CM4Sci

Legends of Chima TV Series

Now THAT sounds interesting. I will definitely watch this. Sounds like they might evolve, or maybe we will see more legend beasts!

The third episode is called "The Warrior Within"

-Sci

The Warrior Within? Reminds of The Enemy Within from Hero Factory TV series.

Still, the name sounds exciting, I hope we will see more legend beasts and maybe some more tribes.

Is it legal? :look:

Seeing as it's a video of a TV screen, it doesn't violate any copyrights. :wink:

Alright, it looks like the Eagles are getting more screen time, i saw Eglor and Ewald, and by the looks of it, the warrior is within Eris, I can't be sure, but I thought i heard Laval scream: "Eris! We need you!"

Overall, I'm going to wait before I comment further.

Edited by krystalKING

YES! More eagles! Eglor being the one I am most excited to see (and to have his own unique sounding voice).

Anybody think that Cragger might be going through... uh... Puberty? He sounded like he did during that brief moment during the pilot episodes after Plomar picks at his teeth. Maybe these characters are growing children... interesting.

Can't watch it untill I can get on my computer (iPads don't like Flash :sceptic:), but I am ecstatic to hear Eris is finally evolving in some way.

Oh... well I finally got to see it. I must say the series looks like it is becoming interesting. Although I will have to watch to see what that flower thing is all about...

The new preview looks fairly interesting, though I must say I agree with most of the critisicims of the first two episodes. The lack of personality is a bit bothersome, but my main problem is with the entire story line and the idea of Chi;

now we got this crystal source that makes animals evolve, but some of the animals didn't want it (you can kind of catch that they were remaining in "harmony with nature"), and lo and behold, they end up better than the animals that evolved! So really the ones who have taken Chi de-volved...

The entire idea of Chi, "the life force" (but then, you don't really need it) that keeps Chima peaceful (really?), "plug it" (that sounds really weird. You're going to take a plug of Chi? Lets just say this is not what I would expect for a kids show from LEGO.) "in your chest and feel the power of nature itself" - ridiculous concept, but oh well - and then there's the Lions with all their rules, who have had the Chi for a thousand years because they were the first to drink (first come first serve, I guess), so they've got to divide it up evenly among the tribes - frankly I feel like how I would have felt about Ninjago if LEGO had revealed the entire "got to keep the good and evil in balance so the overlord doesn't come" right at the beginning - only worse, because Chima and the idea of standing-up virtually human animals doesn't have the initial appeal Ninjago had.

Eris is ridiculous, as others have said, and frankly she seems a lot worse than Nya, who at least was always understandably captured, at least (not that the first one wasn't understandable, though whatever happened there? - maybe I missed something but she seemed to get freed almost by magic - but on her speedor was perhaps the most ridiculous scene so far...

The new preview looks fairly interesting, though I must say I agree with most of the critisicims of the first two episodes. The lack of personality is a bit bothersome, but my main problem is with the entire story line and the idea of Chi;

now we got this crystal source that makes animals evolve, but some of the animals didn't want it (you can kind of catch that they were remaining in "harmony with nature"), and lo and behold, they end up better than the animals that evolved! So really the ones who have taken Chi de-volved...

The entire idea of Chi, "the life force" (but then, you don't really need it) that keeps Chima peaceful (really?), "plug it" (that sounds really weird. You're going to take a plug of Chi? Lets just say this is not what I would expect for a kids show from LEGO.) "in your chest and feel the power of nature itself" - ridiculous concept, but oh well - and then there's the Lions with all their rules, who have had the Chi for a thousand years because they were the first to drink (first come first serve, I guess), so they've got to divide it up evenly among the tribes - frankly I feel like how I would have felt about Ninjago if LEGO had revealed the entire "got to keep the good and evil in balance so the overlord doesn't come" right at the beginning - only worse, because Chima and the idea of standing-up virtually human animals doesn't have the initial appeal Ninjago had.

Eris is ridiculous, as others have said, and frankly she seems a lot worse than Nya, who at least was always understandably captured, at least (not that the first one wasn't understandable, though whatever happened there? - maybe I missed something but she seemed to get freed almost by magic - but on her speedor was perhaps the most ridiculous scene so far...

Yes, I agree.

However, some aditional scepisicm:

First, The Great Story is a horrible Title, second, I even disagree with Laval, it's not a great story, or even an ok story, I think (personally) that ist is a very lame and boring story, I don't agree with the idiology behind it either, and the writers seemed to confuse "evolution" with devolution, at least a sort of devolution. Neither do I like the sort of worship of nature involved in the show, or the evolving idea in the first place.

Next, I don't like the Legend creature idea, (the legend creatures being the "non-evolved " ones doesn't even make sense) the animals act rather ridiculous most of the time, (except the ravens :laugh: , at least they are funny), and the flower thing Crooler did was very lame. Doesn't LEGO have better ways to make animals bad then by smelling flowers? At least, as my mother said, it isn't violent :sarcasm_smug: .

Nevertheless, I still plan to watch the next few episodes and hope for improvement. The biggest problem in my eyes (besides the ideology) would be that they were going at an amazing pace, which made it seem a little disconected, and that in all that time, they didn't really get that much done. At least, they could have done it all slower, and still have fit as much into it. But I like Ninjago much better, even though there are a couple of episodes in Ninjago I don't really like (16, 20, and 24 especially).

Yes, I agree.

However, some aditional scepisicm:

First, The Great Story is a horrible Title, second, I even disagree with Laval, it's not a great story, or even an ok story, I think (personally) that ist is a very lame and boring story, I don't agree with the idiology behind it either, and the writers seemed to confuse "evolution" with devolution, at least a sort of devolution. Neither do I like the sort of worship of nature involved in the show, or the evolving idea in the first place.

Next, I don't like the Legend creature idea, (the legend creatures being the "non-evolved " ones doesn't even make sense) the animals act rather ridiculous most of the time, (except the ravens :laugh: , at least they are funny), and the flower thing Crooler did was very lame. Doesn't LEGO have better ways to make animals bad then by smelling flowers? At least, as my mother said, it isn't violent :sarcasm_smug: .

Nevertheless, I still plan to watch the next few episodes and hope for improvement. The biggest problem in my eyes (besides the ideology) would be that they were going at an amazing pace, which made it seem a little disconected, and that in all that time, they didn't really get that much done. At least, they could have done it all slower, and still have fit as much into it. But I like Ninjago much better, even though there are a couple of episodes in Ninjago I don't really like (16, 20, and 24 especially).

Evolution doesn't inherently mean getting better. At its core it just means changing. That's a common misconception-- a being that stays the same doesn't evolve; in contrast a being that changes evolves, for better or for worse.

Also, the animals taking the Chi isn't strictly a bad thing. As a result of it, true, they have war and they have lost some of their connection to nature. On the other hand, they have civilization, which has its own share of positives and negatives. It kind of reminds me of the sealing of alchemy in the Golden Sun games. With alchemy free, some people can become powerful enough to pose a great danger to civilization. But without it, the world simply stagnates, and civilizations no longer grow. I think this is a theme that will be explored more over the course of the series, since the suggestion that the animal people at the theme's core are a perversion of nature isn't going to do a good job selling toys. Incidentally, Chi being a great danger and a great asset is an idea that has been explored in a lot of other media, too-- BIONICLE had energized protodermis, which turned the Toa into the Toa Nuva but also caused a war that destroyed a planet, and has the potential to instantly annihilate those whom it is not destined to transform.

From what I can hear these episodes were exposition-heavy, just as Ninjago's pilot was to a lesser extent. Which makes sense. One of the things I've heard from a lot of Chima skeptics is that they just don't understand the concept or think it doesn't make sense (Whereas colorful ninja superheroes is a much easier concept for many people to digest). Exposition helps show that OK, this isn't just a couple random ideas thrown together, but rather something that is structured around its own internal logic. For an adult, this kind of exposition may be tedious and might not clear things up that much in the long run. For a kid, this kind of exposition could easily be enough to convince them that the show isn't just silly or stupid, but rather has a certain enchanting mythology to it. And really that's what I figure the goal of airing these two episodes early is-- get kids intrigued so that by the time the rest of the show rolls around they'll be more easily hooked.

Edited by Aanchir

Let's just hope they improve the humor a little. Even Ninjago's early jokes were better than these.

I went ahead and edited one of the soundtracks straight out of the episode using Adobe Audition CS6. I apologize for the dynamic noise for about 10 seconds around 0:20. Editing out the voices and animal noises was very difficult, and I may have missed some of the sounds.

I went ahead and edited one of the soundtracks straight out of the episode using Adobe Audition CS6. I apologize for the dynamic noise for about 10 seconds around 0:20. Editing out the voices and animal noises was very difficult, and I may have missed some of the sounds.

Might I suggest doing the Battle Theme next? You know, the one that was featured in the previews before it aired.

Edited by Penkid11

Might I suggest doing the Battle Theme next? You know, the one that was featured in the previews before it aired.

I'll work on it. Was it in the episodes?

During the Battle after the Croc flare is fired, also used in the "From the creators of Ninjago" commercial if you'd like to compare.

Edited by Penkid11

During the Battle after the Croc flare is fired, also used in the "From the creators of Ninjago" commercial if you'd like to compare.

I'll do my best to get it sometime in the next few days! :classic:

Does anyone know the air date for `The Warrior Within`?

According to what we've heard, the series officially kicks off this spring/summer, so I'd assume then. :sadnew: