Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Architecture theme:

21008 Burj Khalifa

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/MForcer90_album/BurjKhalifa.jpg

lxf Download

No errors, besides no print on flat 1X8 brick.

The link to your LXF file doesn't seem to work. Here is the correct link:

[url="http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/geartooth/LDD/burj_khalifa.lxf"]lxf Download[/url]

Result: lxf Download

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

@moop2000

Images are regular in your last post, but, hum... "a little" oversize for such a small sets!

Could you reduce that? (256x pixel should be much better!)

• First of all, you have both the second and third models listed as model 2 in your post. No big issue, but something you might want to edit.
  • The second model has a 2x6 plate (3795) where it should have two 2x3 plates (3021). This is the only building error

Thanks for both of those catches, I have fixed both and have updated the file appropiately.

@moop2000

Images are regular in your last post, but, hum... "a little" oversize for such a small sets!

Could you reduce that? (256x pixel should be much better!)

Sorry about that, just didn't realize how big they looked. I guess I'm too used to looking at really high resolution images at work that I didn't think about it. It's been fixed! :)

Lets follow on the coming New Star Wars sets spree :

7961 - Sith Infiltrator

7961-sith_infiltrator.jpg

Nothing is missing. Well, except for the decals and stickers, obviously...

EDIT: Cross that, actually : I couldn't find Panaka's cap nor Darth Maul's horns...

LXF file

Edited by yellost

7957 - Sith Nightspeeder - Theme: Star Wars, The Clone Wars - LXF File

7957.png

Errors

[uPDATED 03-06-2011]

• Updated model with remarks from Aanchir.
  • Updated minifigs with prints from Giovanne.

Edited by P4trickvH

Lets follow on the coming New Star Wars sets spree :

7961 - Sith Infiltrator

Nothing is missing. Well, except for the decals and stickers, obviously...

EDIT: Cross that, actually : I couldn't find Panaka's cap...

LXF file

• Immediately upon opening the model I got a warning that "4 bricks were not placed correctly and have been removed from the model". They include two Medium Stone Grey 4x4 hinge plates (44570) and two Medium Stone Grey 3x6 wedge plates (2419) from the wings. I do not know for certain why these parts were removed, although it seems to be the fault of a boundary error involving the hinge plate.
  • Your model has one two many probe droids. The set only contains two.
  • The two 1x1 round bricks (3062) and the two 1x1 plates with horizontal clip (6019) should all be 5 Brick Yellow rather than 24 Bright Yellow. The 1x1 plates with horizontal clip should also be brick 61252 rather than 6019.
  • The Bright Red 1x1 plate with vertical clip should actually be brick 60897 rather than 4085.
  • All the parts you have colored 44 Transparent Yellow should actually be colored 5 Brick Yellow.
  • All the parts you have colored 5 Brick Yellow (BL's Tan), besides Qui-Gon's torso and arms, should actually be colored 138 Sand Yellow (BL's Dark Tan).
  • The two 1x1 bricks with four side-studs (4733), the 2x2 45 degree peak slope (3043), the 2x2 45 degree slope with computer monitor pattern (3039), the 1x6x2 arch (6183), the 1x8 plate in the craft's nose (3460), the four 1x2/2x2 brackets in the body of the vehicle (44728), the five 1x2 plates with handles (48336), the 2x2 round tile (4150), and the two control levers in the cockpit (73587) should be colored 26 Black rather than 199 Dark Stone Grey. Additionally, the correct decoration for 3039 is available, so there's no need to use a placeholder decoration. You can obtain the part with the correct decoration in my LDD Decorations file.
  • You should make note of the fact that Darth Maul's head-spikes are unavailable on LDD in your post, and possibly include a replacement part in the actual LXF.
  • Captain Panaka's arms and legs should be colored 135 Sand Blue rather than 102 Medium Blue.
  • Captain Panaka's head should be colored 312 Medium Nougat (BL's Medium Dark Flesh) rather than 18 Nougat (BL's Flesh).
  • The Transparent Red 1x1 cones should be brick 59900 rather than 4589.
  • The decoration for the radar dish that acts as the "roof" of the vehicle is available, and can be obtained from the LDD Decorations file that I linked to previously.
  • The two lightsaber handles (23306) should be colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • The speeder bike's handlebars (30031) and 1x1 plate with clip (2555) should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • Your model is missing one Dark Stone Grey 4x4 quarter-circle plate (30565) on the vehicle's left wing.

7957 - Sith Nightspeeder - Theme: Star Wars, The Clone Wars - LXF File

Errors

• The two lightsaber handles (23306) should be colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered (BL's Metallic Silver) rather than 315 Silver Metallic (BL's Flat Silver in post-2010 sets)
  • The spear (4497) and axe blade (53454) being held by Savage Opress should be colored 316 Titanium Metallic (BL's Pearl Dark Gray in post-2010 sets) rather than 27 Dark Grey (BL's Dark Gray). There are very, very few colors that do not appear at all in LDD, and there should never be any pearl colors that are completely missing from LDD, even if they don't appear on the default LDD Extended color palette.
  • The Dark Stone Grey 1x1 cones should be brick 59900 rather than 4589.
  • Savage Opress's head should be colored 26 Black rather than 199 Dark Stone Grey.

Nice to get a good look at how some of these Star Wars sets are built, since I no longer collect them myself. Some of the Episode I sets this year, particularly the podracers, are bringing me dangerously close to putting some of these sets on my personal wish list. But the prices haven't stopped being a hindrance in that regard...

Aanchir: I fixed the errors from 7962, also, the 1x4 Bright Orange tile from "wings" of the turbines is here:

Plus, one duplicate set and other new:

7957 - Sith Nightspeeder

Theme - Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Year - 2011

[DUPLICATE]

325_-_lddscreenshot1.png

LXF File

-Red Bracket 1x2 - 2x4 substituted by Red Bracket 1x2 - 2x2 (Brick 44728).

-I don't found a proper face to substitute Savage Opress's face, the Minifig is without face decoration.

-Anakin's hair is substituted by Brick 87991.

-Opress's head gear is substituted by Brick 6141.

-Some decorations were substituted, other decorations are missing.

7067 - Jet-Copter Encounter

Theme - Alien Conquest

Year - 2011

254_-_lddscreenshot1.png

LXF File

-Alien heads are missing, substituted by a brick-built one.

-The new Alien Conquest dark grey lasers in the front of the Jet-Copter were substituted by Brick 60849.

-The windscreens from the UFO are substituted by Bricks 48336 & 6070

Edited by Calabar
Image inserted as a link.

• Immediately upon opening the model I got a warning that "4 bricks were not placed correctly and have been removed from the model". They include two Medium Stone Grey 4x4 hinge plates (44570) and two Medium Stone Grey 3x6 wedge plates (2419) from the wings. I do not know for certain why these parts were removed, although it seems to be the fault of a boundary error involving the hinge plate.
  • Your model has one two many probe droids. The set only contains two.
  • The two 1x1 round bricks (3062) and the two 1x1 plates with horizontal clip (6019) should all be 5 Brick Yellow rather than 24 Bright Yellow. The 1x1 plates with horizontal clip should also be brick 61252 rather than 6019.
  • The Bright Red 1x1 plate with vertical clip should actually be brick 60897 rather than 4085.
  • All the parts you have colored 44 Transparent Yellow should actually be colored 5 Brick Yellow.
  • All the parts you have colored 5 Brick Yellow (BL's Tan), besides Qui-Gon's torso and arms, should actually be colored 138 Sand Yellow (BL's Dark Tan).
  • The two 1x1 bricks with four side-studs (4733), the 2x2 45 degree peak slope (3043), the 2x2 45 degree slope with computer monitor pattern (3039), the 1x6x2 arch (6183), the 1x8 plate in the craft's nose (3460), the four 1x2/2x2 brackets in the body of the vehicle (44728), the five 1x2 plates with handles (48336), the 2x2 round tile (4150), and the two control levers in the cockpit (73587) should be colored 26 Black rather than 199 Dark Stone Grey. Additionally, the correct decoration for 3039 is available, so there's no need to use a placeholder decoration. You can obtain the part with the correct decoration in my LDD Decorations file.
  • You should make note of the fact that Darth Maul's head-spikes are unavailable on LDD in your post, and possibly include a replacement part in the actual LXF.
  • Captain Panaka's arms and legs should be colored 135 Sand Blue rather than 102 Medium Blue.
  • Captain Panaka's head should be colored 312 Medium Nougat (BL's Medium Dark Flesh) rather than 18 Nougat (BL's Flesh).
  • The Transparent Red 1x1 cones should be brick 59900 rather than 4589.
  • The decoration for the radar dish that acts as the "roof" of the vehicle is available, and can be obtained from the LDD Decorations file that I linked to previously.
  • The two lightsaber handles (23306) should be colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • The speeder bike's handlebars (30031) and 1x1 plate with clip (2555) should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • Your model is missing one Dark Stone Grey 4x4 quarter-circle plate (30565) on the vehicle's left wing.

Master of colours indeed :grin:

I fixed the whole lot. Thanks for pointing them out... Though I have to ask how you actually found some of them (especially when I swapped two pieces that seem to be clones to me, like the 1x1 cone).

Aanchir: I fixed the errors from 7962, also, the 1x4 Bright Orange tile from "wings" of the turbines is here:

Plus, one duplicate set and other new:

7957 - Sith Nightspeeder

Theme - Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Year - 2011

[DUPLICATE]

LXF File

-Red Bracket 1x2 - 2x4 substituted by Red Bracket 1x2 - 2x2 (Brick 44728).

-I don't found a proper face to substitute Savage Opress's face, the Minifig is without face decoration.

-Anakin's hair is substituted by Brick 87991.

-Opress's head gear is substituted by Brick 6141.

• The lightsaber handles (64567) should be colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered (BL's Metallic Silver) rather than 315 Silver Metallic (BL's Flat Silver in post-2010 sets).
  • Your model is missing two Dark Stone Grey cheese wedges (50746) that go on either side of the middle speeder section's nose, and one Dark Stone Grey 4M axle with stop (87083) that goes inside the flick fire mechanism of the far-left speeder section.

7067 - Jet-Copter Encounter

Theme - Alien Conquest

Year - 2011

LXF File

-Alien heads are missing, substituted by a brick-built one.

-The new Alien Conquest dark grey lasers in the front of the Jet-Copter were substituted by Brick 60849.

-The windscreens from the UFO are substituted by Bricks 48336 & 6070

• Your model is missing two 1x1 round bricks in 24 Bright Yellow.
  • Click hinges like 30364 and 44302 can legally only be hinged at intervals of 22.5 degrees. They can't quite make it quite that high on LDD, only getting to 22.45 degrees up before the engines collide with the fuselage, but it seems like it works legally IRL (there seem to be minor boundary errors with 61252, 4081, 2569, and another piece I cannot identify preventing this on LDD). In any event this isn't too much of an error on your part, but you'll want them hinged as high up as they can actually go for the purposes of this model (they are currently hinged only 17.96 degrees, not at all realistic for these hinge pieces when not being held at that angle illegally).

No other errors I could find!

Master of colours indeed :grin:

I fixed the whole lot. Thanks for pointing them out... Though I have to ask how you actually found some of them (especially when I swapped two pieces that seem to be clones to me, like the 1x1 cone).

Generally, a newer part has a newer ID number. For a couple years they might appear interchangeably, but soon enough the newer one tends to become "standard". If you know enough part numbers, you can actually estimate when a part debuted based on its number (for instance, all parts numbered 9#### made their debut this year or last). This isn't completely reliable, since a part can be designed and assigned an ID number long before it begins to show up in sets, in which time other parts with higher numbers can begin to appear, but in general if you're not confident about which part was current when a set came out you can check the part in the actual set yourself (or others that came out at the same time).

In the case of the cones, there's an actual physical difference, which is even visible on LDD. 59900 is equivalent to Bricklink's Cone 1 x 1 with Top Groove, and this can be seen on LDD if you zoom in. 59900 became standard for solid-colored cones in 2008 and for transparent-colored cones in 2010.

Of course, judging by appearance isn't always reliable, because sometimes a new mold for a part will not be assigned a new part number. Bricklink's 4085b is the one most often associated with the part number 60897 on LDD, since it was the first to bear that part number and visually resembles the LDD render. However, the part number for the more recent 4085d is also a version of 60897, despite having a different appearance (check the bottom of one of these pieces with a magnifying glass to see for yourself).

Unfortunately, since LDD is programmed to have each part number mapped to a single part design, people often get confused and use 4085 when they mean to use 60897, since 4085 closer resembles the modern version of 60897 visually. An even worse problem occurs when two functionally different parts have the same ID number in real life. 4868a and 4868b both have the part number 4868 engraved on them, meaning that LDD can probably never be updated to include the older version unless there's an extreme overhaul in the data structure allowing for more than one part to have the same ID number (and none of us want that since it would probably make it so none of our older MOCs and sets would be able to run on the newer version of LDD).

Generally when doing an error-check, I make heavy use of the "Color and Shape Selection Tool" to see how many copies of each element are present. I make a note if the quantity of any given part in the model doesn't match up with the quantity of that same part in a reliable inventory (either the Bricklink inventory or the inventory in the back of the instruction booklet). Once I've checked a part I delete every instance of that part in the model, so by the time I've gotten through the inventory I've deleted the whole model (unless there are additional parts which don't belong).

Edited by Aanchir

10218 - Pet Shop - Theme: Modular Buildings - LXF File

10218.png

Errors:

[uPDATED 06-06-2011]

Fixed all errors reported by Aanchir.

Edited by P4trickvH

I'm a bit late making these new Star Wars sets it seems, but here's:

7964 Republic Frigate (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Clone Wars)

LXF File

republic_frigate.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 61190a, 61190b, 61190c, 61190d and 61190e

Replaced parts 61190f with 92738

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 54384 and 30504 (Book 2, p56)

Collision error between parts 54383 and 30504 (Book 2, p58)

Edited by ADHO15

Thank you, sir. I've been waiting for this a long time :sweet:

BTW, the layer of bricks directly on the baseplate of the pet shop should be 140 - Earth Blue instead of regular blue. :wink:

Edited by prateek

Errors:

[uPDATED 04-06-2011]

Added bb487 (92690 in LDD) and placed Blue Minifig, Headgear Cap - Long Bill (original version) in correct position. Tnx Superkalle.

• All Flat Silver parts in post-2010 sets should be colored 315 Silver Metallic. This is a new pearl silver color introduced in summer 2010, which Bricklink usually identifies as Flat Silver.
  • Why are the minifigure face decorations missing? The basic minifigure face decoration can be obtained just fine using the decoration tool. If you click the correct side of the minifigure face (the one with the most decorations listed), it should be the sixth decoration on the top row.
  • The painter's face is decorated in your model; however, it has the wrong decoration.
  • The pattern for the two 1x2 "letter" tiles (3069), the pattern for the 1x2 "dollar" tile (3069), the the front and rear patterns for the "hoodie" torso (76382), and the front and rear patterns for the "overalls" torso (76382) also all available as decorations, but other than the dollar pattern they cannot be applied using the decoration tool. They can, however, all be downloaded as part of my LDD Decorations file, and copied and pasted from there into the Pet Shop file.
  • All non-transparent 1x2 bricks should use part 3004 rather than 3065.
  • The Transparent Green 1x2 brick should use part 3065 rather than 3004.
  • All 1x4 bricks should use part 3010 rather than 3066.
  • All 1x1 plates with vertical clips should use part 61252 rather than 6019.
  • All 1x1 plates with horizontal clips should use part 60897 rather than 4085.
  • All non-transparent 1x2x3 panels should use part 87544 rather than 2362.
  • All Transparent 1x2x2 panels should use part 4864 rather than 87552.
  • All 1x4x3 panels should use part 87543 rather than 4215.
  • All minifig ball caps should use part 86035 rather than 4485
  • The 2x4x2/3 curved slope should use part 88930 rather than 61068.
  • The cabinet should use part 92410 rather than 4532.
  • All 1x1 cones should use part 59900 rather than 4589.
  • Not an error in your model, but you should probably mention in your post how the toilet cannot be assembled correctly because of the collision between 4070 and 48729.
  • The woman's torso should be colored 21 Bright Red rather than 154 New Dark Red. Her arms, legs, and hips are all colored correctly, though.
  • The four neutral-colored doors with windowpanes (60623) should all be colored 26 Black rather than 199 Dark Stone Grey.
  • The transparent 1x1 cheese wedge (50746), 1x2 panel (4865), and 3x6 windscreens (58181) should all be colored 111 Transparent Brown rather than 40 Transparent.
  • The silver grille tiles (2412) should all be colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered rather than 315 Silver Metallic.
  • The little girl's legs should be colored 268 Medium Lilac rather than 324 Medium Lavender.
  • The two green 2x4 curve bricks (6081) should be colored 141 Earth Green rather than 28 Dark Green.
  • All blue 1x2 bricks (3004), blue 1x4 bricks (3010), blue 2x2 bricks (3003), and blue 2x2 corner bricks (2357) should be colored 140 Earth Blue rather than 23 Bright Blue.
  • All orange 1x1 flower plates (33291) should be colored 191 Flame Yellowish Orange rather than 105 Bright Yellowish Orange.
  • Your model is missing four Bright Yellow 1x1 round plates (6141), one Brick Yellow 1x4 plate (3710), one Black 1x2 plate (3023), one Black 1x1 round plate (6141), one Transparent Yellow 1x1 round plate (6141), one Medium Stone Grey 1x1 tile (3070), one Medium Stone Grey 1x2 tile (3069), one Medium Stone Grey 1x3 tile (63864), one Medium Stone Grey 1x4 tile (2431), one Medium Stone Grey 1x4 plate (3710), one Medium Stone Grey 2x4 plate (3020), three Dark Stone Grey 1x1 bricks with side studs (87087), one Dark Stone Grey 1x2 tile (3069), one Dark Stone Grey 2x4 tile (87079), and one Medium Lilac 1x1 round plate (6141).
  • Your model uses one Bright Blue 1x6 brick (3009) where it should use one Earth Blue 1x4 brick (3010) and one Earth Blue 1x2 brick (3004).
  • Your model uses two Bright Green flower plates (33291) where it should use two Dark Green 1x1 plates (6141).
  • Your model uses one New Dark Red 1x8 plate (3460) where it should use two New Dark Red 1x4 plates (3710).
  • Your model uses five more Bright Yellowish Green 1x1 round plates (6141) than it should.
  • Your model uses one more Medium Blue 1x1 plate (3024) than it should.
  • Your model uses two more Medium Stone Grey 2x2 plates (3022) than it should.
  • Your model uses one more Dark Stone Grey 1x1 round plate (6141) than it should.
  • Your model has four Dark Stone Grey 1x1 bricks, while the set doesn't have any. I'm sure some of your missing pieces are supposed to go in place of these.

Overall, this model is loaded with errors that need to be addressed. It would save me a lot of time if you would compare your model's parts with those in the Bricklink inventory while you're building-- it's a lot easier to avoid errors in the first place than to identify them once a model this size is built. On the plus side, you did a good job completing this massive set in spite of some inescapable errors (like the one you mentioned with the "PETS" sign). Good luck fixing those errors I mentioned.

5770 Lighthouse

Errors: Light brick left out, minifig torso decal substituted.

• Upon opening the file, I was informed that "1 brick could not be placed and has been removed from the model".
  • The fish (64648) and boat propellor (6041) should be colored 315 Silver Metallic (BL's Flat Silver in post-2010 sets) rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey (BL's Light Bluish Gray).
  • The 4M axle with end stop (87083) should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey rather than 194 Medium Stone Grey.
  • The windowpanes (30046 and 60607) should be colored 297 Warm Gold rather than 106 Bright Orange.
  • The 1x1 plates (6141) on the grill should be colored 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange rather than 41 Transparent Red.
  • All green 1x1 plates (6141) should be colored 119 Bright Yellowish Green (BL's Lime) rather than 37 Bright Green. All other green parts should be colored 28 Dark Green (BL's Green) rather than 37 Bright Green.
  • All 1x1 cones should use part 59900 rather than 4589.
  • Your model is missing one Black 1x2 plate (3023). There should be four around the "light" of the lighthouse, while your model only has three.
  • Your model is missing one Transparent Yellow 1x1 plate (3024). There should be one on each of the lighthouse's four sides, whereas your model is missing one. I imagine this may be the part that was removed when I opened model, because it is attached to the rest of the lighthouse by a Technic axle and a Technic brick and is thus "out of system". The easiest way to work around this is delete the Technic axle and brick, then use the "multiple selection" tool to select these two parts and the Transparent Yellow 1x1 plate from the opposite side and copy all three (you may need to hide a few parts in order to select the axle). When you paste these three parts on the side that is missing the 1x1 plate, there should presumably be no collision since there wasn't a collision on the side you copied them from.

Overall, just a few errors that can probably be avoided in the future by keeping the Bricklink inventory for the set open while you build. Great work on this model! Do you plan to build the two alternate models of this set as well?

I'm a bit late making these new Star Wars sets it seems, but here's:

7964 Republic Frigate - LDD4.1

LXF File

ERRORS:

Missing Clone Trooper attachments

Replaced parts 93274 with 2436, 64804pb01 with brick-built solution and bb374 with 92738

Replaced Eeth Koth's headgear with 30114

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Should I bother completing the Themes myself or just leave the ones that others have already made?

• All the lightsaber blades (30374) should be colored 311 Transparent Bright Green rather than 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green. This is a change from previous Star Wars sets, where 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green was the correct color for green lightsabers.
  • All the parts in your model currently colored 315 Silver Metallic (BL's Flat Silver in post-2010 sets) should be colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered (BL's Metallic Silver).
  • I think Eeth Koth's skintone should be 38 Dark Orange rather than 312 Medium Nougat. All I know for sure is that he and Quinlan Vos have different skin colors, and his skin tone seems to be darker than Quinlan Vos's skin tone.
  • All the Bright Red 1x1 plates with clips should be brick 60897 rather than 4085.
  • The Technic T-beams (60484) should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey rather than 26 Black.
  • Your model is missing one Dark Stone Grey 1x1 round plate (6141). I can't find where it belongs right now because my Firefox is being really, really slow and stupid right now, especially with PDFs.
  • Your model is missing two Medium Stone Grey 1x2 plates with click hinge female (44302), one Medium Stone Grey 1x2 plate with clip (92280), and one Medium Stone Grey 1x3 plate (3623).
  • Your model uses a 8M axle (3707) where it should use a 10M axle (3737).
  • A lot of click-hinge pieces seem to be hinged inaccurately. However, I can't quite tell how all of them should be hinged since it seems that some cannot be hinged legally (i.e. at increments of 22.5 degrees), although this may just be because they are colliding with other incorrectly-hinged pieces. It's a puzzle you could probably solve a lot better than I can-- the trapezoidal "front-plates" of the side areas are what strike me as the most obvious inaccuracy, as they are not hinged at all.
  • Why aren't the bricks off to the side of the model attached? If there's a collision, that should probably be noted in your post.

Ugh... it's sometimes very, very frustrating to spot-check something that's not inventoried on Bricklink (or reviewed here on Eurobricks). Still, great work on this set!

5771 Hillside House

Errors: None!

• The antenna piece (3957) should be colored 26 Black rather than 199 Dark Stone Grey.
  • The 4x8 plate (3035) should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey rather than 26 Black.
  • The minifigure has the incorrect face print. The correct one is the fifth face on the second row when using the decoration tool.
  • All parts colored 326 Spring Yellowish Green should actually be colored 24 Bright Yellow. Spring Yellowish Green hasn't even shown up in any sets yet.
  • All parts colored 37 Bright Green should actually be colored 28 Dark Green.
  • The 1x1 plate (6141) on the doorbell should be colored 297 Warm Gold rather than 106 Bright Orange.
  • Your model is missing two Reddish Brown 1x1 bricks (3005) from the base of the columns holding up the car port.
  • Your model has one more Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange 1x1 round plate (6141) than it should.
  • Your model has one Bright Blue 2x2 plate, while the set doesn't include any.
  • All non-transparent 1x2 bricks should use part 3004 rather than 3065.
  • The 1x4 hinge plate should use part 95120 rather than 44822.

Aside from the various errors, great work on this one! Again, I have to ask whether you plan to make the other two models of this set.

Wow, that's a massive post Aanchir. But thanks for helping keeping the quality up to a maximum. Everyone downloading these files in the future will be greatful to you (and to the LXF creator of course!!)

Now, to all creators of official sets in LDD:

There are some easy ways to make sure you get the right parts and the right colors, and that is to use LDD Manager. Import your model and it will spot the most obvious color errors. Also, if you use the "import parts from BrickLink" feature, you will be able to import all parts, and in the right colors (99% of the time), directly into LDD. No more guesswork.

Tnx Aanchir for the check, will fix all error tomorrow or the day after.

I always have the bricklink inventory next to the building instructions when building a model in LDD. The problem with the building instructions is that the parts all have partcolorid numbers which you can't use in LDD and have to resort back to the bricklink inventory for the correct partid which LDD also uses.

And regarding prints on minifigs, i just found out the other about the post with all minifig prints/faces etc. I'm kinda new to using that stuff. So bear with me.

Tnx Superkalle for the information.

I always have the bricklink inventory next to the building instructions when building a model in LDD. The problem with the building instructions is that the parts all have partcolorid numbers which you can't use in LDD and have to resort back to the bricklink inventory for the correct partid which LDD also uses.

There is a feature in LDD Manager that allows you to find if a brick exists in LDD based on the BrickLink ID, and also in which cateogry in LDD you can find it.

Thanks for linking to LDD manager, Superkalle. Unfortunately, many of the sets posted recently have not yet been inventoried on Bricklink, and so I've been having to use the inventories in the backs of the instruction booklets (as well as consulting out-of-box photos when available to determine, for example, the silver color used in certain sets).

It'd be very helpful if people would both use LDD manager when possible and wait for the sets to be inventoried on Bricklink before posting them here. Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy building sets before they're reviewed, inventoried on Bricklink, or even released in stores. However, if you can bear holding off on posting them here, it would allow you to catch a lot more errors yourself and would make my work a lot easier.

A lot of people ask me why I do these corrections for other members, and there are a lot of reasons, but first and foremost is the fact that it's something where I can make all the trivial knowledge I've accumulated about color and part timelines actually feel useful. In some cases, I can help teach people the official names of colors that differ from the Bricklink names-- something I was researching even before I started using LDD frequently-- and other "quirks" about LEGO colors and parts on LDD.

But at the same time, I don't want my color corrections to be an excuse for carelessness in building. If you're having trouble identifying the often-distorted colors in an instruction booklet (for instance, 37 Bright Green and 28 Dark Green are often hard to tell apart), look it up, either on Bricklink or in images where it's clearer. Grogall's Brickshelf folder has lots of very clear, high-resolution images of recent sets. If a set's not on Bricklink yet, feel free to consult the inventory that should be in the back of one of the instruction booklets for each set (at least in all sets since 2006). These inventories don't give the names or ID numbers for colors, but they do group parts together by color, so it's easy to see which parts should be the same color and which should not.

There are a lot of resources at your disposal to help you make this topic a reliable resource for people to look at an accurate 3-D model of an official set. Personally, I know I come to this topic often to download a set if I want to reference aspects of that set's design when MOCing. This topic is, like most things on Eurobricks, a collaborative effort, and I'm happy to be a part of it. But please make sure you put forth an effort to use all the resources available to you.

Good post Aanchir. I agree fully that people need to spend a bit more time to quality control their Official sets. And I know Calabar is quite strict on the format that the sets need to be posted in, so together you make a good team :classic:

A brief tutorial would be helpful. I can write something short about LDD Managers key error control features, and maybe you can write something about the steps and resources to check your model? Maybe we need a simple 5-steps checklist before you upload a model?

Something like

Before you upload

Check 1

Check 2

Check 3

Uploading

Check 4

After you uploaded

Check 5

8068 - Rescue Helicopter version 2 - TECHNIC

8068_2.png

LXF

Errors:

Rings 32187 are not connectable to pins. They were scaffholded in correct position anyway.

Hoses 76270 were used in place of Bricklink-mentioned hoses 75c17. They are 136mm long. They are perfect for version 1 but a bit too long for version 2, according to the pictures. Maybe they were meant to be trimmed in real life?

I was not able to place the following parts in the model, as there wasn't enough room left from the assembly:

- the black beam 32140 near to the wheel that activates the propellor has been replaced with a custom assembly of beams 43857 and 32523.

- the black connector 32038 under the propellor has been replaced with a custom assembly of two bushes 6590.

- the wheel 6589 in the rudder could not be placed and was left aside.

In my opinion these parts might be placed by connecting parts in a different order and using all the gap between parts. I solved a pair of similar cases in this model but could not find a solution for the ones above. Someone may try!

Edited by marco9999

4955 - Big Rig - Theme: Creator - LXF File

4955.png

Errors:

2x Black Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical - Undetermined Type replaced by Black Plate 1 x 1 because it wouldn't fit. 2x Black Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical - Undetermined Type placed next to the model.

USED downloaded XML file from the bricklink inventory and converted that to a LXF file to get the right parts and colors.

Edited by P4trickvH

Errors:

- the black beam 32140 near to the wheel that activates the propellor has been replaced with a custom assembly of beams 43857 and 32523.

I was able to position the black beam 32140 by rotating the 42003 CROSS BLOCK so it is perpendicular. Just select it with hinge tool and type in 180 degrees. The other two position errors I leave to someone else :classic: