Sign in to follow this  
AzMean

CITY Tow-Truck MOD

indexed.gif V-LC-09B

Hi there. Im new here.. haha... been reading this forum as a guest for very long but have only decided to sign up.

anyways...

I felt that the only thing missing in the CITY catalog is a Tow Truck. So i have decided to make my own Tow-Truck. I have combined the pieces from the Airport Firetruck & the Airport Mechanic (mostly), with a few smaller extra pieces from other CITY sets.

I personally dun like the red "bumpers". I ran out of other colors, so just used the red ones temporary. it will look nicer if its black or gray or just grilles.

img_0022-1.jpg

There are 2 cones that can be stored at the back. *these 2 cones are from the mobile crane set OR the Advent Calendar*

img_0023-1.jpg

A view from the other side.

img_0024-1.jpg

comments welcome! be gentle! :-D

Hi and welcome to EB! :-)

To make it short, I like it. It has a classic look, it fits with the current scale, it uses parts from existing sets and it's a straight-forward build without fancy SNOT technique except for the front. You also thought about the little "ramp" to support the front wheels of the towed car (at least that's what I'm guessing it is). I like the round transparent-white lights, too. Makes it not too modern looking.

I agree, the red doesn't fit in the front but I guessed it's just temporary. And maybe the back could be less yellow and more gray, but the design is ok.

*y*

Oh, yeah, doors would also be nice but that's a current design problem with City sets ;-)

Although I am not a fan of wide cars, this is good and it is nice to see a MOC made from the official sets. The use of the engine maintenace crane is great btw, suits it perfectly.

I hope you post more City MOCs in future!

Nice idea!

Good way to use up the extra parts from that airplane mechanic (I just wanted the Jet engine).

Somehow that guy's grin tho, and the way he's holding that screwdriver looks scary... :-D

Hi and welcome to EB! :-)

To make it short, I like it. It has a classic look, it fits with the current scale, it uses parts from existing sets and it's a straight-forward build without fancy SNOT technique except for the front. You also thought about the little "ramp" to support the front wheels of the towed car (at least that's what I'm guessing it is). I like the round transparent-white lights, too. Makes it not too modern looking.

I agree, the red doesn't fit in the front but I guessed it's just temporary. And maybe the back could be less yellow and more gray, but the design is ok.

*y*

Oh, yeah, doors would also be nice but that's a current design problem with City sets ;-)

heh.. thanks for the comments everyone. the back is not a ramp, hobbes. its the back gate/door, like the fire pick up. Heh.. i tried ur idea though, but i dun have much technic pieces to do dat. *wacko*