just2good

2013 LEGO Pirates rumors and discussion.

Isn't that the never released Flying Dutchman that appeared on a D2C list?

It was rumored to have over 2000 parts and would have been the biggest ship ever released.

Why was the Flying Dutchman never released?

I thought there were prelims because someone said that he'd seen it, shown by a friend who works for lego. But I guess you can call that a rumour as well.

With a bit of luck, we will get revival of this theme when the next movie is out. Still... That's about 2.5 years from now.

I thought there were prelims because someone said that he'd seen it, shown by a friend who works for lego. But I guess you can call that a rumour as well.

With a bit of luck, we will get revival of this theme when the next movie is out. Still... That's about 2.5 years from now.

That gets a little confused. Some of what passes as prelims were actually designs from the Tt games designers for the PotC video game. I think they may have even assembled a real world model. I don't think we ever had any real confirmation of a PotC Flying Dutchman. Granted it wouldn't be surprising if they considered it, and maybe built a sketch model. But QAR and BP may not have been huge sellers, at least not as frontline retail products in the big box stores. (I got both of mine on deep deep clearance discounts at Walmart.)