Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

REVIEW: 7993 Gas Station

INDEXED

*yoda* strikes again with another review (what am I going to do when there will be no more sets to review loool) � the city gas station. Like the Train station, I think that this set has a small town feel which I think is great.

This set has 2 instruction manuals & 2 DSS (I think its a mistake since we only need 1)

img_4119.jpg

img_4121.jpg

img_4122.jpg

1/Mfs and Vehicles

I think that 3 Mfs is quite disappointing in a 35� set: 2 civilians (one with the space jacket again hehe) and a classic Octan worker blue jumpsuit.

img_4243.jpg

The yellow car is nothing spectacular � just a neat little car. The only thing that needs to be pointed out is that there is an extra plate on the rear weels (to have the rear 1 plate higher than the front � to give it a little hot rod feel).

img_4244.jpg

img_4245.jpg

Its great to have a black bike. I already have 1, so I put the racing stickers on it.

img_4249.jpg

img_4250.jpg

2/Gas Station

Its really a neat station with a lot of sweet details !! Its funny to remark that the actual set�s instructions differ from the booklet art (I let you look at the changes hehe). I shall start with general views of that station.

img_4252.jpg

img_4253.jpg

img_4254.jpg

img_4255.jpg

img_4256.jpg

Now lets focus on details.

*car wash*

Thats my favorite detail of this set. The 2 brushes are hold together with an elastic band which help them to �close� on the vehicle. There is a nice light to tell you when the was is over hehe. The two rotors that serve as heaters can move with the handle. I will finish with the roof that comprises the two nice stickers and opening �windows�.

img_4257.jpg

img_4258.jpg

img_4259.jpg

img_4260.jpg

img_4261.jpg

img_4262.jpg

img_4263.jpg

*shop*

Yeay, another shop !! The great feture is on its left, there is a distributing machine (that holds 5 trans dark cones !!). The shop is neat from the exterior with its 4 lights, 2 windows and a door + bottles stands in front of it !!

img_4264.jpg

img_4266.jpg

img_4268.jpg

*gas pumps*

img_4269.jpg

The system to operate those pumps is quite weird: you need to turn the gas handle on the right, then go and put the nozzle in the car and let have that black gold flowing !! And if you mess up, there is a place for cleaning hehe.

img_4270.jpg

img_4271.jpg

img_4272.jpg

The roof is quite nice with the Octan colours and the huge Octan Logo tht turns. There are 4 glasses to let the light throw and 2 lights for the evening craves lool.

img_4273.jpg

img_4274.jpg

img_4275.jpg

Finally, there is the sides: flowers, barriers and the price list.

img_4276.jpg

img_4278.jpg

Lets keep that gas pumping for our Mfs supped up vehicles hehe !! So until next review, I say Cheers Mates !!

*yoda*

Why am I not a town collector???

This set is soooo good. My favorite part is the transparent price list.

You must have a huge collection Mr. Yoda. Not only you collect SW, but also all these nice city sets.

Are you using them to build a town?

Wow, what a neat set! *y* Excellent pictures, *yoda*!

The proportions of that station

Oooops, you did it again... *sing*

great set, great review *yoda*

Yep! Nothing to add.

My parents-in-law own a gas station in combination with a car wash.

Maybe I could convince them of playing with Lego for their first time... :-D

*voice to the right*: "Don

thanks Yoda for this long waitted review!

im sooo happy lego gave us this since i dont own a gas station

things to love:

.the yellow car!!a civilian car in lego city!!

.the glass roof

.the accesories

.the shop

.the minifigs cool torsos

.the car wash nice brushes

.the octan sign on the roof

.the colors

things that could be better:

.the black motorbike...why not makeit a purple one? (cat woman style)

.the baseplate..i miss green on the side

.the minifigs..a lady could be driving the car

things to hate:

.the car wash..how im i supposed to fit this in my layout with half a baseplate hanging out?

they did this again this year with the fire station...

i need this i want this...im gonna get this!! (when it comes to Greece..October maby)

At first I didn't want to buy this set, but seeing this review, this is a MUST have! *wub*

It looks sooo much better than I thought, the only thing I miss is a tow truck. :-/ I might add that. ;-)

Petrol explosion ON!

ANother nice review, and another nice set!

This 2007 city line is very very good! I need all of the sets!

Nice station, even if I prefer the fisrt Octan station 6397...

Another great review *yoda* . I would have to say if you keep reviewing these "City" sets I too will go broke :-) . I really liked the details that TLC added to this station. I will definitly have to think about this set. The one thing that puzzled me was the size of the main store. I think it would have been cool if TLC made the store the same length as the car wash. This way there could be merchandise in there too. Oh, maybe something I will add if I buy this. Thank you again for the review, Model On.

Very nice to see Lego going back to the old tradition of make Gas Stations...

I remember the old ones, thanks for the review, maybe i get but im not sure..

Is it a must get?

Copmike ehh i thought that the guy at the "Fabrik" in G

Thank you Master *yoda*

For all these reviews that make us humble Lego lovers want MORE!(hehe)

I really like this set it is good to finally get a gas station again

The black biker dude it really nice(has rebel written all over him)

And we get a new yellow hotrod gangsta car :-D

Perhaps that needs some pimpin X-D

Piranha

Thank you for posting this yoda! I've been waiting for this review for a looong time, now I just want it more badly!

Today I'm phoning up my local TRU to see if they've got it, and if they don't I'm ordering it right there on S@H along with the new garbage truck.

Those prices are probably wrong (ie: too low) already! :-D

looool and you can also state that in France there are no 92/95 but its 95/98 :-D Darn conversion tables |-/

*yoda*

Nice review Yoda, *y* :-)

I like the station, but I also think the first version of the octan station is better ( nicer roof, more shop)

Another great review Yoda I will again probably get this set thanks to you! ;-) I really like the yellow car, very classy and the car wash (it is similar to a petrol station I used to have, which was probably better than this set). I think they could have done a little more with the shop and maybe,instead of a bike, have a break-down truck! nice review all the same! ;-)

Great review! I only wish that it came with a tow truck like the older gas stations did. Oh well. and yes, i think we all wish gas prices were that cheap!

Great review! I only wish that it came with a tow truck like the older gas stations did. Oh well. and yes, i think we all wish gas prices were that cheap!

You know, the more I think about that, the more I think we'll have next year a garage with tow truck ;-) That would indeed be sweet !!

*yoda*

You know, the more I think about that, the more I think we'll have next year a garage with tow truck ;-) That would indeed be sweet !!

*yoda*

Hope you're right! It's a good marketing strategie to make sets with things that are missing, so TLC can do new sets the year after, including those elements, so you will buy them to complete your collection... Like it did in a past not so far away...

Hope you're right! It's a good marketing strategie to make sets with things that are missing, so TLC can do new sets the year after, including those elements, so you will buy them to complete your collection... Like it did in a past not so far away...

I totally agree with you and there is another line I am sure they will do shortly: postal services 8-

I totally agree with you and there is another line I am sure they will do shortly: postal services 8-