Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

I'm finding it odd that they keep saying 'Season Finale' and not 'Series Finale'...

-Sci

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that,weird though.

Can I also point out, in episode 25, that

Lloyd says to Sensei "you saw me, I couldn't do it" (or something along those lines) about blasting Garmadon in episode 24 but Sensei was the only one who wasn't there? :wacko:

And then the islands collided and they were dragged into a continuity vortex along with the rest of the universe as the fabric of space and time was torn. :tongue:

I thought

Sensei was there?

Incidentally, I think it's nice that they finally let her use the psychic powers mentioned so long ago.

Edited by DraikNova

Can I also point out, in episode 25, that

Lloyd says to Sensei "you saw me, I couldn't do it" (or something along those lines) about blasting Garmadon in episode 24 but Sensei was the only one who wasn't there? :wacko:

:laugh: Good point! Perhaps he was there... in spirit? :tongue:

I'm finding it odd that they keep saying 'Season Finale' and not 'Series Finale'...

-Sci

You know, they always do things like that.

They want to leave the theme opened in case they want to continue it on some later date.

For example, Atlantis, Pharoahs Quest, etc.

It´s always like that. Although that last episode really closed off most of the chance for a continuation or a sequel.

Another thing I noticed is that on Jay Vincent's website, it's referred to as the Season Finale too. Not saying that the series isn't over, it's just a strange approach in my opinion.

... Not saying that the series isn't over, it's just a strange approach in my opinion.

Same here.

What I meant was that they left it open enough so that thry might possibly do something with it in the future, not that they will.

It would be nice though...

I just noticed while watching the first TMNT 2012 that the Ninjago and TMNT 2012 have pretty much the same characters. I don't really know TMNT that well but so far I guess

Sensei Wu - Splinter

Garmadon - Shredder

Nya - April

Jay - Donatello

Kai - Leonardo

Zane - not really Raphael?

Cole - Michaelangelo

I wonder to what degree they are modelled on each other? Eg Ninjago modelled on the original TMNT and then TMNT 2012 picking up on Ninjago?

:classic:

I just noticed while watching the first TMNT 2012 that the Ninjago and TMNT 2012 have pretty much the same characters. I don't really know TMNT that well but so far I guess

Sensei Wu - Splinter

Garmadon - Shredder

Nya - April

Jay - Donatello

Kai - Leonardo

Zane - not really Raphael?

Cole - Michaelangelo

I wonder to what degree they are modelled on each other? Eg Ninjago modelled on the original TMNT and then TMNT 2012 picking up on Ninjago?

:classic:

From my understanding, Ninjago was kind of made to be a love letter to all of the 80's cartoons with the Lego spin on it. There's many allusions to other series's like Power Rangers and Chima seems to be going the Thundercats route, so I think it's intentional. That's what I get out of it, anyway. :grin:

Just saw the series finale, and it was amazing!

Though, I thought it was odd how open-ended they left it, as it was implied that the Overlord was still alive. Unless he's immortal and couldn't be destroyed by Lloyd, but it's still odd since they had no problem with killing off Pythor.

Edited by Speedza-Demon

Though, I thought it was odd how open-ended they left it, as it was implied that the Overlord was still alive. Unless he's immortal and couldn't be destroyed by Lloyd, but it's still odd since they had no problem with killing off Pythor.

It seemed to me kind of like they were a bit fuzzy about the whole ending.

Really, I liked the last episode better than this one, mainly because there was no reference to Lord Garmadon like in the last one. The overlord changing from himself to Garmadon and back was epic - and I never use that word! :grin: This time, sure, it was an awesome fight on a scyscraper, but... IDK. It just seemed to lack that different something that had characterised Ninjago.

Anyway, speaking of the next episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvqDfXn6Crs

Someone suggested that LEGO might be leaving it open for a possible reopining in the future (I mean, way in the future...)

Edited by Kai NRG

Just saw the series finale, and it was amazing!

Yeah, it was nice, and the part about the Overlord WAS very confusing.

They could have done better on that part.

That is, at first it seemed like he was only banished again, or something, but then it seemed as if he might actually have been destroyed.

Whichever way, I would have preffered a more spesific ending.

And, at least the Overlord said Lloyd could not destroy him, but Lloyd said "Unless my light is bright enough." So the real question is, was it?

By the way the Ninja talked, it only makes it more confusing.

I think it makes perfect sense to suggest the Overlord might return. It is often suggested that the very reason he exists is to balance out the good in the world, especially the good embodied by the First Spinjitzu Master. Thus as long as there is good in the world, evil will emerge to fill the void.

Plus, I always think any ending to an adventure story should leave open the possibility for future adventures. Perhaps there are many stories like The Hobbit where the protagonist wants nothing more than to be done with adventuring, but an ending becomes all the more bittersweet if it suggests that the excitement that characterized the story is over as soon as the heroes complete their quest.

I think it makes perfect sense to suggest the Overlord might return. It is often suggested that the very reason he exists is to balance out the good in the world, especially the good embodied by the First Spinjitzu Master. Thus as long as there is good in the world, evil will emerge to fill the void.

Plus, I always think any ending to an adventure story should leave open the possibility for future adventures. Perhaps there are many stories like The Hobbit where the protagonist wants nothing more than to be done with adventuring, but an ending becomes all the more bittersweet if it suggests that the excitement that characterized the story is over as soon as the heroes complete their quest.

Well, first, I niether like nor agree with their "evil has to exist so good can", and, if you ask me, non of the ninjago carachters seem to really believe it either. After all, if it istrue, there's no point even trying to defeat the bad guys. Also, like I said before, when the Overlord says that there will always be evil in the world, Lloyd says that it wouldn't be so if his light was brght enough, clearly implying that good can exsist by itself.

But I do agree about them leaving the theme opened, I'm just saying it would have been nice to knnow more precisly if the Overlord was destoryed or not.

And they could easily leave it open without the Overlord, in my opinion, otherwise the whole theme ends a lot like how it started, except for Garmadon and his family being good instead of either bad or pretty much non-existing.

I just had a moment of Fridge Brilliance regarding the name of the series. What if instead of the four ninja, the subtitle "Masters of Spinjitzu" refers to the First Spinjitzu Master, and Lloyd, who becomes the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master and masters his fighting style? It's a neat theory.

Well, first, I niether like nor agree with their "evil has to exist so good can", and, if you ask me, non of the ninjago carachters seem to really believe it either. After all, if it istrue, there's no point even trying to defeat the bad guys. Also, like I said before, when the Overlord says that there will always be evil in the world, Lloyd says that it wouldn't be so if his light was brght enough, clearly implying that good can exsist by itself.

But I do agree about them leaving the theme opened, I'm just saying it would have been nice to knnow more precisly if the Overlord was destoryed or not.

And they could easily leave it open without the Overlord, in my opinion, otherwise the whole theme ends a lot like how it started, except for Garmadon and his family being good instead of either bad or pretty much non-existing.

Why is good not worth fighting for just because evil will always exist? That would be like arguing against charity for the poor because poverty will always exist. Just because the fight between good and evil might never be over for good doesn't mean that it is no longer worth the effort to overcome it when it does arise.

Anyway, it's not as though the ending heavily implied that the Overlord would come back, but the Ninja aren't foolish enough to assume he's gone for good. They recognize that they always have to remain prepared for threats to the peace of Ninjago, and the possible return of the Overlord is just one possibility they aten't willing to discount.

Overall, even if the Overlord might return, this victory was far from insignificant. The Overlord's return was, after all, precipitated by factors he had put in place long, long ago, since he was perhaps directly and perhaps indirectly with Lord Garmadon's start of darkness, depending on how closely the Devourer's actions were tied to his will. It will take years and years for him to turn the balance back to his favor, if he even has the strength and forethought to do so at all.

Why is good not worth fighting for just because evil will always exist? That would be like arguing against charity for the poor because poverty will always exist. Just because the fight between good and evil might never be over for good doesn't mean that it is no longer worth the effort to overcome it when it does arise.

Anyway, it's not as though the ending heavily implied that the Overlord would come back, but the Ninja aren't foolish enough to assume he's gone for good. They recognize that they always have to remain prepared for threats to the peace of Ninjago, and the possible return of the Overlord is just one possibility they aten't willing to discount.

Overall, even if the Overlord might return, this victory was far from insignificant. The Overlord's return was, after all, precipitated by factors he had put in place long, long ago, since he was perhaps directly and perhaps indirectly with Lord Garmadon's start of darkness, depending on how closely the Devourer's actions were tied to his will. It will take years and years for him to turn the balance back to his favor, if he even has the strength and forethought to do so at all.

I did'nt say (or mean) that good wasn't worth fighting for, just that if it will always exsist, well, you can never defeat it for good, which, after all, is their final goal. No?

Besides, as I said, I don't agree with them in that part. And obviously I know that the battle was significant: If it wasn't, it wouldn't be the end of the season.

And, ok, the Ninja did'nt ever say the Overlord was destroyed, but what kind of ending would it be if he wasn't?

Besides, as I said before, Lego can easily have another season (if they wanted to) with out the Overlord.

Kinda what I thought Aanchir. And I think having his body destroyed for the second time will at the very least severely muddle his mind. Incidentally, how was he originally transformed from his dragon-form to the "spirit" seen in the show?

Edited by DraikNova

Kinda what I thought Aanchir. And I think having his body destroyed for the second time will at the very least severely muddle his mind. Incidentally, how was he originally transformed from his dragon-form to the "spirit" seen in the show?

There was no second time,if I remember correctly "The Final Battle"was never finished because The First Spinjitzu Master broke Ninjago in two,leaving for Lloyd and the ninja to finish it up(destiny).

I would like to think that in order for the dragon to exist he needs the dark matter taken over a mass site or land to get powered up,and once he was left on the Island there was no/or a lot of dark matter and his dragon form slowly went down back to his spirit form,but IDK.

You know, someone in the Chima topic mentioned the idea of the Ninjago characters "crossing over" into Chima for a cameo or two. While I doubt it would happen to Chima (Chima seems too "isolated" for that), it would be really nice to see the Ninjago characters make appearances in other themes at a later time--after all, the Clutch Powers reference was cool and was a nice nod to the past (I, for one, wish he'd been more popular, it would have been a great way to promote cross-theme fanship, after all).

Also, now that the series is over, is anyone ready to discuss things that annoyed them? I, for one, got rather annoyed after a while about how slow and "sticky" the fighting got, especially in the very end. By "sticky," I mean there was never really enough knockback to the ninja's attacks, it made them seem really weak and powerless--the enemies' feet seemed "stuck" to the ground. While that made sense while the ninja were de-powered by the loss of their Golden Weapons, once they got the elemental blades, I feel they should have gotten at least some of that back--and the Stone Army also got a lot less threatening at the same time when their attacks no longer tossed the Ninja around like popcorn. IMO, a ninja's fighting style revolves around lots of swift, dynamic movement--and for such dynamic characters, the Ninja sure seemed to stand in one spot a lot in fights.