DaleDVM

Are you ready for Brickworld? and countdown clock...

This forum has been rather quiet lately. I was hoping for some status reports from other Eurobricks members. These last few weeks are often hectic!

3 weeks from today we will start unloading our creations. Are you ready? Do you have last minute orders that need to come in? Lets share the pre-event rush.

Personally my repair of last years disaster is almost complete. I have one Bricklink order that I need to get in the mail to finish. Why is it that Europeans have all the good rare bricks? :wink: I have about 100 hours of building left but I should be able to pull it off with no problems.

Ready.. no, far from it. :laugh:

Waiting for a couple of Bricklink orders, and have a lot of last-minute building to do before I get on the plane, but that's how I work best, need the pressure of a deadline to get things done. :wink:

I am not bringing anything and just attending during the public hours on Sat.

My room at the Westin is reserved for Fri and Sat nights. I am ready!

Planning, yes; that part is going well.

Done with building...not even close. But as Q man said, I work well with some sort of deadline...

I'll probably close the SigFig build signup on Tuesday next week. There's just too much to construct still and the more time I have to focus, the better.

I am looking forward to hanging out with everyone though!!!!

I too am looking forward to Brickworld but I have a lot of work to get done. I am still working on building my Lego room then I have to unpack all of my stuff, sort a few boxes and I should be able to start building. Of course I waited until the end of May to start. Go Team Procrastination!

I'm ready! I'll probably start to tear down next week and box the smaller parts and have everything ready to go!

I will miss hanging out at Brickworld and expect you will all have a blast! You may see some of my stuff there though :wink:

I'm ready! I'll probably start to tear down next week and box the smaller parts and have everything ready to go!

I am very glad to hear this! :cry_happy:

I look forward to seeing your submarine display.

2 Weeks and counting.

Update: I have put in about 30 hours of building but strangly enough... I still have about 100 hours of building left to do? :wacko:

Hey Stash are we doing the pizza event again; and if so which night are we doing it?

Hey Stash are we doing the pizza event again; and if so which night are we doing it?

I vote for Friday or Saturday night. :grin:

Only 6 days until we start setting up. My nephews have been helping with the building and I think I can get it all done.

And about 40 hours until I leave for the airport, of course still not done building, so tomorrow will be stressful I think :wink:

I'm thinking Saturday night. I figure we'll order right after we close up at 4 pm or so. This way if any of you EB people are around and want to socialize with us, you can. Last year was just too big and too many people snuck in so we literally ran out of food. I know Ricecracker and Norro kinda got hosed on the deal...that won't happen this year.

Great Stash... Saturday night it is. Yes, a lot of late walk ins came along last year. Perhaps we should move down to the end of the hallway where the traffic is less. Should we have people sign up here on the thread? It doesn't seem like too many people are browsing this forum. Didn't know people were left hungry last year.

Norro is rooming at the event with Adam Meyers and myself so he won't go hungry again.

I will bring a cooler of pepsi, coke, sprite, diet, etc. again for everyone. Alcohol I will leave up to you guys.

Well, ready or not, here I come. :wink: Next stop Chicago! (after 15 hours or so of travelling that is)

Have a good trip and do get some sleep on the plane (how hard can it be ;-)!!). I still don't know if and what our display will be, and therefore if I should haul my monorail stuff with me? See you all soon!!

I have no idea either, but I brought a monorail train and some other stuff, so we'll see. Ended up skipping most of the stuff I was planning on bringing though, just not enough time to get everything done (or at least almost-done enough to finish them in Chicago).

Ready?... not at all, still have building to do, I'll probably be building till the set up day. :roflmao:

BUT! I cant wait to see everyone again and just have fun!

Since we are limited on space, I would say maybe bring switches and ramps if you need to. Other than that, I've got plenty of curves and straight track so we should be ok.

I've barely got 3 days to build and the pressure is truly on. Thank goodness I don't have water in my house. Sorry Stash that sucks.

I'm sure whatever you guys build it will turn out great! Safe travels to everyone. We will see you in a couple of days!

Dale

Ready?... not at all, still have building to do, I'll probably be building till the set up day.

I've barely got 3 days to build and the pressure is truly on.

I second both of these statements. I decided to sort all of my minifigs and minifig accessories yesterday. Terrible idea since it wasted a potential day of building. But at least now I know where all of my stuff is, at least for the time being. Like Polish Guy said, I can't wait to see everyone and enjoy all that Brickworld offers. But I'll still try to squeeze out one more building. I know Dale hates the brown bottom on my red building so I'll try and fix that.

Everyone have safe travels, especially those coming from abroad.

I look forward to hanging out with the EB members I met last year at BW.

I'll be there on Saturday to see the displays! Safe travels to everyone, see you there.

I know Dale hates the brown bottom on my red building so I'll try and fix that.

Please for the love of all that is LEGO change that bottom out. It looks like a place where a gong farmer would live. :grin:

On a positive note... I am almost positive I will get no sleep for the next couple of nights. So much to build... :oh: