Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Twilight Of The Gods

As we travel further into Avalonia's 'Dark Isle', we come across an ancient tower. The origins of the tower are a mystery, however, it is widely believed that it is one of the 13 Tower's of the Elder Gods. The 13 Towers were said to be where the ancient Druids could talk to the gods and gain knowledge and power. Legend says that each tower has some sort of mystical artifact hidden inside that allows one to contact the Gods and call for their aid. There were originally 12 towers located all throughout Historica, each tower had its own unique treasure and each treasure could be used to summon its own power. Its not known as to what all these powers were, but a few old manuscripts still remain that mention some information on the subject. It is said that one tower could summon the power of Dragons - The Dragon Tower, one could summon the powers of the dead - The Nightmare Tower, one had the power to plunge the land into darkness - The Twilight Tower, and one could summon the powers of Giants - The Giant's Tower. The powers of the other towers are still unknown, some say they have the power to summon the sea monsters of the deep or even turn back time itself! It is known however, that a 13th tower was built. It is said that if all 12 treasures were brought to the 13th tower and combined together, it would summon an unspeakable power!!!

All just legends however, probably nonsense.

Still, it is this tower in the Dark Isle, that is believed to be 'The Twilight Tower'. Located half a days walk inland from the Sanctuary Of The Damned. Surrounded by a strange mystical lake and rising up towards the heavens, it casts a magnificent site for those you pass by, and it is not hard to see why folk claim it is one of the famous mythical towers.

One day, Historica may embark on a quest to find these towers and unlease their power, but that an adventure for another day....

Most of you will have allready seen this moc, as I posted it online a while back, but here it is anyway. Unfortunately due to the rush of getting this built, my photos' were not as good as i'd have liked, so I have also included some clearer photos that were taken at the early morning show set-up. Some of these pictures were taken by EB member SilentMode.

8070904464_8a96528d73_z.jpg

8070901114_7a8740649f_z.jpg

8070894373_d7d19c3668_z.jpg

8070890191_639017694c_z.jpg

8070848133_54fc902b94_z.jpg

8063488345_ec05862a4f_z.jpg

8063490804_d81d77100b_z.jpg

8063488763_a92a4d03dd.jpg

8070843451_a8ee0d6e5b_z.jpg

I also have a new model which I hope to post later on which is a new version of one of my old mocs 'Ye Olde Forge'. I think i've finally managed to better it!!!!!

Love the bubling purple and the spooky feel here. :thumbup: Those kind of round towers always look fantastic, all the detail you've added to this one really makes it stand out! Awesome creation!

your a god! The purple lake is awesome! and the Trees are spooky! Fantastic :)

Incredible landscaping and tower :wub: The circular staircase is superb and the spires coming off the side are great.

Glad to see you got around to posting it here :classic:

It´s just mindblowing! What a piece of art! I really love all the details and that purple lake is great!! :wub:

Excellent work m'lord! I love the purple. This one feels very organic and I love all the angles that this thing has with the round tower. A ++

OMG :oh3:

With all the clean details and complex forms it does not looks as it was made out of Lego.

*oh2* *oh2* Impressive tower :thumbup: :thumbup:

A really piece of art :drool:

My heart skipped a beat when I first saw the images from STEAM. Now... CPR is almost inevitable. This is, by far, the pinnacle build you have ever created. I love the variation of the groundwork and the purple moat. I am speechless.

And welcome back :wink:

Not much I can add besides, this is wonderful in a dark twisted Tim Burton morbid way. I am absolutely 100% in love with it.

The details you manage to put into your creations boggles my mind.

As I said on flickr the epicness of this outdoes what it is to be epic.

stunning!

keep it up!

frodo shelob double face!

I see what you did there... :classic:

~Legonardo

Another amazing build! Your MOC's are the pinnacle of the castle community, and it seems that everytime I see one of your builds I am inspired a new way

what elso to say but breathtaking. You just always amaze me with what can be done with those silly pieces of plastic we all love so much! Hero!!

I saw this when I was updating the index, and I can't believe I missed it the first time around. This build is simply stunning. The round tower, the staircase, the lake and the rockwork - amazing. Your builds are always top tier, and this is one of your best IMO. Incredible!