Rate the set  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion on the set

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

He hasent changed in 10 years apart from the all black head these days. and when together you cant tell the diffrence between new and old figs.

Isn't that a good thing? :look:

As for the set, it looks like a decent parts pack...

Thanks 'DarkFader' for this review, actually I'll buy one when they are on clearance to go with my Battle Of Endor set. :wink:

The disappointing thing about it is in Oz BigW are selling it for 49 bucks....yes, that's about double the US price ! :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, may the brick be with you ! :grin:

Arrg I go away for one night and the first review is up with two pages already. Wont TLG settle on a speeder bike design already, every single version has been different. On to the set, it;s not too bad but not brilliant though. I might get this for the scout and the speeder and some parts, but the ewoks don't interest me really.

Good work on the review! :thumbup: Not the best set at all. I much prefer the Geonosian Starfighter to this. I may get this for the Ewoks but I really don't htink so.

Wow, great review and great job on finding this set so early! This set will be a parts pack for me since I really need some more leaves and brown pieces. But really, I wouldn't even think about this set if it weren't for those amazingly awesome Ewoks :wub: .

Great review. I will get this mainly for the mini figs and speeder bike. My only wish was that it had 2 speeder bikes and scouts instead of just 1.

Thanks so much for this review. I love ewoks, and these ones are so well done. But there are also some nice pieces I could use from the tree. The review looks great, with very clear pictures.

Great job :thumbup:

Thank you for the great review of this set!

I am looking forward to getting this set, those ewok minifigs are brilliant! The detail in the logray fig is amazing!

Not sure if it justifies the same UK price point as the Battle of Naboo set so I will be looking to get it on some kind of 3 for 2 deal. :laugh:

Great figs. Tree design is lacking but uses nice parts. Speeder is rubbish IF you have Battle of Endor.

I'll get this when it comes out, and possibly another one when it goes on sale before it's discontinued.

I think this set is faily plain. I would have liked to see some back printting or leg printing on the scout trooper. He hasent changed in 10 years apart from the all black head these days. and when together you cant tell the diffrence between new and old figs. I personaly think the scout trooper is one of the best looking troopers in the Star Wars saga and wish Lego would redesign him.

You say "you cant tell the diffrence between new and old figs" as though it were a bad thing. *huh* I don't understand why one wouldn't want one's uniformed troops to look, well, uniform.

First:

Thanks for the review.

This set is really nice, just because of the ewoks. They are one of my favourite characters.

But the price is very high. Especially in Germany :(

I like how 99% of the posts say "this set sucks tremendously, but I'll buy it for the Ewoks." TLG know exactly what they're doing here, methinks.

Not that I'm immune to it - I'd buy it for the Ewoks, too, if there weren't so many other sets I want in this year's lineup. Might buy it on clearance anyway. Those damn teddy bears ruined ROTJ, but they make great minifigs!

I like how 99% of the posts say "this set sucks tremendously, but I'll buy it for the Ewoks." TLG know exactly what they're doing here, methinks.

Yes, I think that's been the trend with Star Wars sets recently.

Thanks for this review. I'm still not sure about the tree. It looks like something thrown together to make a set with more Ewoks and a speeder bike. I'll probably get this set anyway, though.

I completely agrea. To bad Lego didn't make the tree modular in some way. That way, if you buy multiple sets you can make a bigger tree. (of course it's Lego and you always can) but they should exploit it, to get more money. :tongue:

I will buy it when it goes on sale. Set looks pretty mediocre to me. For the price we should have gotten more minifigs.

Thanks for doing a much needed review on this set.

I've added a poll for people to rate the set in.

blogged

I am honestly unimpressed with this set on so many levels. The minifig selection is boring and uncreative. The speederbike is one of the worst ones i've ever seen. The tree is neat, but honestly that by itself can't carry the set. I feel like Lego could have done more with an Endor set considering Endor is one of the most underrepresented and under appreciated Star Wars locals when it comes to Legos.

Thanks for this fantastic review! You've covered every aspect really well, shown the set for exactly what it is. :thumbup:

I, like everyone else it seems, am not entirely sure about this as set in itself. The tree is cool, the bike is... hmm and the minifigures, while actually really nice, are kind of boring. Nothing stands out.

However, I actually think this is a brilliant parts pack set. When you look at it from the view of a MOCer, the tree is a treasure trove. Dark brown, dark green, dark tan, brown, green, more leaves, etc etc. The bike leaves something to be desired but is, again, a really nice selection of intricate brown and black pieces. The minifigures then, when looked at in this way, are just nice addition, a couple of characters thrown in.

While I agree the set could've been better, I think the designer has done a good job turning what could potentially been a very boring flop of a model into a hive of useful parts in (fairly) rare colours. I also must say that really like the new mish-mash trees we're getting now too, it's a neat area the new sets are exploring.

I'll wait for a while and mull this one over. :classic:

Edited by Commander Laquiet

nice review there, im really on the fence with this set BUT as this is an Ewok set, I will be buying it.

I bought this set last week: built it two nights ago, put it on my Lego cupboard (next to the Endor Bunker) and really haven't looked at it since. It's just a very underwhelming set, with which so much more could have been done by the designers to make it more attractive. Even just leaving out the Speeder and the Scout Trooper in return for a more interesting tree (comparable to, say, the Forestmen's Hideout) would have been much preferable.

Edited by Alldarker

If someone missed out the battle of endor's ewoks then this is a must to get their minifigs.

If someone missed out the battle of endor's ewoks then this is a must to get their minifigs.

More like a cheaper alternative, as far as I'm aware Battle of Endor is still readily available in many places including lego's shop.

edit: looked it up and well apparently sold out at S@H for the americans, so we can be sure the set isn't going to drag on for much longer, but still very available elsewhere

Beyond that I'm still not persuaded by this set, The minifigures are great but I know for a fact that the tree-stump wouldn't stay assembled very long, guess I'll wait for a discount on this one (at least 2 years availability to go, must happen someday).

Oh and thanks for the review, well done. Looking forward to other reviews of the new sets.

Edited by Stegoceras