CM4Sci

Legends of Chima TV Series

Thanks to Aanchir for finding and reporting this in the Chima theme thread:

Just wanted to share a few random tidbits I found through Google searches. Page 137 of this catalog discusses the Chima books but also tells some things to anticipate from the Chima brand:

Brand Highlights:

• This property includes a TV show on a major kids’ network, Minifigures and sets, and large buildable figures.

• Board games, online games, apps, social games, and more!

Board game sounds like it could be neat-- I liked the Ninjago board game. This also confirms constraction sets and a TV show... assuming it is talking about Chima, but with all the hints we've gotten at this point the likelihood of it being anything else is infinitesimal.

So that confirms a TV show, as we all expected.

-Sci

Its official,after Ninjago's Finale a preview aired for Legends Of Chima and I must say it looks AWESOME!

Really! I'm dying to see it!

Edit: Did it mention when it would premire? I wonder how long of a break LEGO will take between Ninjago and Chima?

Edited by Kai NRG

Yep,it mentioned coming in 2013.Sadly I recorded like only 2 seconds of it...(Yes I recorded Ninjago's finale).

EDIT:It mentioned by the creators of Ninjago:Masters Of Spinjitzu,which kinda gives away the same studio is making LoC.

Edited by Zachattacx

I wonder if the cast of Ninjago will be contibuting to this....

When I first read that, I thought you meant like in cameos and crossovers.

I like the Lion Castle at the end. Perhaps the Eagle Castle will be similar? Franly I think Ninjago's storyline seemed a lot better, but we'll see where this one goes!

Edit: I seem to have trouble spelling Castle right... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Kai NRG

Thanks for the videos Zachattacx and Sci!

Anyways, looks pretty cool, I'm not sure if thats good or bad :sceptic:

I mean, for my wallet :wink:

I was a huge fan of Ninjago but that trailer looks simply epic.

-Gata signoff.png

I agree that the animals looked pretty good.

Got to see how this thing turns out :wink:

When I first read that, I thought you meant like in cameos and crossovers.

I would not be opposed to this. :grin:

Hopefully with Chima, the animators will be confident enough in their work to speed up the fighting a bit; so far the two seconds of swordfighting and the fight with all the energy bursts seemed decently fast, and the speeder-things look like they'll naturally focus on speed, so at present I'm fairly hopeful. The "sticky," slow fighting was one of the few things that consistently frustrated me with Ninjago (and indeed, with most animated TV shows), especially towards the end.

There will be a one hour series preview on Wednesday January 16th at 7:30 (6:30 central).

-Sci

I wonder if this will air in the UK...

There will be a one hour series preview on Wednesday January 16th at 7:30 (6:30 central).

-Sci

I wonder why so late (date, not time)? I kind of thought they would want to air it early in January... but maybe Ninjago will be airing then? :sceptic: