c66_z.jpg

This MOC was designed completely because of this Minifig. He's pan handling to get enough for another bottle.

5867807966_c97854f53e_z.jpg

The roof features a large condensor and fan to keep the beverage store nice and cold.

5867253191_5f66706fac_z.jpg

5867807758_0ec1e0d41c_z.jpg

A closeable entry with windows for late night sales. A keypad on the wall for safe entry and security.

5867253131_358f580de3_z.jpg

A safe and register behind the counter.

5867808008_a47f000a21_z.jpg

A few shots of the rest of the interior.

5867807882_6abda183bf_z.jpg

New selling top shelf Cutty Sark Scotch.

5867807842_6f9af9edc3_z.jpg

~LCM

'LCM' didn't you already show us this or have you made some changes.....anyway, great work like always from you - a nice fusion of classic town with modular inspiration ! :thumbup:

Keep them comming and Brick On ! :grin:

Wow! The beverage shop looks great! The architecture of the building is very nicely done, and I love the fan and condenser on the roof. :thumbup: I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more! :sweet:

indexed.gif B-OM-19C

As noted in another thread the Hardware store went thru a major renovation today.

After the it was noted that the Red Storefront with the red sidewalk I made some changes.

We now have a White storefront with Red accents. I'm not 100% on the inverted arch now. That might change.

5875361663_fd8af685e5_z.jpg

The back of the store got an addition. The cashiere and employee area is situated here now. The backdoor now opens into the alley in the rear. The Acetylene and Propane tanks have been moved inside the store for refills and there are now gauges indicating the need for refills at the rear.

5875361587_dae6b0d6b5_z.jpg

It also features rooftop access from the employee area.

5875361721_69fbe8010d_z.jpg

The ceiling height has been expanded and a shelf added over the cash register.

5875920664_11c45765e5_z.jpg

The front of the store remains unchanged except for the color.

5875361779_59170a2d70_z.jpg

I think the addition of white to areas of the interior really opens the space up and makes if feel a lot larger than it actually is. The extra band of white also helps to draw the eyes up making the space seem larger.

~LCM

Love the white colour better!

The inverted slopes remind me of a nice Chinese Restaurant. LOL!

The hardware store looks even better, really looks like a True Value hardware store (US one that is, not Aussie) and nice looking fuel depot or the starting of one I guess.....keep going 'LCM' and Brick On ! :grin:

Nope, Keep Guessing. I think I have solved the seating issue in the theater. Going with the seating idea from the Town Plan. Placed my first ever bricklink order. Can you guess what I ordered from the pictures?

5882931627_17fa0b20d2_z.jpg

Here's the first row installed.

5883495270_4b591c9ba2_z.jpg

Brick on! and as always, questions, comments, suggestions, and criticisms welcome.

~LCM

Great seating in your theater 'LCM', so what is that tank arrangement then ? :wink:

Keep going and Brick On always 'LCM' ! :grin:

Great seating in your theater 'LCM', so what is that tank arrangement then ? :wink:

Keep going and Brick On always 'LCM' ! :grin:

Here's the next part of the arangement, But you'll never see it in the town layout. ;)

5883997060_8f5bcf2102_z.jpg

Brick On!

~LCM

Edited by LegoCityMann

and now you see what sits on top of that Crazy Colored Contraption.

5886121055_bf628f1199_z.jpg

Here it is with the team from Imperial Construction working on the building

5886688556_90eb6b0c88_z.jpg

Why will you never see the crazy colors?

5886121369_0203c5f152_z.jpg

There's still 1 part coming that will tie this in with the First part of the new MOC.

Meanwhile, I decided to take a visit to my town, where I ran into Shaun, the owner of Lightning Hardware and his Dog. He and I got to discussing knives, I was proudly displaying mine when he said "You call that a knife" and proceeded to put mine to shame.

5886688640_4c5c093299_z.jpg

~LCM

No, he said 'That's not a knife......this is a knife !' :iamded_lol::excited:

Great looking construction site....they can visit my name-sake hardware store and buy a new hammer or a knife ! :grin:

Keep going 'LCM' and Brick On ! :moar:

Is the thing the crane is on the building that's getting constructed ?

You put these up too late for me (but it's worth it :grin: ) . I wish they had yawning emoticons.

Edited by sputnik16