Sign in to follow this  
Dengar

UCS ARC-170 Starfighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello,

an other Moc from me is my Arc 170 Satrfighter, but until now I did not get a good idea, how I should design the cockpit, because at the moment it is to small. Do you have any idea?

arc8.jpg

arc1h.jpg

arc2p.jpg

arc3j.jpg

arc4m.jpg

arc5.jpg

arc6.jpg

Hopening for a answer.

Dengar

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Wow, that's one amazing ARC 170 you've built there. :thumbup:

I really like all the greeble you've added to the design.

blogged

Well, I'm impressed ! :excited:

Though part of the nose under-section looks off-centre, now the cockpits....have you checked the scale of the whole ship i.e. wing span vs cockpit length ?

I guess the good doctor (that is the Brick Doctor) will have something to say about this ! :wink:

May the brick be with you 'Dengar' ! :grin:

Well, I'm impressed ! :excited:

Though part of the nose under-section looks off-centre, now the cockpits....have you checked the scale of the whole ship i.e. wing span vs cockpit length ?

I guess the good doctor (that is the Brick Doctor) will have something to say about this ! :wink:

May the brick be with you 'Dengar' ! :grin:

Hello,

thanks to you both for your answer.

@lightningtiger: I come from Germany an so I do not speak english so well, sry. What do you want to say with your second sentence?

I like the MOC but it's 'off' somehow.

I think that the front is too bulky, the engines are too small and the S foil wings are too blockish.

Indeed, though I'll leave the not-so-obvious stuff to our expert and just say that the wings and fuselage both look a little on the fat side. I'd also like to see this a little more smoothed out; portions of it look like it was cobbled together from leftover. Overall, though, Dengar, it's got the right basic shape, and it'd be a great place to start if you decide to continue to improve this model.

Nice work Dengar, but do you intend this to be an exact UCS version of the ARC-170 or a modified one? If it's the first one, then I agree with the others that the cockpit pieces and the circular engines are out of proportion with the overall size of the ship, so you need to make them bigger. Also, I see too much greebling, a simple smoothening up of the surfaces will do the trick. All of these, if this MOC is not meant to be a modified ARC-170. Overall, the base build is already good and it just needs a few more simple tweaks to improve it further.

It certainly is a good start, but agree with the others. The front seems a bit too bulky, and it would benefit from being smoothed out. It just looks a bit too busy in my opinion.

Really nice UCS MOC! The basic shape is Great. I agree that the front part seems a little to fat. And the cockpits seem a little small. But it is a good start. I hope you will decide to improve youre model in the near future.

Edit:

I'm a knight now! :classic:

Edited by Blackknight112

Excellent job on this UCS! This is by far my favorite ship in Star Wars and this is a great interpretation. The only thing I would suggest as mentioned before would be to look into alternatives for cockpits or cockpit design, it seems a bit off with the size of the nose. Other than that, great work. :thumbup:

Wow that's a really great MOC Dengar. Maybe if you used one of the canopy from Anakin's JSF, they might be the right size for this astounding work :thumbup: :thumbup:.

an other Moc from me is my Arc 170 Satrfighter, but until now I did not get a good idea, how I should design the cockpit, because at the moment it is to small. Do you have any idea?

You could try this method or this piece. :classic:

I like the MOC but it's 'off' somehow.

I think that the front is too bulky, the engines are too small and the S foil wings are too blockish.

As much as I hate to provoke Strand... simonjedi is right. Then again, I think that Pepa's rendition did a fairly good job on the proportions; I would recommend you look over it as well as Reto's rendition. Good luck! :classic::thumbup:

You could try this method or this piece. :classic:

Those are great suggestions.

I'm amazed at how much you actually know and your skills at finding alternates and suggestions whenever our members ask for comments.

Thanks for taking the time to do all those inputs :thumbup:

You just earned yourself a title. :classic:

Thanks KimT! I'd take this over 'wants cake with liver and onions on top' any day! :sweet:

I liked that title. :poke: Even if it wasn't completely true, it was funny.

I liked that title. :poke: Even if it wasn't completely true, it was funny.

If it makes you like it a little more, part of the reason I got this new title was probably the fact that you've been making casual references to it for quite some time now. :laugh:

If it makes you like it a little more, part of the reason I got this new title was probably the fact that you've been making casual references to it for quite some time now. :laugh:

I highly doubt I was the only one doing so. :tongue:

Anyways, back on topic.