ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

Since the invention of Bricklink, we have a way to find some rather unique and strange pieces. One source that may have been unavailable to us previously are 'Fabuland' pieces, or pieces that would have been in the 'Belville' line.

Since I have spotted a couple of pieces out there, and a few system builders have been using them in their MOCs, I thought I would find out if there were any pieces out there anyone has found particularly useful!

Here are just a few I know of...

1. Belville Bucket.

70973c01.gif

I have seen it used as a bell (by me) and as the end of a cannon or deck gun. The piece is quite useful for things that require a 'flared' end!

pic_0309.jpg_thumb.jpg

wip09.jpg_thumb.jpg

2. The Fabuland Oar eventually ended up evolving to a slightly different oar like the one in the Viking Sets, but it originally looked like this...

4794a.gif

Then we got this one in various colors in the Belville sets.

4794b.gif

It is avaibalable in some odd colors like lime green and yellow. When it made it to the system level, we got them in brown and black as well!

3. The Fabuland roof. This guy was recently featured in Phes's MOC.

789.gif

front1.jpg_thumb.jpg

4. Fabuland and Belville also have a slightly larger rowboat...

4793.gif

I haven't used one, but it could be useful!

I don't want people to just mention every Belville piece out there, we could search Bricklink for those ourselves, what I am hoping for is some suggestions on how these pieces are being used in our Pirate MOCs, or piece we know could be useful!

2. The Fabuland Oar eventually ended up evolving to a slightly different oar like the one in the Viking Sets, but it originally looked like this...

4794a.gif

Then we got this one in various colors in the Belville sets.

4794b.gif

It is avaibalable in some odd colors like lime green and yellow. When it made it to the system level, we got them in brown and black as well!

When did they make it to SYSTEM level? Was that only in Viking sets because this is the oar that was commonly used in SYSTEM sets:

2542.1067700642.jpg

I think the Fabuland oars are too big for SYSTEM mini-figures...

The boat was rereleased in 4Juniors 7072: Captain Kragg's Pirate Boat

B00027YFWA.02._AA256_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I bought two of them because I have high hopes in mocing something interesting from them. I would have prefered brown but black is my second favorite.

When did they make it to SYSTEM level? Was that only in Viking sets because this is the oar that was commonly used in SYSTEM sets:

2542.1067700642.jpg

I think the Fabuland oars are too big for SYSTEM mini-figures...

They were also used in the Emperors ship, from the Orient expedition line.

And Zcerberus also made a great use of these on his lovely ship, the Sienna:

final3.jpg

Another useful Fabuland piece I think is this "flask":

x233.jpg

Yes, that mask appeared in some of the 4+ pirate sets but I've seen it used in SYSTEM scaled Pirate MOCs and I think it works quite well.

Now there's an ornate arch used in some Belville sets that I can't find a picture of on Peeron, but I own a couple. I haven't found a use for them yet but they would be good for something noble like a Governor or Baron's house.

They were also used in the Emperors ship, from the Orient expedition line.

And Zcerberus also made a great use of these on his lovely ship, the Sienna:

final3.jpg

Correct sir! In fact, I think the Emperor's ship is the only way to get old brown ones!

Duke used the smaller version in his Xebec, and I think the larger ones on the Sienna worked out a little better than the smaller ones on his ship.

The boat was rereleased in 4Juniors 7072: Captain Kragg's Pirate Boat

I bought two of them because I have high hopes in mocing something interesting from them. I would have prefered brown but black is my second favorite.

Yes, this is a good piece! It looks like there are several useful pieces there, but I think some of them are already very system-y. That boat could be useful!

Does this hull piece come in brown?

4793.gif

Obviously I could look for myself but that would be too easy X-D

No it does not!

No it does not!

That's a shame because I agree that the brown looks better.

But it does come in black

Surprisingly Mr Tiber I actually noticed this about 2 and a half years ago when Captain Krag's boat was released. :-P

That's a shame because I agree that the brown looks better.

Surprisingly Mr Tiber I actually noticed this about 2 and a half years ago when Captain Krag's boat was released. :-P

2 and a half years already? Man... time flies!

I found recently found a picture of a MOC with the big boats put to a use:

dscn1136.jpg

How do you like it? I myself don't like it that much...

I don't like the colour at all, but perhaps it would work if the hull pieces were brown. But another angle might help things, so I'd be curious to see what it looks side on.

But it does come in black:

Actually I don't think those pieces are quite the same. The 4 juniors one might be slightly different...

I see after a quick trip down the forums that this boat has been used as an ordinary long boat as well on one of Kurt (Lego Naval Architect)

dsc00958.jpg

This looks like the part, correct?

Actually I don't think those pieces are quite the same. The 4 juniors one might be slightly different...

I see after a quick trip down the forums that this boat has been used as an ordinary long boat as well on one of Kurt (Lego Naval Architect)

dsc00958.jpg

This looks like the part, correct?

That little boat looks very good. Never thought of buying one before I saw this topic...

That little boat looks very good. Never thought of buying one before I saw this topic...

I found out something else ya'll should like...

THERE IS A BROWN ONE OUT THERE TOO!!!

from this set! Amazon Ancient Ruins!

5986-1.gif5986-1.jpg

Here is the bricklink pic!

33129.gif

Description: Boat, 18 x 8 x 2 1/3 with Oarlocks

Mhhh, I see that boat can be put to a very good use! Time to bricklink!

5986-1.gif5986-1.jpg

33129.gif

Great find Mr Z! Do you happen to know the average price of a single boat?

33129.gif

This exciting! They actually exist!

Mhhh, I see that boat can be put to a very good use! Time to bricklink!

Great find Mr Z! Do you happen to know the average price of a single boat?

BrickLink might if Mr ZCerberus doesn't!

The black ones are around 4.00 USD. I don't know what that tells you about where you live! Yes, Bricklink would give you a better idea than I could!

Another useful Fabuland piece I think is this "flask":

x233.jpg

Wow *wub* 8-o *wub*

A flask. I'm in love.

But it does come in black:

I think i may have to get me one of them. I'm trying to make a brick built version and it ain't working out.

Thanx guys,

P

5986-1.gif5986-1.jpg

33129.gif

launch_1.jpg

I know.

kurt

I have those ruins! *sweet*

Never thought of using that big boat as a rowing boat for my pirates/soldiers, I'm sure one can fit lots more minifigs in there than in a small average rowing boat!

The black ones are around 4.00 USD. I don't know what that tells you about where you live! Yes, Bricklink would give you a better idea than I could!

There's only one new brown one available on bricklink, and it costs 10.00 USD, used brown 4.00 USD

and used black boats minimum price is 1 USD and maximum 2.50 USD

New black boats minimum 3.35 USD and maximum 5.00 USD

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

The Fabuland rowboat is actually different from the Bellville one. It's a little less deep and is more rounded.

The Bellville boat is the one that has come in more reasonable colors in System sets.

2 and a half years already? Man... time flies!

I found recently found a picture of a MOC with the big boats put to a use:

dscn1136.jpg

How do you like it? I myself don't like it that much...

This MOC is mine. It was created in about 5 minutes at BrickFest 2000 when we discovered that we needed a few more ships for Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. It was made from available parts at the time (fortunately I had loaded up an SUV with several boxes of parts and such). I actually made two of them.

With a bit more work, this idea could be turned into a decent ship, though it looks a little funny with the rounded stern.

Frank

The Fabuland rowboat is actually different from the Bellville one. It's a little less deep and is more rounded.

Really? I never knew that...

The Bellville boat is the one that has come in more reasonable colors in System sets.

This MOC is mine. It was created in about 5 minutes at BrickFest 2000 when we discovered that we needed a few more ships for Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. It was made from available parts at the time (fortunately I had loaded up an SUV with several boxes of parts and such). I actually made two of them.

With a bit more work, this idea could be turned into a decent ship, though it looks a little funny with the rounded stern.

Frank

Hi there Frank! Do you still have this MOC? Because I have some ideas that might make it look like a decent cutter/longboat.

1. Get rid of those white boats, take brown or black ones.

2. Change the colours of the bricks below the masts and of the plate at the stern.

3. Put fences on the plate.

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber