KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

And yes - what's up with brickshelf? Can't check on the LDD models from there...

As has been said here, it's been down on and off for the past couple days.

Is it this poster?

Sorry, doc (gee I sound like Bugs Bunny eh :laugh: ), but no....this poster is a narrow one that folds out with the new Darth Maul head on top and only contains BAD guys (and girls)....though if my memory serves me correct some of the bounty hunters worked with the Jedi so they can't be that bad ? :wink:

Sorry, also my son took his poster over to grandparents last night so I can't get a shot for you. :blush:

... Indeed Piett would be the sensible choice for the set. However, from the blurry poster pics i saw of yet, one really can't tell this fig from a regular Impie officer...

Is Piett really confirmed? 'Cause the way that mini figure looks to have that 'choking to death' kinda pose on the poster would suggest it's Ozzel.

edit: ...and Vader looks to be using 'force grip' on him!

Edited by Aeroeza

Is Piett really confirmed? 'Cause the way that mini figure looks to have that 'choking to death' kinda pose on the poster would suggest it's Ozzel.

edit: ...and Vader looks to be using 'force grip' on him!

100% it's Piett. I have the poster at home. UNfortunately brickshelf is still down so I can't upload the picture I took of Dengar.

Is it this poster?

No it's a smaller poster with just selected figs from this year's sets. e.g it has the scout trooper but no ewoks from the ewok attack set.

Edit: if anyone wants to PM me with their email address I can email them the pic of Dengar and they can put it on Flickr (I don't have an account and am at work so don't have time to mess around setting one up)

Edit 2: Done, but now I wish I took a photo of the whole poster. Hopefully someone will scan it in today to share with everyone.

Edited by hewman

Sorry, doc (gee I sound like Bugs Bunny eh :laugh: ), but no....this poster is a narrow one that folds out with the new Darth Maul head on top and only contains BAD guys (and girls)....though if my memory serves me correct some of the bounty hunters worked with the Jedi so they can't be that bad ? :wink:

Sorry, also my son took his poster over to grandparents last night so I can't get a shot for you. :blush:

Ah, okay. That's good. It means another pic to drool over. :sweet:

Heres the picture of the new dengar, credit goes to Hewman!

clickey!

sok117, thanks for doing that, it's much appreciated.

Awesome, thanks guys. Looking forward to adding the Dengar minifig to the collection

Agreed. Glad we're getting some unique minifigs to help warrant a very large purchase price.

Deeplink?

5834155941_13866cff7a_z.jpg

It looks nice, but I think the old ninja headwrap looked more Lego-y, thus looking better IMO.

Heres the picture of the new dengar, credit goes to Hewman!

5834155941_13866cff7a_m.jpg

For those too lazy to click...

edit: Prateek beat me to it... :cry2:

Edited by Artanis I

It looks nice, but I think the old ninja headwrap looked more Lego-y, thus looking better IMO.

I agree. More accurate or not, something looks wrong about this one. Personally I've never liked any of the headwraps designed for Dengar, though. Neither the ninja one nor the PoP one did it for me either. This one to me looks like it doesn't have enough brown in it as well.

I think a good fusion between the old and the new would warrant the best results! I wonder if the head by itself could pass as a headwrap... :look:

Quite disappointing really, a white version of the assassin's headpiece in the Prince of Persia sets

Like the face though :classic:

And what is that think on his back?

Hmm, I thought Dengar actually had a new headpiece or something. The face print is nice, but the white headwrap from the Prince of Persia would probably be better off.

the white headwrap from the Prince of Persia would probably be better off.

I don't think so. That was too big and the cloth around the neck/chin area sunk too low. I think this is fairly good, but if the portions of the cloth printed on the head were instead molded onto the headwrap but didn't sink much lower than the top of the torso, it'd be pretty much perfect.

I don't think so. That was too big and the cloth around the neck/chin area sunk too low. I think this is fairly good, but if the portions of the cloth printed on the head were instead molded onto the headwrap but didn't sink much lower than the top of the torso, it'd be pretty much perfect.

I'd say it's pretty good for a character who has no dialogue and is never the focal point of any scene.

The head wrap and printed face combo make for a much more accurate Dengar head :wub: - I'm looking forward to seeing the torso print. I'll probably have to spend over the odds on BL for this fig, it's unlikely that I'll buy the Executor.

dengar.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

I’m clearly in the minority here, but I think that he looks great! I really like his expression; he’s a bounty hunter after all so he should look a bit grumpy! Anyway, he doesn’t do a great deal in ESB, so I guess that Lego had to use their initiative when designing him. :wink:

Dengar does look more accurate with the printed face, but he doesn't look nice, if it was a headpiece it could be removed and the head could be reused and so could the bandages, but what can that half printed face be used for? Still it's an improvement from the old fig.