commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

11 hours ago, Artanis I said:

And I didn't like how pretty much everyone survived not just the episode, but the whole OT. The end summary was rather bizarre. Everything should've just led up to Rogue One and resolved to that point

Thats what I think to. Before season 4 started there were many statements of Filoni and the voicecast, that the last episodes could show us the crew in the battle of Scarif and how they survived it, but Filoni is also known for his dubious comments and answers so it was pretty much a given, that that would not happen. Wishful thinking on my side, probably.

Before I saw the episodes about the temple on Lothal I tought, that Ezra would be stuck in that "inbetween" force space (which would leave the rebelion without its last force-user) while the other members of the ghost crew would run of Lothal and gather over Scariff and then two episodes about how they have a space battle over Scarif (because I just love them, thats why) before they flee back to Yavin and end. And no spacewhales, thank you verry much. 

Edited by Daimar

I've been rewatching some clips and its truly the most fitting finale Rebels could have.

Some really high, incredible moments in a majority of meh moments to WTF?

The scene that epitomizes this most to me are the royal guards suspending Ezra with their force sticks for elite stormtroopers, Thrawn's very best, to rush in and not hit a static target, then Ezra eliminates the Emperor's most elite bodyguards in seconds.

True awesomeness that descends into pure stupidity. 

~

I would be fine with the space whales if the Empire killed some of them and they were damaged by scraping their heads and bodies alongside the hull.

If there was some tension the whales may actually fail. 

If the whales were hurt but kept pressing forward.

But there wasn't.

The whales, organic beings, that have been killed fairly easily for millennia, millennia, with no damage to themselves, swept the most powerful ships in the galaxy. 

Show me scars. 

Show me wounds.

Show me some sacrifice.

Show me that these are organic creatures, that while tough are still mortal.

That's enticing drama. 

If they suffered but kept going shows me the deep connection in the force between them and Ezra. The deep love they feel for Ezra.

Details like this go a long way, its what I learned in film school.

We didn't get any of that.

The line Hondo gave "For that boy, I would do anything" is what this finale was. But it didn't mean anything because none of our characters suffered at all.

Its not a matter of death, but no one got scars or serious injuries. 

That's my fundamental problem with Rebels.

Adventure Time, Regular Show, and many other contemporary kid shows of Rebels, handles struggle both physical and mental so much better in a way that kids need to see as they develop and that adults can appreciate. 

Edited by Forresto

There’s a rumour going around on a few sites that a Rebels Sequel Series is going to start streaming in November. If it’s true I’d be up for that given the cliffhanger at the end of Rebels. 

On 2/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, Tariq j said:

There’s a rumour going around on a few sites that a Rebels Sequel Series is going to start streaming in November. If it’s true I’d be up for that given the cliffhanger at the end of Rebels. 

The rumor started popping up on January 3rd. I assume that one website started it and others jumped on the bandwagon.

The rumor say that the new series will focus on Ahsoka and Sabine and their quest to find Ezra.

The rumor isn't new, though. Initially, it popped up in August 2018 after Dave Filoni shared his thoughts about the fates of Ahsoka and Sabine.

Both "TCW" and "Resistance" end this year, so officially, Disney has no animated Star Wars series in development. That seems a bit odd to me. Additionally, we don't know what Dave Filoni is currently working at. I highly doubt that his involvement in "The Mandalorian" absorbs all of his time and creative power. So I'd say that it is very likely that a new animated series is in development, and I'd say that Filoni's involvement is very likely as well. After all, "TCW" was a success, and that's what Disney needs. And given Ahsoka's popularity among fans, the fact that she's female, the fact that "TCW: Season 7" will introduce her as a main character to a new Disney+ audience, I'd say that a new animated series directed by Dave Filoni focussing on Ahsoka's adventures during and/or after the galactic civil war is not exactly the unlikeliest thing to happen.

Edited by Brickadeer

Well I am board with a continued tale of Rebels. I enjoyed the show for what it was for the most part but also because I need Zeb in minifig form! I missed the first run of him and I am not wiling to pay after market prices for him. So yes, I am being totally selfish and unrealistic! But I gotta have hope! LEGO give me the Zeb!