XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Perhaps they might use the sales of the Malevolence to see if there is enough interest in the bigger ships of that type, whether it would be worthwhile for them to make one...? I dont know, Im just throwing a guess out there :wacko:

Perhaps they might use the sales of the Malevolence to see if there is enough interest in the bigger ships of that type, whether it would be worthwhile for them to make one...? I dont know, Im just throwing a guess out there :wacko:

That would be a rather odd comparison though, since the Malevolence is a play set and we're talking about UCS display sets here. There's a rather big difference between the two in design and detailing (and obviously price tag).

Does Star Wars use cheap plastic? My Pre Vizsla looks cheap. Hell, it even smelled a little when I first opened it.

Can't say i like the sound of that TheRedGuy. Doesn't it say on the box where the components of your set were made?

I think it's more a case of being a kid-friendly and wallet-friendly version of the Super Star Destroyer. Both represent absolutely huge ships, neither are built to minifig scale, but both have minifig-scaled interiors to act as playsets. Granted, the Malevolence isn't exactly cheap at £100, but compared to the £350 SSD, it's something parents can at least consider without choking on their lattes.

Can't say i like the sound of that TheRedGuy. Doesn't it say on the box where the components of your set were made?

It says it's made in Denmark. My other Lego sets are just fine.

I think it's more a case of being a kid-friendly and wallet-friendly version of the Super Star Destroyer. Both represent absolutely huge ships, neither are built to minifig scale, but both have minifig-scaled interiors to act as playsets. Granted, the Malevolence isn't exactly cheap at £100, but compared to the £350 SSD, it's something parents can at least consider without choking on their lattes.

I think to even more of an extent that the UCS sets are not aimed at kids. Kids want play features and the ability to play, and interact with a set. Due to the scale and design of most UCS sets its difficult for a child to play with. Lots of the models are mainly used for display such as the ships, and those with minifigures come with ships so large that to a child they might as well be bolted to the table. I think the reason that Prequel UCS sets don't seem to sell is a mixture of problems. The first is that the main audience for prequel stuff is kids. This is due to the clone wars and that the prequels seem more aimed at younger audiences. Most of the UCS sets contain a high age rating in difficultly(14+). This high age rating can scare of parents who are the ones buying these sets for kids. If they see a large price tag, a high age rating and not a lot to keep them occupied with, then they will pick up something more kid friendly. The other problem I think prequel UCS sets face is what the model is. LEGO could have made some better choices. I'm sure a UCS pod racer or Jedi Interceptor would sell great but Obi Wan's star fighter wasn't the best option.

I think to even more of an extent that the UCS sets are not aimed at kids. Kids want play features and the ability to play, and interact with a set. Due to the scale and design of most UCS sets its difficult for a child to play with. Lots of the models are mainly used for display such as the ships, and those with minifigures come with ships so large that to a child they might as well be bolted to the table. I think the reason that Prequel UCS sets don't seem to sell is a mixture of problems. The first is that the main audience for prequel stuff is kids. This is due to the clone wars and that the prequels seem more aimed at younger audiences. Most of the UCS sets contain a high age rating in difficultly(14+). This high age rating can scare of parents who are the ones buying these sets for kids. If they see a large price tag, a high age rating and not a lot to keep them occupied with, then they will pick up something more kid friendly. The other problem I think prequel UCS sets face is what the model is. LEGO could have made some better choices. I'm sure a UCS pod racer or Jedi Interceptor would sell great but Obi Wan's star fighter wasn't the best option.

Still I think of all the Prequel ships that were introduced, a Venator would grab the most sales, the only other ship I could see selling well as a UCS would be the Jedi Interceptor, but knowing TLG it would probably be produced in the Anakin Yellow. Regardless, as an AFOL and SW fan I think I speak for the majority in that EP III was the "best" of the prequels and if a prequel UCS set was going to be produced it should be from that one.

Just a side note that I didn't know. "Venator" is latin for "Hunter"

Edited by jmagaletta

It's on the way §§§

It is just a matter of time.

738602ani.png

877557seb.png

Mouhahahaha.

(Thank you Blakbird for the renders :blush: )

Edited by Anio

I was wondering if anyone else remebered that 2010 fan's choice add which had the Republic Frigate, Clone Turbo Tank and Rebel Transport Ship as the three choices. Was this fake or was this a real thing? If it is really real, we got the Turbo Tank in 2010( I guess it would be the fan's choice winner) and then in 2011 we got the Republic Frigate so I'm wondering if this year its possible to see the Rebel Transport Ship.

Edited by North Lego Star

I was wondering if anyone else remebered that 2010 fan's choice add which had the Republic Frigate, Clone Turbo Tank and Rebel Transport Ship as the three choices. Was this fake or was this a real thing? If it is really real, we got the Turbo Tank in 2010( I guess it would be the fan's choice winner) and then in 2011 we got the Republic Frigate so I'm wondering if this year its possible to see the Rebel Transport Ship.

Uh, no. I know nothing of this fan choice you're talking about.

Uh, no. I know nothing of this fan choice you're talking about.

Okay thanks, I just remebered a picture of the 3 choices the other day while thinking about what possible large sets we could see next year and was just simply wondering if anyone else had an idea of what I was thinking about.

Edited by North Lego Star

Have Lego ever done an official Imperial Probe Droid (the big black round probe droid at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, on Hoth) and if not, have they ever been interested in producing one?

Edited by SheepEater

Have Lego ever done an official Imperial Probe Droid (the big black round probe droid at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, on Hoth) and if not, have they ever been interested in producing one?

In minifig scale or as a UCS set?

The former, yes: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29263

The latter, no. But it would be an interesting set.

The big photo of the Lego design office (which I can't find right now) has a massive and detailed prototype of a UCS Probe Droid on their big display shelf. It's a safe assumption that they decided against putting it into production, so I wouldn't get your hopes up of seeing it any time soon.

The Rebel Transport is really a rough set to do in a medium like Lego. Heck the Plastic modelers still haven't quite figured out how to do it well as a kit. What few people realize, unless they have seen good pictures of the studio model, the ship is not solid. It is just that bowed and complexly curved thin top plate. With hundreds of cargo containers hanging underneath it. It's real hard to get the shape and structure right. TLG may have played around with it and decided they could not pull it off acceptably in an affordable kit.

Does anyone know what end you are meant to put the lightsaber blade in on the actual handle; I've always wondered this, but personally I've always put in the thicker end, as that is how it is depicted on Lego boxes etc and most people seem to do it that way, so I always assumed that was the correct way :wacko: What way do you think looks better?

Does anyone know what end you are meant to put the lightsaber blade in on the actual handle; I've always wondered this, but personally I've always put in the thicker end, as that is how it is depicted on Lego boxes etc and most people seem to do it that way, so I always assumed that was the correct way :wacko: What way do you think looks better?

Since it's the same handle for 90% of all lightsabers, I try and vary it up to keep things fresh. It doesn't really matter which way round, does it?

Since it's the same handle for 90% of all lightsabers, I try and vary it up to keep things fresh. It doesn't really matter which way round, does it?

This has been discussed so many times, and ultimately it's a matter of personal preference, but as far as accuracy is concerned, the general consensus is that the LEGO lightsaber is based on the props of Luke's and Obi-Wan's 'sabers, because of the ribbed grip (as rings just above the area gripped by the minifig hand), the shape of the pommel, and the emitter that's wider than the grip. (which also allows for the insertion of the blade without deviating from the basic design of the inspiration) Based on that, the ringed end should be the emitter end, while the bumpy end should be the pommel. (though it is worth noting that that requires the minifig to hold the hand closer to the pommel than the emitter, which is not how people hold swords with one hand) The earlier LEGO advertisements show the bumpy end up, while later LEGO catalogs depict the ringed end up. So, in response to your question, it does technically kind of matter which way 'round, but it is really a matter of personal preference.

In the Star Wars universe lightsaber hilts come in all shapes and sizes, so like Bobsy i just like to vary a bit. But mostly i use the thick ringed end as the emitter end, which is probably the "official" way like Brickdoctor pointed out.

On 9525 Pre Vizslas Mandalorian Starfighter there's a rotating gun turret on the back that uses 1x1 cones connected to fire hose nozzles. They say in the instructions(and shows on the box art) that they go on one way, but it's not possible as far as I can tell. The little "trigger" on the nozzle prevents the cone piece from clutching the hose nozzle as it's supposed to. Has anyone actually got it to stick the right way Nd I'm somehow missing something? Or are the instructions incorrect?

On 9525 Pre Vizslas Mandalorian Starfighter there's a rotating gun turret on the back that uses 1x1 cones connected to fire hose nozzles. They say in the instructions(and shows on the box art) that they go on one way, but it's not possible as far as I can tell. The little "trigger" on the nozzle prevents the cone piece from clutching the hose nozzle as it's supposed to. Has anyone actually got it to stick the right way Nd I'm somehow missing something? Or are the instructions incorrect?

Looking at the online instruction booklet, i don't think there's anything wrong with the instructions. I just tried that connection with some spare parts and the fire hose part is long enough for a good firm grip in the cone part. Assuming you applied all the parts the right way, i'm quite puzzled how that connection should cause you any problems. :wacko:

Looking at the online instruction booklet, i don't think there's anything wrong with the instructions. I just tried that connection with some spare parts and the fire hose part is long enough for a good firm grip in the cone part. Assuming you applied all the parts the right way, i'm quite puzzled how that connection should cause you any problems. :wacko:

I just checked it again, and for whatever reason, it's secure. I don't know what I did wrong last time....I guess my brain was taking a break. :sceptic:

I just checked it again, and for whatever reason, it's secure. I don't know what I did wrong last time....I guess my brain was taking a break. :sceptic:

You must've pushed it towards the center too far.

It hardly matters what went wrong, i'm just glad to hear the problem has been solved. At least now you can fully enjoy the set without that little issue nagging at the back of your mind. :wink: