Brickington

Ideas for changing the 9474 Battle of the Helms Deep

I recently bought the Battle of the Helms Deep and I want to change it into something piraty. I have other random castle bricks (for stone and etc.) to help with the change. I love redcoats and I kinda wanted to build something with them. And I also have Lego Soldiers Fort 6242 to help out with the moc. Any ideas would be appreciated. :bonaparte: Happy Eurobricking!

Wow.. that's the expensive one :wink:

I guess You didn't buy it just to turn it into Pirates? :wink:

Well, there's definitely a lot of bricks... but not much that could inspire... I'd say that this tower is an obvious material to create a nice lighthouse..

As for your walls... these could be turned into some kind of a fort...

Edited by Mazin

You wouldn't need to do much to "piratize" 9474 Battle of the Helms Deep except for replace the minifigures. Maybe add some tropical plants and pirate-themed creatures. :pir-classic:

6242 Soldiers Fort would be good for such accessories, but in terms of structure, the white bricks might be a bit limiting due to the colour contrast.

Well it basically depends on what kind of other materials do you have... there's not much to take out of this set... definitelly not the minifigures :wink:

Or perhaps it could serve as a huge vault for hidden treasure :look: Then Urukhais ( or whatever their names was ) could serve as some kind of creatures protecting it from the greedy ones...

I do agree. It is basically a fort already. Just add some pirate accessories and figs, and you got your set. Using the soldier's fort bricks you can add a nice dock and prison tower. I also like Mazin's idea of leaving the urukhai as native creatures the redcoats could fight.

Edited by Grimmbeard

Ok, I have pretty big table and I am going to get some blue base-plates for water. I am going to make a Diorama. I will transfer my soldier fort into something near the dock. And then with my Helm's Deep and other stone pieces, I will make either a huge fort or town. I will post it when I start!

I have yet to acquire the set, but I think one could modify Hornburg into a nice seaside fortress by turning the ramp that goes to the gates to curve the other way and build the seashore to go along its outer curve to the root of the walls. Then add some cannons on the battlements and a signal fire on the top of the tower (removing the down-facing horns altogether). And change the flags, of course.

On a second thought, one cannot change the curve of the ramp with the parts provided. In that case I might scrap the whole ramp and add some wooden docks instead.

I think that it would be nice to build up under the walls some rocks. this would allow a nice descent into the water and define the shoreline. also you might want the modify the soldier's fort with grey so it better matches the 9474.

I think that it would be nice to build up under the walls some rocks. this would allow a nice descent into the water and define the shoreline. also you might want the modify the soldier's fort with grey so it better matches the 9474.

Yes, the white wouldn't really go well with the grey of helm's deep

I defiantly won't start until December 5ish, I have to get my ToRIII comic in first. What should I do with my Soldiers Fort white pieces, then?

Save them I guess. Its Always good to have spare bricks! Or, if you want to use them, you can perhaps make another outpost or fort for the bluecoats or whoever else is fighting your redcoats.

Some minor adjustments an your good to go. Add bushes, jungle plants, a couple parrots or monkeys, replace some of midevil features with pirate ones (Such as cannons, flags) and add some pirate minifigs.

I could definatley see a dock out front.