Sign in to follow this  
Good old Lego builder

Old Technic possibilities

Question to you all: I recently finished the fantastic Unimog set. My first technic set after my dark ages. Is it possible to create a 'look-a-like' mog, with classic technic, and then I mean for example the rear-suspension with differential and such. My technic stuff is mostly pre 1984....

This 'new' Technic has so many special elements and I haven't build 'classic' technic in such a long time, that I wonder how limited I'm with the old beams and stuff. I do have for example 8860, but suspension there is a bit different build.

I curious for your views.

Question to you all: I recently finished the fantastic Unimog set. My first technic set after my dark ages. Is it possible to create a 'look-a-like' mog, with classic technic, and then I mean for example the rear-suspension with differential and such. My technic stuff is mostly pre 1984....

This 'new' Technic has so many special elements and I haven't build 'classic' technic in such a long time, that I wonder how limited I'm with the old beams and stuff. I do have for example 8860, but suspension there is a bit different build.

I curious for your views.

@Good old Lego builder-

I kind of went backwards lately. I have mostly newer Technic, oldest I had was the 1998 Turbo Command I bought on clearance in 2000, but I really started getting an interested in some of the old Technic of the glory days...simpler, yet fun designs...

Edited by TechnicFreak