Hinckley

Expand the Winter Village Contest III

Hey can i turn in a drawn pic? I am SUPER POOR!!! But FILLED with ton of iMaGiNAtioN! hehe =D

The 4th Rule states: All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.

So it has to be a LEGO-built entry.

Hey can i turn in a drawn pic? I am SUPER POOR!!! But FILLED with ton of iMaGiNAtioN! hehe =D

Odd first post on EB.

Please don't spam up the contest topic like this and pay attention to your spelling. Thanks.

When you say that it should be "similar style" to existing WV sets, how similar does it have to be? Would the building have to be open in the back? Is a light brick required?

I've been working on a Winter Village-style MOC prior to this contest being announced, and since I'd like to show it off either way I thought about maybe submitting it for this contest because why not? But my building doesn't have an open back, nor does it use a light brick. It's otherwise very much in the same style and size as the WV sets though, so I'm just wondering how strict you are about that.

I don't think it needs a light brick. The open back would be nice. I think as long as it fits in, style wise, it'll do just fine. I'm not sure how we'd disqualify anything on that rule. It's mostly the concept. A space station would be inappropriate. It should look warm and villagey. I guess... :blush:

Thanks guys. Some of the previous year's entries look like they didn't have an open back (and light brick use doesn't seem too common?) so I think I'll be okay. Worst thing that happens is that I'm disqualified, but I don't think mine differs that much from past entries.

Damn.. There goes 6 month's work on my Winter Village Skylab.. Back to the drawing board.

:laugh: We'd love to see it anyway! :grin:

I was wondering... are there any prizes? I'm new here as you might notice... :)

Welcome! Here you go...

Prize Pool

TBA

So, there will be prizes ( :excited:), we just don't know what yet! :wink:

Excellent, I've got a nice little village kirk to post when I get round photographing it. :classic:

edit: There is a very similar creation to mine, so I'm uploading these pictures quickly so there is no doubt it's created independently! Better pictures to follow and the street scene.

It's a Winter Kirk for the village. It's got a detailed interior with pews and organ, the bell tower has gold cups in it serving as bells, and a bat! It's also hinged so that it can open into the configuration you see here or close up into a little chapel.

Full thread here, but the work is not quite done yet.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77008

Edited by HundredHander

You have to make your photos on flickr public, they are private right now (we can't see them). Then you can use the Image icon (with the tree) in the toolbar of the editor. You can also use flickr to creat the BBCode. Just click on "share" -> "grab the link" and choose BBCode. Please make sure that you use a link to an image that fits the image guidelines (see my signature for reference).

I think you are also encouraged to make an own thread for your creation. It may be worth it :classic:

And do not worry about copying. As long as you did not copy another MOC it will be all fine. There were other Winter Village churches before. :wink:

edit: your second picture is public, so I'll show you here. This is made using the flickr link grabber.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmcdiarmid/8265887725/][img=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8488/8265887725_0477001055.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmcdiarmid/8265887725/]Organ 1[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/jmcdiarmid/]HundredHander[/url], on Flickr

8265887725_0477001055.jpg

Organ 1 by HundredHander, on Flickr

Edited by PsyKater

You have to make your photos on flickr public, they are private right now (we can't see them). Then you can use the Image icon (with the tree) in the toolbar of the editor. You can also use flickr to creat the BBCode. Just click on "share" -> "grab the link" and choose BBCode. Please make sure that you use a link to an image that fits the image guidelines (see my signature for reference).

I think you are also encouraged to make an own thread for your creation. It may be worth it :classic:

Thanks very much, edited my original post now.

I'll create my own thread, but I don't quite have the pictures yet, need to tweak the street scene bit.

Please do not post any entries in this topic. It is for discussion only. Thank you.

• Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself

I assume that this also means that official LEGO decals will also be allowed for the sake of this contest, correct?

I assume that this also means that official LEGO decals will also be allowed for the sake of this contest, correct?

Correct.

Awesome prizes! Just waiting on a couple of BrickLink orders to add the finishing touches to my entry.

Amazing Prize pool! And by my count there will be 10 left open for raffle... :moar:

im new here and just want to buy "winter toy shop". my block is limited, but this contest is so much fun, don't care win or not. the more the merrier >,<

i have question here...

where i must put the picture of my entry winter village contest?

You can upload pictures of your entry to an imagine hosting service such as flickr. You then start a new thread in the Town forum (Winter Village: <name of your entry>), embedding the images. For more information, please see the tutorials linked in my signature. Good luck!

Are we allowed to edit pictures to make them brighter?

Yes. We do not, however, allow any graphic enhancements, like adding LEGO packaging, snowy backgrounds, etc...