CLUES: The Mystery Continues

112 replies to this topic

#76 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Member: 272

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

The large chest in the attic is locked, we shall try that as well.  We may want to check over the attic once more also.  It was the last place checked before the case was dropped 6 monthes ago (in the story), and i think we may have over looked some clues there.

Way to go Mr. Lego Builder.

So if the "C" is wrong, and it might be an "L", would that make the word "Loin?" So who's going to search Crowley's loins for clues? NOT IT!

Or possibly Lion?  Have we seen anything to do with a lion in our search.  Perhaps it is related to Leo so we should be looking for a telescope or horoscope.  Are the staues in or outside of a lion?  Perhaps a symbol of one on a book in the library or in one of the rooms.  

This whole mystery is clearly tied into the sea and the Barbep.

-the house location on the point
-the matching brass nautical items scattered throughout the house
-the miniature Barbep
-the gold key was in his Navy (military not color) jacket
-the signal in the tower for directing ships
-the wreckage or the Barbep, and the missing legendary gold from it
-the old golden coin similar to something you would have seen in the days of the Barbep

So when we get a chance I think we should examine anything to do with the ocean.  

xwingyoda, will you please remove the bullets from the revolver and give them to Mr. Lego Builder to hold onto for safe keeping?  That way it will be harder for the gun to be used if things get ugly in the end.

#77 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:27 AM

You make your way back up to the attic to see if the key unlocks the large sea chest.  The gold key does not fit the lock.

#78 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

May we also try the gate in the cellar also?

My brain has missed something along the way.  Does anyone else have an idea about a clue or where to look for another?

I will have to look into this  and the history of it again to see what I missed.

#79 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:51 AM

The Grotto

You find your way back to the subterranean passage where you come to the locked iron gate.  You pull out the gold key attempting to unlock it, and CLICK, the gate unlocks.  It creeks open as you continue walking along the dark damp cavern.  

The cavern passage ends in a large grotto that opens to the rising ocean tide.

Inside the grotto is the following:

A large ornate Egyptian sarcophagus that stands upright.
Three large wooden crates (sealed but not locked).
A large chest.
Four canopic jars with human, falcon, baboon, and jackal lids.  The jars appear to be sealed.

Tied to one side of the grotto is a small wooden row boat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:12 AM

1) Can we move or open the sarcophagus?

2) Can we see what is inside the 3 crates and the chest?

3) Is there anything inside the canopic jars? But if not, I'd like to more closely examine them anyways.

4) And last, but not least, where the Grotto lead out to?

#81 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:21 AM

Well this is where it gets ugly.  Now we find out why he was killed.  I think I know what is inside one of these items at least and I have a thought on who killed crowley but not enough brain power to finalize it.

Brickster what is in these containers Mr. Lego Builder is opening?

Does the ring belong to this sarcophagus or perhaps what may be inside?  Is there a place the ring fits into/onto?

The jars sound like they are burial jars.  Are these more symbols possibly?

#82 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:31 AM

Egyptian Treasures

Can we move or open the sarcophagus?

Opening the sarcophagus reveals the remnants of an ancient mummy.

Can we see what is inside the 3 crates and the chest?

Inside the crates, wrapped in shredded paper are the following:

Crate 1:  An alabaster chalice and silver vase
Crate 2:  A bronze statue of Anubis
Crate 3:  Various pieces of jewelry including a gold buckle, a scarab bracelet, a gold falcon pendant, and four gold rings similar to the scarab ring you found in the subterranean passage.

The chest is elaborately decorated but is empty.

Is there anything inside the canopic jars? But if not, I'd like to more closely examine them anyways.

The jars are sealed and would probably involve breaking to discover the contents.  The jars do not have symbols.

And last, but not least, where the Grotto lead out to?

The grotto is open to the ocean (the North side of the mansion).

Well this is where it gets ugly. Now we find out why he was killed. I think I know what is inside one of these items at least and I have a thought on who killed crowley but not enough brain power to finalize it.

Would you care to make an educated guess or share your suspicions?

Brickster what is in these containers Mr. Lego Builder is opening?

The jars would probably involve breaking unless opened by an expert.  You may break them if you wish but they appear to be very old and probably rather valuable.

Does the ring belong to this sarcophagus or perhaps what may be inside? Is there a place the ring fits into/onto?

Mr. Lego Builder opens the sarcophagus.  It is the remains of a very ancient mummy.  No place for the ring to be inserted.

The jars sound like they are burial jars. Are these more symbols possibly?

The jars do not have symbols but the lids are fine carvings of the animals and person mentioned above.

#83 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:54 AM

I think the true treasure has been moved.  The chest is obviously empty for a reason.  The boat is still here and if the murderer helped transport something valuable via the boat then they know the grotto exists.  The value of these items is not what they are after or they would have come back for them.

There is something still missing.  Why all the nautical items and the Barbep stuff if this is all there is?

Questions we need to ask ourselves

What is in the large chest in the attic?
Who dropped the rings that matches these newly found rings near the wine?
What is the word Crowley writes in symbols, how does it help us?

Crowley frequently mentioned both France and a grand daughter, which put suspect on the females involved in this and anyone who is French.  The 'they' comments mean more than one party may have been involved in either the murder or the treasure.

I will ponder this and more.  The mystery draws near a close and I am determined not to leave it unsolved.

Can anyone else answer some of these questions, xwingyoda, darkie, BJ, Ahhk, Mr Lego Builder?

#84 Darkie

Darkie

• I am a REAL girl !

Member: 299

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:55 AM

A bronze statue of Anubis? I don't recall any statues of Egypt being made of bronze.  The were usually carved stone.

Either way, this is incredibly valuble. Please don't break the canopic jars. If they're sealed, the contain the nasty remnants of the various removed parts from the mummifcation process.

Which mummy is it? Is there an ovbious Book of the Dead? You mentioned nothing about the other heirglyphs. Much like the Rosetta Stone, perhaps the sarcophogus is the key.

#85 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:08 AM

Pete states, "I heard that ancient Egyptians did make statues out of bronze- saw a special on the History Channel all about it".

The mummy appears very old but the markings on the sarcofagus are too worn out to read or lend a clue as to who it may have been.  Without further carbon dating and analysis in a lab, you can't be sure.

Pete also adds, "I don't think that the sarcofagus or the mummy will tell us much in regard to this mystery.  Perhaps we might look somewhere else.

Also, we may not have all the answers, but there may be be enough clues to determine who killed Crowley and with what weapon.  We may not be clear as to why and I'm not sure if we can determine where the murder was committed.  We may have missed something critical in this regard".

#86 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Member: 84

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:17 AM

Anything in the vase?

Is there anything in the boat? Can we take it out onto the water?

Steve

#87 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:31 AM

The vase is empty.

You examine the small row boat to discover what looks like some cat food on the floor of the boat.

You may paddle it out to the ocean if you'd like.

#88 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:29 AM

Cat food, eh? That seems to be a little odd. Though cats were sacred to the Egyptians weren't they? And I say lets go paddle around on the ocean. Any life jackets?

Steve

#89 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:31 AM

Athos and a few of the others paddle out to the ocean.  The cold sea breeze chills your spines.  The ocean is rough at this late hour and the sky bears luminous clouds.  A greenish fog seems to be drifting in.

Pete recommends, "perhaps it's not that good an idea to paddle out this time of night.  There's plenty of rip tides around these reefs that could take us out for miles; plus with the fog, visibility is poor".

The waves crack against the boat and paddling becomes very difficult...

#90 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

Then I guess we'd better paddle back.

Steve

#91 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:48 PM

Do the rings here have any insriptions.  The ring in the cellar had one but was worn out.  Do these matching rings have anything written on them?

What type of cat food is it, wet or dry?  Is there anything recognizable about it, like a particular brand or shape?

Chair 1: Quail/Bird V, W, U, OU
Chair 2: Feather E, I, Y
Chair 3: no symbol -
Chair 4: Cup K, X, C, Q
Chair 5: Lion L
Chair 6: no symbol -

What simpler word is there than C L U E it even fits the placement of the chairs.
CCCC
-LLLLLLL
EEEEEE-
uuuU

The problem is now what does this mean.  Lets head back up to the dining room to further inspect the table and chairs!

#92 Darkie

Darkie

• I am a REAL girl !

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

SuvieD, you amaze me.  *wub*

;)

#93 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

Darkie, on Oct 24 2005, 01:56 PM, said:

SuvieD, you amaze me.  *wub*
Don't thank me yet, i might be barking up the wrong tree entirely.  We need to wait for Brickster.

The mystery is nearly solved but I need to know just a few more things.  I really want to see what is in the safe in the cabinet and the contents of the chest upstairs.

The cat food it still puzzling me though *wacko*  cat litter I might be able to explain but cat food?

#94 languages

languages

• Forever TAWTed

Member: 215

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:42 PM

Maybe a key for the safe is hidden in the cat food?
Posted Image
IF YOU ARE Bigsmall THEN I MUST BE Legomad.....

Vote for Mysterious Crab....you know you want to...

#95 Darkie

Darkie

• I am a REAL girl !

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

Yeah. The cat food is a bit....odd. Nutrition, perhaps? Or a big tiger that is waiting to eat us? ;)

Of course...it just looks like cat food. Are we sure it's cat food?

#96 chewie

chewie

• Thank you, come again

Member: 280

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:09 PM

hmm, the cat food is odd..I do have an idea about the locked safe and the word clue, maby clue gives us numbers in a different alphabet..somthing to ponder about

#97 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:23 AM

Pete states, "I am definately sure this is cat food, and from the looks of it, it appears to be of the fancy variety".  

The cat food is rather small and does not contain any foreign objects (i.e. a key).

The rings do not contain any inspriptions.

Pete adds, "CLUE is definately a common word, but what does it mean"?

#98 SuvieD

SuvieD

• The Sailing Monkey

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:29 AM

Brickster I would like to attempt to solve the murder is there any special way to go about this?

I think once the killer is put behind bars or interogated then we can figure out the little details and wrap up all the loose ends.

#99 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:40 AM

Can we taste the cat food to make sure it is really cat food?

Steve

#100 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:00 AM

Solving the Mystery

Dorian Crowley was murdered by one of the Eurobrick detectives.

12 SUSPECTS include:

Akkhraziel
Athos
Bloody Jay
Clecle
Darkie
Darth Ewok
Jipay
Jonfett
Mr. Lego Builder
Sarg Kulo
Snefroe
XWingYoda

6 WEAPONS include:

Candlestick
Knife
Lead Pipe
Revolver
Rope
Wrench

10 ROOMS include:

Main Hall
Kitchen
Wine Cellar
Dining Room
Upstairs Hall
Library
Attic
Tower
Crowley's Bedroom
Grotto

MOTIVE is to be determined?

If you wish to solve the mystery, you must provide SUSPECT, WEAPON, ROOM, and MOTIVE.

Private Message to me with the info listed above.  If your solution is incorrect, you may not guess again for 48 hours.

One rule change since we started:  Participation was opened to anyone when the 2nd message thread, "The Mystery Continues" was established - but they must have posted at least a few times to this thread contributing to the solution.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users