Izzy

LEGO in Film & TV: Index of Appearances

Watching a new episode of TLC's (The Life Channel) series Sand Master's. It features Legoland California's opening of Starwars miniland with a neat sand sculpture dedicated to our favorite pieces of plastic :classic:

I just watched an episode of the Sarah Conner Chronicals. John Henry (a reprogramed cyborg) is playing with Bionicals as he is trying to learn using his imagination.

D

In an episode of Friends, you can see the Toa Kaita Wairuhi (the combined form of Lewa, Gali & Kopaka) in Joey and Chandler's apartment, on top of the microwave(?).

Bluebeard, out-

If i'm not mistaken there is a scene in Date Night( a comedy film with Steve Carell ) where a kid is playing with LEGO castle :)

I just caught this but I didn't get a picture of it or specific episode of it. On "Who wants to be a Millionare" one question was "At over 5,900 pieces, the largest-ever LEGO set" or something like that since I was surfing channel and barely caught it. The answers were: A: Eiffel Tower, B: Taj Mahal, C: White House, and D: Kremlin. The woman initially thought B but guessed A instead and lost.

If someone could figure out which episode that was and get the correct question, then it can be added to the index.

Edited by Lego Otaku

While not necessarily a TV appearance, I think this is definitely worth mentioning here:

In a recent One Piece colourspread, the Strawhat pirates are playing with LEGO bricks, as shown below.

one-piece-2424295.jpg

BEST. CROSSOVER. EVER. PERIOD.

Bluebeard, out-

Not sure if anyone said it or not, but there is a Syfy commercial in which sculptures made out of lego (Or some similar building toy, or perhaps computer generated) build themselves up from the ground and move around.

Just saw this one the other day. LEGO shows up in the 4th episode, titled "Transitions," of the 5th season of HBO's series The Wire. There's a scene where Detective Kima Greggs is spending some time with her son Elijah. She dumps out a bucket of LEGO and the two of them start building a house for one of his action figures.

I don't have a link to a video, but here's a summary from Television Without Pity that mentions the scene.

I can't find the clip at the moment, but there is a scene in The Emperor's New Clones in which Palpatine is seen building a LEGO TIE fighter.

Also, not exactly LEGO, but...

LEGO print clothing:

Giant LEGO-like structures:

Just saw a preview for a new movie - Tower Heist. In it they use LEGO to build a model of their intended crime. Here's an article with a still:

http://www.movieline.com/2011/01/help-movieline-caption-these-befuddling-stills-from-tower-heist-the-help-and-abduction.php

Here's the link: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/towerheist/ (It's Preview 2.)

Lego didn't make an appearance but, in "American Dad", Stan Smith tell's his son Steve to "go upstairs, find his nads, probably in his Lego tub, then go back to that store and get the right size [t-shirt]." I thought it was pretty funny default_classic.gif

I was watching 'The Big Bang Theory' tonight, they where mentioning Lego. :laugh:

I have seen that exact same phone from Cattle Call in real life, and it is made of some clone brand, not LEGO.

Also, one episode of Robot Chicken not mentioned is a courtroom made of LEGO where the defendant is a teacher accused of teaching Creationism in his class, and he says something along the lines of,"Isn't it logical to say that some higher power assembled us? (or built, or put together, I don't remember)". Everyone else in the courtroom then started booing.

Edited by Sid Sidious

The title of the song suggests there might be LEGO within, and indeed Rupert Grint (surprisingly) plays with both the Helicopter from 5866 Rotor Rescue, and what looks like to me the Country Cottage from 5771 Hillside House.

The title of the song suggests there might be LEGO within, and indeed Rupert Grint (surprisingly) plays with both the Helicopter from 5866 Rotor Rescue, and what looks like to me the Country Cottage from 5771 Hillside House.

At first I was amazed how it resembles Ron from HP :laugh:

Family Guy - April in Quahog (season 8 episode 16)

Peter asks stewie how's legoland going.

Peter - So, Stewie, how's everything goin' in Lego Land?

Stewie - Oh, pretty good. I made a spaceship... Wait a minute, I'm not talkin' to you.

Edited by The Yellow Brick

Yea! I, too also have a new movie to add. I just watched a new movie in town, called Tower Heist, mainly acted by Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy. In a particular "plan" scene, there is a quick look of a room layout designed in LEGO bricks. Of course, the built was kiddish but it was real funny to see LEGO unexpectedly.

Just saw a preview for a new movie - Tower Heist. In it they use LEGO to build a model of their intended crime. Here's an article with a still:

http://www.movieline.com/2011/01/help-movieline-caption-these-befuddling-stills-from-tower-heist-the-help-and-abduction.php

Here's the link: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/towerheist/ (It's Preview 2.)

Opps! I also realised some of you guys also noticed it. :blush:

Here is the attached image,

towerheist575-thumb-575x382-27444.jpg

Just saw the Death Star, not sure which one, on "The Big Bang Theory" tonight. Sheldon was building it on his table. He even had pieces sorted in paper bowls!

Just saw the Death Star, not sure which one, on "The Big Bang Theory" tonight. Sheldon was building it on his table. He even had pieces sorted in paper bowls!

It was the first one, must have cost a fortune nowadays.

I'm surprised no Chuck fans have posted in here.

Chuck and Morgan are roommates/best friends, Chuck's a spy and they're both big time nerds working for Buy More's Nerd Herd. They have a lot of Star Wars toys and in Season 4 Episode 16, "Chuch verses the Masquerade" a bunch of Star Wars and Indiana Jones minfigures and small sets are seen for a couple seconds.

It was the first one, must have cost a fortune nowadays.

AT the end of the screen credits the completed Death Star was "featured"

Bill Prady (@BillPrady) tweeted after the show's East Coast airing that the "Lego Death Star was originally in Sheldon's mom ep. When we cut it, the staffers who built it nearly cried." He then added that it "took about a month of staffers using the odd free minute to assemble to 4/5 completion."

This episode's end titles has Chuck Lorre's Vanity Card #364, thanking the show staffers who built the Death Star model out of Lego pieces, followed by a picture of it.

Sheldon: Last night, I was strong-armed into an evening of harp music and spooning with an emotional Amy Farrah Fowler. This on a night that I had originally designated for solving the space-time geometry in higher-spin gravity and building my Lego Death Star. And why? Your gal pals, Penny and Bernadette went out shopping for some wedding nonsense without Amy, an action they took with no thought or regard as to how it would affect me, the future of string theory, or my lego fun time!

:laugh:

Edited by winbrant