CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Ya i saw that picture yesterday too and was confused by the figure's inaccuracy!

Well the fig is made from the concept art, not the final design.

You can tell by the length of the THING going down past his chest, when it should stop where chests stops =/

Overall in the movie the MAJORITY of his head is purple, not green. Consider that his entire face is purple/pink.

That looks like Red and Green stripes to me..

For some reason, I really dislike the Avengers Tower Set. The build seems OK, but its weird how you only get the top of the tower. And the minifigures :sick:. I like Thor and Iron Man, but you can easily get them in other sets. I hate the colouring of that Ultron, it just seems really off it almost seems unfair to compare him to his two other versions. And the Iron Legions colours look really weird. Definite pass.

I know that people were complaining about Hawkeye still having goggles, but it turns out that in this movie he actually will because Hot Toys released pics off all of their avengers figures and Hawkeye has goggles. Also since they released their HulkBuster armor fig as well im disappointed that the Lego version doesn't have the leg arc reactors and that everybody but Quicksilver, Captain America, and Thor don't have leg printing and that Thor doesn't have an accurate hairpiece :sceptic: . Still happy that they fixed Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye though.

I'm really undecided about the Avengers sets. I really like the new quinjet design, and Avengers Tower looks like a fun build that will keep my son occupied with play features. But, that brick built Hulkbuster IM looks like a mess. Glad I went with the knockoff based on the Hulkbuster featured in the Lego Marvel Superheroes game. I usually buy the sets more for the minifigs than the builds, and quite a few are rehashes. And I really can't abide that pink Vision. Thankfully, there are custom versions of Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision based on the comic versions. But that's just me. I don't care for the movie hero costumes. What gets me is the continued lack of leg printing STILL. I don't get it. Star Wars minifigs get too much detail that it takes away from the simplicity of its design. Yet, superhero designs look so halfassed.

I'm really undecided about the Avengers sets. I really like the new quinjet design, and Avengers Tower looks like a fun build that will keep my son occupied with play features. But, that brick built Hulkbuster IM looks like a mess. Glad I went with the knockoff based on the Hulkbuster featured in the Lego Marvel Superheroes game. I usually buy the sets more for the minifigs than the builds, and quite a few are rehashes. And I really can't abide that pink Vision. Thankfully, there are custom versions of Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision based on the comic versions. But that's just me. I don't care for the movie hero costumes. What gets me is the continued lack of leg printing STILL. I don't get it. Star Wars minifigs get too much detail that it takes away from the simplicity of its design. Yet, superhero designs look so halfassed.

I think only three minifigures don't have leg printing. And I don't believe there's a middle ground between the superhero and Star Wars levels of detail. It's one or the other now. And some SW minifigures don't have leg printing either.

I agree about the Hulkbuster though, it's way too big for being the same size as Hulk. I would have preferred it being a bigfigure like in the game. LEGO Groot had the same problem, brickbuilt figures just don't fit in with their smaller counterparts. I'll probably still get the set though, for Scarlet Witch and Ultron.

Comicbook.com is reporting that Loki could have a new scepter based on the piece they're using in these sets. Gotta admit, I laughed.

Figured by now we'd get an accurate piece for that thing, though.

Its the exact same scepter as in Avengers (2012) - the only difference is Lego are beginning to realise that the

Infinity Gems are becomming more important and thus the Scepter Gem being an Infinity Gem will likely play a greater role in the future films. So they made it a Gem instead so that one day they can have a set with a bunch of Lego Gems to represent the different Gems.

----

Really hope we get a Thanos set and Infinity War Lego..

Edited by Scarilian

Its the exact same scepter as in Avengers (2012) - the only difference is Lego are beginning to realise that the

Infinity Gems are becomming more important and thus the Scepter Gem being an Infinity Gem will likely play a greater role in the future films. So they made it a Gem instead so that one day they can have a set with a bunch of Lego Gems to represent the different Gems.

----

Really hope we get a Thanos set and Infinity War Lego..

I am 99% Sure we are getting Infinity War sets

I am 99% Sure we are getting Infinity War sets

I really hope so...

Wonder if they'd split it into a 2018 wave and a 2019 wave of Infinity War sets...

I don't love the constant figure duplicates. I thought there were a lot of IM duplicates, but it looks like at least 3 version maybe? Based on the pictures, the names are different.

Leg printing would be nice, for certain characters, but I don't know if it is necessary for everyone. The overall printing is significantly more detailed now than it used to be. So that says something.

The new Hulk looks good, but I can't be so sure about the other new figures until I see better images. Hulkbuster is too big IMO also. I don't know much about it, but it seems too big. Granted, wasn't there concept art of the size difference and it was bigger in the movie also?

Edited by TheLegoDr

In the trailer the Hulkbuster is a good head or two taller then hulk, does any one know if you can fit normal iron man inside? I would hope so, if not its an easy mod I'm sure

Huh? :wacko: But, the catalog said March....

They could be getting them early, and then releasing them in March.

Loving all the new Avengers sets. I am surprised how much I like the Hulkbuster, since normally I don't like those type of builds, it looks great and I think LEGO nailed it. The Quinjet is my favorite set, I did not like the 2012 one at all and passed on it even when it was on clearance, this one is much better and has really great minifigs. Avengers Tower looks good to me and I will get it since Iron Man is my favorite Marvel hero and I can never have enough suits/things related to him. :laugh: Thor I wish had the armor printing on his metallic arms.

Quicksilver is a must buy as he is my second favorite Marvel character. The fortress is honestly the weakest set to me so I might just get him on the aftermarket. Otherwise the best Marvel wave yet. :thumbup:

Ya it seems too good to be true, but I asked about the DC sets separately and the guy said, "We should be getting the Avengers 2 sets in around December 30th".

Ya it seems too good to be true, but I asked about the DC sets separately and the guy said, "We should be getting the Avengers 2 sets in around December 30th".

I would love to believe that but it makes no sense. Why would they release sets based off of a movie 4 months before it is in theaters?

I would love to believe that but it makes no sense. Why would they release sets based off of a movie 4 months before it is in theaters?

I guess to hype up the release to Kids?

Also if the sets are released in the months after Christmas, Kids will most likely have money to spend. If they are released in March/April probably no one will have money to spend as they will have already bought DC, Star wars, Ninjago, City and Hobbit sets.

I just called up my local Lego store, and they said that they will be getting the avengers sets in on the 30th of December!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Quinjet here I come!

If that early release date is true then sweet! The more I look at this wave the more its growing on me, huge improvement over the first wave imo. Better baddies for army building, more diverse heroes, and arguably better prints all around. I mean I'll take the Hulkbuster set over Helicarrier Breakout any day. Plus a UCS Helicarrier does seem to be coming soon!

Well, I gove the benefit of the doubt, and say I can be more excited now! Come to think of it, didn't the last Avengers sets come out in December, and then the Spider-Man set came in March? Making sure because I wasn't really into the theme then.

Edited by TheLegoExperience