Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

inb4 Cole and Nya are the timetravelling parents of Jay

That's actually the best explanation here.

they never said Kai and Skylor were in a relationship.

Really fam? Is she actually with Zane now?

why would Skylor return if it was not for Kai?

You mean, as if she left? I'm sure that she's still in on the action, just that she also needs to run the noodle house. Why else is she wearing her costume if she's done being an assassin now?

Edited by gamejutzu

That's actually the best explanation here.

It really, really isn't, there's a reason why I wasn't being serious when I wrote that.

edit: Might as well compile every silly suggestion I probably would have made about who Jay's father is here.

blogger-image--1717560891.jpg

njo074.jpg

250px-Nimbus.jpg

movies_harry_potter_deathly_hallows_voldemort.jpg

Edited by Mandate

It really, really isn't, there's a reason why I wasn't being serious when I wrote that.

I know. I was making a joke that everyone else's theories sucked and that this explanation was better.

You should have replaced Voldy with Darth Vader.

I know. I was making a joke that everyone else's theories sucked and that this explanation was better.

You should have replaced Voldy with Darth Vader.

Sorry, sarcasm is a bit hard to detect on the internet sometimes. And yes, I probably should have :laugh:

edit: Might as well compile every silly suggestion I probably would have made about who Jay's father is here.

blogger-image--1717560891.jpg

njo074.jpg

250px-Nimbus.jpg

movies_harry_potter_deathly_hallows_voldemort.jpg

1.) Proof - Falcon powered by lightning, lightning power passed on to son!

2.) Can't see image :(

3.) Nimbus shoots lightning. Need I say more?

4.) Voldy can shoot lightning from his wand.

In all seriousness, it's almost definitely Cyrus Borg, although I don't see why that character is relevant anymore... It's someone we've seen before and someone Jay adores. He is an elderly (ish) man and he has a knack for technology (not that that has anything to do with genes, but the Hagenman bros probably want to draw as many similarities as possible). Pretty sure it's him (as much as I want Ronin)

I saw this one guy on Deviantart who said Cryptor is one of the prisoners in Kryptarium. I rewatched that part, and to my surprise the nindroid fighting Zane had the same grunts as Cryptor!

It would also make sense because Zane says to him "I'm not an outdated relic anymore". Why would he say that to a regular nindroid, when it was Cryptor who beat him like 3 times?

And did anyone else see how Zane "beat him"? He flipped him over by his leg and he goes off screen. What I think actually happened is that Cryptor himself did most of the flipping if you look closely. He flipped away.

Zane is apparently going to Kryptarium prison in the 2nd or 3rd episode this season. Fingers crossed he appears.

And yes, I probably should have

Ooh! You missed an even better opportunity!

It could have been Palpatine! :roflmao:

Edited by gamejutzu

I doubt that would have any effect. In the real world it probably would, but I doubt it would matter in the show.

As far as I know, paralysis below the waist doesn't prevent someone from having children even in the real world.

Edited by DraikNova

As far as I know, paralysis below the waist doesn't prevent someone from having children even in the real world.

I did some research and it's mostly common in those paralyzed below the waist, but, of course like with anything, there are a few exceptions. This isn't the time to go into detail though, and in the event that it were touched upon in the show, it might confuse children who might see themselves, or know someone having this type of impairment. In all honesty that would be the dealbreaker if such a story was even thought of being told.

That's why I find Ronin as the premier choice. He has no defining backstory. Certain physical features (yes they are limited) add up (even more so than Kai, should I mention), and they haven't touched on whether or not Ronin was the one who built R.E.X. or not (meaning that he's an inventor). He's also just as talkative, but, all in all, it's just speculation.

That's why I find Ronin as the premier choice. He has no defining backstory. Certain physical features (yes they are limited) add up (even more so than Kai, should I mention), and they haven't touched on whether or not Ronin was the one who built R.E.X. or not (meaning that he's an inventor). He's also just as talkative, but, all in all, it's just speculation.

Huh. Makes sense, except for this quote: "We have seen Jay's father before. Jay loves him." Does Jay really "love" Ronin? I'm leaning towards Borg, but I have no clue why he would be chosen as he's relatively unimportant.

Huh. Makes sense, except for this quote: "We have seen Jay's father before. Jay loves him." Does Jay really "love" Ronin?

That's why I'm pointing out that they are saying that Jay "loves" him. It's in the present tense as if they are letting us know something, as opposed to reminding us. For all we know, Ronin is his daddy, and because of all of the cool "anti-samurai" stuff he's done, Jay loves him because of how awesome he is.

I still can't get past that Ronin's colors work well with the Pirates. I wonder if that's deliberate...

I have had the same suspicion with Ronin's possible involvement with these pirates, like say maybe he used to be a member of their crew or something. It's not like he holds much in the way of backstory at the moment.

I saw this one guy on Deviantart who said Cryptor is one of the prisoners in Kryptarium. I rewatched that part, and to my surprise the nindroid fighting Zane had the same grunts as Cryptor!

It would also make sense because Zane says to him "I'm not an outdated relic anymore". Why would he say that to a regular nindroid, when it was Cryptor who beat him like 3 times?

And did anyone else see how Zane "beat him"? He flipped him over by his leg and he goes off screen. What I think actually happened is that Cryptor himself did most of the flipping if you look closely. He flipped away.

Zane is apparently going to Kryptarium prison in the 2nd or 3rd episode this season. Fingers crossed he appears

While this is a cool theory, I seem to remember Cryptor exploding at the end of season 3. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Wall E2624

I seem to remember Cryptor exploding at the end of season. I could be wrong though.

Yes, Cryptor and Mindroid appeared to have exploded while Mindroid beat up Cryptor. BUUT..

1. He is the only nindroid to teleport. The others have camo tech, it's not the same. He could have just escaped and was eventually taken down, maybe by Ronin.

2. Remember Zane? Who exploded? He's back. Why not Cryptor? Yes, Zane died around Borg Tower, but Cryptor, if he died, may have also rebuilt himself. There are tons of other possibilities, like

• He went rogue then was captured.
  • Was immediately taken to prison.
  • He denied being reduced to a mere security droid and would rather be in prison, then to have himself saved by Borg.

Also note that at the time, Cryptor's tech was superior to Zane's, now they are at least even.

I REALLY want him to be in the next season, one of the only chances left. At least Mindroid, y'now? You can't just kill off 2 recurring characters, especially 2 that have such an awesome dynamic.

Also, notice the skill level of the 2 nindroids that attacked Zane. One lasted pretty well against Zane (for Ninjago goon standards), the other was beaten in less than a second.

And the nindroid that attacked first ran straight for Zane, not all slow like the other prisoners. He wanted Zane, apparently beating him twice wasn't good enough.

Edited by gamejutzu

Guys, we all know who Jay loves the most: Nya. So clearly, Nya is Jay's dad. And because incest tends to sink most ships, we can probably assume Cole is Jay's mom. They're time travelers. I can't see a single thing wrong with this theory. :tongue:

Guys, remember: We haven't seen the elemental master of lightning in Garmadon's flashback. There was fire, earth, and water. But no lightning. So what happened?

Was the master somewhere else?

What I think could happen is that Jay is actually a member of the royal pirate line, which may be why they are going easy on him and stomping everyone else.

If his father isn't an elemental master, than his mother must be.

But we don't know who's who! We didn't see any elemental master anywhere.

What I think could happen is that Jay is actually a member of the royal pirate line, which may be why they are going easy on him and stomping everyone else.

What's the Royal Pirate Line? I've seen every episode of Ninjago and I know for a fact that no such thing exists in the show...

And how do we know the Pirates are going easy? Have you seen the Skybound Season already?

Have you seen the Skybound Season already?

YES!!!! :devil_laugh:

No

What's the Royal Pirate Line? I've seen every episode of Ninjago and I know for a fact that no such thing exists in the show...

I meant that he belongs to a family of pirates, could be a possibility, as we've never seen his mom and his dad wasn't present during the Serpentine War.

I just hope they will not make the moment where Ed tells Jay " I am NOT your father" and Jay will be like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Oh, come on people...it's a LEGO show. We're overthinking this.

• No, Skylor is NOT an assassin, and never was. No such thing exists in the World of Ninjago, where people aren't killed by sword. Just look at episode 10 where Garmadon pushes Serpentine into the lava-they survive! Combat is basically beat them up and scare them away. There are no snipers who shoot people in the head or people who jump behind enemies and slit their throat.
  • Another retcon with the family of a Ninja? Wonderful. But...is that even confirmed? All we heard was a vague hint that perhaps Jay's last name isn't Walker. Maybe he changes it on the run so no one recognizes him. Or maybe we're just being toyed with?
  • Assuming Jay's "real" parents are someone else, that genuinely undermines the characters of Ed and Edna, who many kids have viewed as Jay's parents for four years now.
  • Cole and Nya being the parents of Jay is probably the worst joke theory I've heard in the history of Ninjago. I wouldn't be surprised though; I hear Wu has a thing for former sisters-in-law. :tongue:
  • How does Cyrus Borg being in a wheelchair keep him from being Jay's dad? He could have been lying about being disabled all his life.

Also, sex does not exist in LEGO themes. Characters have no genitalia. It wouldn't really make a difference if Cyrus was paralyzed down there. There's a reason why Emmet got away with running out the door completely naked in The LEGO Movie and the movie was still rated PG.

EDIT: I heard a theory about half an hour ago that perhaps Skylor references Kai in season five- "A friend who shows up late is still better than a friend who never appears at all." I'm looking for where it was posted (Was it posted here? I'm half asleep!), but I can really relate to this in my personal life. :tongue:

Edited by Starrocks923

No, Skylor is NOT an assassin

Well, she wasn't a ninja before the team came along. Think about it:

She lived with Chen, and his soilders.

She just happened to have a suit with a hood lying around.

She uses a flipping crossbow. What else could she be? Definitely not a ninja. She did not follow the way of the ninja before.

Also, sex does not exist in LEGO themes. Characters have no genitalia. It wouldn't really make a difference if Cyrus was paralyzed down there. There's a reason why Emmet got away with running out the door completely naked in The LEGO Movie and the movie was still rated PG.

Ninjago isn't completely Lego, you know. Only thing really is the characters. Why do you think there's no Lego, well, anywhere?

When Jay fights Bolobo (his pizza delivery boss lol), he removes his bath towel, and the camera refuses to pan down below Jay's torso.

Jay was also hit in his lower area twice, and took notice of it.

Skylor references Kai in season six- "A friend who shows up late is still better than a friend who never appears at all".

Reference to when Skylor will show up in the Skybound season?

Edited by gamejutzu

Has anyone here pointed out that skylor could be the new

Samurai X?

We know we're getting a samurai x set during next summer. Either we're getting a new samurai or nya goes back.

Edited by amazingbricks

Has anyone here pointed out that Skylor could be the new

Samurai X?

We know we're getting a samurai x set during next summer. Either we're getting a new samurai or Nya goes back.

In that case, it's either Ronin or Skylor then.

Ronin could wear his game armor (even though he may have that in the mech set), but if it's Skylor, than I can't really see the crossbow-slinging, hoverboarding, (recent) ninja wearing heavy armor. It would have to be light.

We already have one coincidence between Skylor and Skybound (never dropping that one), but is it also a coincidence that

She wears orange as well as the pirates?

Edited by gamejutzu

I wouldn't be surprised though; I hear Wu has a thing for former sisters-in-law. :tongue:

Thanks for permanently tainting my view of Wu and Misako.

Well, she wasn't a ninja before the team came along.

She still isn't.

Has anyone here pointed out that skylor could be the new

Samurai X?

NO.