Captain Green Hair

Build a frigate with Captain Green Hair

Hats off to you Captain! She looks fabolous! :pir-wub: The ridding is just perfect at me and all those details, cannons and else makes it so beatiful looking, but my favorite part is ofcourse the stern :pir-wub: Beatifully detailed, dark red and pearl gold fits perfectly togetger. But i dont see any ladders on the "Hole".

Overall, its amazing

Captain Becker

EDIT: Now i saw those ladders, sorry :pir-blush:

Edited by Captain Becker

It's becoming a very beautiful ship :thumbup:

My only small point of critic is that the spritsail topsail yard ("bovenblindera") may be placed too close to the end of the bowsprit.

But correct me if I'm wrong, there could be frigates that have it this way.

The rest of this ship is perfect, with a nice bell and lots of other fine details on the deck.

What I also really like is your lattice works, with the use of brown windows, and the flag and the stern look good as well.

Great job overall, I can't wait to see it under full sail!

EDIT: I think this needs to be frontpaged since so many people have been waiting for this so they can finish their ships.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Admiral Croissant

I have been drooling over this all day, trying to find the words to explain how this makes me feel, and I can't! Nice job Captain!!!!!! I can't wait until I have all the bricks to make one of my own, of course it would never amount to the one you built! Nice job. And thanks for the tutorial!

:jollyroger:

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

Absolutely amazing work.

And the way you share your building techniques with the community give you a royal star in my book. Top notch.

Remind me to buy you a beer at the next EB Event!

Astonishing ship Captain, truely amazing. :pir-cry_happy:

Great colours, details and of course the rigging. The pearl gold turned out really well. It is not a common colour seen on LEGO ships, using the limited ammount of pieces must be a real challenge. But it looks so realistic! :thumbup:

I also love the details you've put on her. Very inspiring.

Good luck Captain with the sails, I want to see her in real sometime soon. :pir-wink:

Thank you all for the kind words guys! :pir-cry_happy:

Hats off to you Captain! She looks fabolous! :pir-wub: The ridding is just perfect at me and all those details, cannons and else makes it so beatiful looking, but my favorite part is ofcourse the stern :pir-wub: Beatifully detailed, dark red and pearl gold fits perfectly togetger. But i dont see any ladders on the "Hole".

Overall, its amazing

Captain Becker

EDIT: Now i saw those ladders, sorry :pir-blush:

What is ''ridding''?

It's becoming a very beautiful ship :thumbup:

My only small point of critic is that the spritsail topsail yard ("bovenblindera") may be placed too close to the end of the bowsprit.

But correct me if I'm wrong, there could be frigates that have it this way.

The rest of this ship is perfect, with a nice bell and lots of other fine details on the deck.

What I also really like is your lattice works, with the use of brown windows, and the flag and the stern look good as well.

Great job overall, I can't wait to see it under full sail!

EDIT: I think this needs to be frontpaged since so many people have been waiting for this so they can finish their ships.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks for the blog!

I've made the masts and rigging accordng to these plans of the La Renommee:

Renommee.jpg

Absolutely amazing work.

And the way you share your building techniques with the community give you a royal star in my book. Top notch.

Remind me to buy you a beer at the next EB Event!

Knowledge is only power when shared right?

I think I owe you a beer though. :pir-wink:

Good luck Captain with the sails, I want to see her in real sometime soon. :pir-wink:

Always welcome here buddy. :pir-wink:

What is ''ridding''?

Oops, sorry my bad :pir-grin: I meant Rigging, i make some typing errors when im a bit sleepy. And the clock was already over 10 PM so... :pir-look:

Captain Becker

So how about sails and how would one attach them to the mast.

I always make my yards like the old Lego sets were, and then attach the sails with some black sowing string.

If you check out my BS folder, you should see some close ups of how it is done.

I'll post the frigate sometime this week, as she is complete now. :pir-wink:

I always make my yards like the old Lego sets were, and then attach the sails with some black sowing string.

If you check out my BS folder, you should see some close ups of how it is done.

I'll post the frigate sometime this week, as she is complete now. :pir-wink:

Thank you can't wait to see her.

I don't know whether this question belongs here, but I'm asking it anyway: Does anyone know how many ships were build after these techniques? And are they gaining a following outside the EB community?

Does anyone know how many ships were build after these techniques? And are they gaining a following outside the EB community?

I guess many of the ships are done or are WIP`s at the moment, like our member Commodore Hornbrickers fleet is a huge one.

And i think somebody might do the ship following by these instructions outside of EB, or then the members just feel shy to share it. We may never know...

Captain Becker

I'm finally finishing mine, and i quite like how it looks like :) I'll try to post some pictures today. I have some questions tho. On the masts, the place where a sailor stays and shouts "LAAAAAND" etc :P How did you do it? There are some round parts I'm not familiar with. I cannot make it out of the photos in the thread.

I'm finally finishing mine, and i quite like how it looks like :) I'll try to post some pictures today. I have some questions tho. On the masts, the place where a sailor stays and shouts "LAAAAAND" etc :P How did you do it? There are some round parts I'm not familiar with. I cannot make it out of the photos in the thread.

I'm curious to see what it looks like!

Are there any specific parts you didn't get? Please be a bit more specific and perhaps I can explain. :pir-wink:

its hard to explain :P

Birds eye's element. It looks like half of a circle, and if you cut it it would be either in a shape of an "O" or just half of it.

I think you used it as

BACK!

:P

Now i can see it... it's just a regular hose used as railing right? did u use a 1x1 cone with a robot hand for it?

its hard to explain :P

Birds eye's element. It looks like half of a circle, and if you cut it it would be either in a shape of an "O" or just half of it.

I think you used it as

BACK!

:P

Now i can see it... it's just a regular hose used as railing right? did u use a 1x1 cone with a robot hand for it?

Do you mean the platforms in the mast?

The middle or the top one? You said a half round shape, so I guess you mean the middle one.

On the middle one I made a railing with rigid hose, it is attached by 1x1 tiles with a clip on top.

Does that answer your question?

Hi again!

I have a small problem:

The masts (the parts built with 11s high kolumns) are very fragile, I can't tilt the ship a few degrees, because the fall down. Is there a way to fix it? Maybe fitting in them a hose would work, as they have a hole going through them.

Hi again!

I have a small problem:

The masts (the parts built with 11s high kolumns) are very fragile, I can't tilt the ship a few degrees, because the fall down. Is there a way to fix it? Maybe fitting in them a hose would work, as they have a hole going through them.

You can fit an axle through, technic pins also work.

Once the rigging is on, it will be far from fragile. :pir-wink: