just2good

Minifigures Character Encyclopedia 2013

That's great! That means the revolutionary soldier will be easier to get multiples of!

Thanks for posting.

Multiple tin soldier minifigures will cost more and be harder to get multiples. Multiple revolutionary soldiers will however be far easier to get multiples of cheaply. (There was uncertanty over whether the tin soldier or the revolutionary soldier was in the book, the other will be in CMF 10).

I regard this as very good news too though I already expected it. I think the tin soldier is far more fitting for this.

His uniform looks interesting, but only if we could get multiplies of these...

Man, that will look great in some Christmas displays. Good thing Holiday Elf and Gingerbread Man should be out before the end of the year--combine them with Santa for a great workshop scene.

That is a very good minifigure. I'll definitely try and pick this book up when it comes to the UK. Hopefully it isn't obscenely expensive.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

I'm probably not going to get this one. The Toy Soldier is interesting, but I'm not going to buy the book just for that.

Here are some more inside photos from the Minifigure Character encyclopedia!

9781409324621L_009.jpg

9781409324621L_008.jpg

9781409324621L_007.jpg

9781409324621L_006.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

That book looks really neat! I can't wait to pick it up. I like how the pages are displayed. It will give us great pictures and lots of information on each figure. But I suspect some filler pages too..

Has anyone noticed the Toy Soldier image on the book is different from the actual figure. The printing on the shako is over the plume on the actual figure, but below it on the image. I found that interesting. There is a better picture of it on the actual website the book has been displayed (seen at Brickset).

I noticed that the encyclopedia is using truncated versions of each minifigure's biography from the Lego website. It looks to be excluding their stats and quotes, for whatever that's worth. (I mean, the stats are cute but worthless, unless there's plans for a CMF game.) Too bad--a lot of the quotes were funny.

The exclusive minifigure is most likely the Toy Soldier that was rumored to be in Series 10.

It is. :wink: Look above, and you'll see some pictures. :wink:

It is. :wink: Look above, and you'll see some pictures. :wink:

Oh, duh. :pir-hmpf_bad: The pics weren't loading, Lol. But anyways, the book looks great, and I can see some great uses for the fig. (Redcoat Artillery, anyone? Pirates fans? :pir_laugh2:?)

:caroler:

I hope they include a black plate with the figure so it can stand with his friends. I don't see one in the released photos.

I'm surprised that it comes with a rifle. I don't think LEGO has ever previously included hand accessories with any of the minifigures packed in a book/dvd (not counting the brickmaster "books").

In related news, Amazon now has the *other* DK minifigure book for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/1465414118

It retails for $40, has 256 pages, and I think it comes out on Sept. 16 2013. Previous information says that this book will come with three minifigures and I can believe that given how much more it costs compared to the 208 page CMF book.

Edited by badbob001

So, has anyone got the book yet?

I just stumbled across the S3 space alien mini facts - what on earth is meant by that giant cement squirrel? I'm pretty sure it must be a reference! Does anyone have a clue?