I wanted to pre-order it trough gamestop but the delivery cost is like 25$, almost double for a PC game and then what I read now, a possibility that the Elrond figure isn't even with it? :cry_sad:

Best that I order it from amazon.de for the PS3, but only thing I have to know is that it's CERTAIN that we get the figure with the PS3 special edition? otherwise I just order the PC game without the figure :sceptic:

Laughed yesterday when I got an email ad from Gamestop promoting the free fig w/ the game. Of course, when you clicked through to the gamestop website, there's no mention of the fig anymore.

I preordered the game for PC at my local GS months ago, so if there's no fig, I'll be :damn: .

I'm really hoping the rep I talked to was just unaware they will be getting more Elrond figures in for when the console and PC versions go out on the 13th. If not that's ridiculous, only the people who ordered portable versions of the game got the advertised minifigure. Even worse is people who ordered it way before them, but ordered it for a console or PC, are getting screwed. The severe lack of supply is bad enough, but it's even worse for people who ordered in months in advance and won't get a minifig just because they used them all up fulfilling the DS and Vita pre-orders that came out first.

I just called my local Gamestop and the employee I spoke with said that they tend to receive shipments of the exclusive with the game, although he was not sure whether or not the exclusive would be available. I think the availability might vary from store to store if you pick the game up at the store. It might be a different situation for people who ordered the game online for home delivery.

I agree with everyone else, if the figure isn't with the game anymore there is no reason to keep the game. With the cost of the figure being as high as it is, I would just end up waiting until the game goes on clearance as it inevitably will. I don't have time to play it now anyway, I just wanted it for the free figure. But if I go in and they say no more figures are available, then I will just return it on the spot. I wonder how much business GameStop will lose. They should look into a thing called customer service, ya know, being a retail customer oriented business and all.

I never deal with GS, so I had no idea they were this bad. I will know not to shop with them in the future then.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Hmm... I'm severly disappointed with this. It looks like GS really screwed this up. Does Amazon give you the minifigure with pre-order?

About the amazon.de SE version, is the PS3 version only in German or does it change according to the language set on your PS3?

TT

About the amazon.de SE version, is the PS3 version only in German or does it change according to the language set on your PS3?

TT

I hope so, ordered it yesterday but haven't thought about the language -_-

I pre-ordered it from my local TRU in september, getting mine next week and have reserved my fig on the phone. Apparently they have loads of them.

Good thing I didn't order from Gamestop USA. (Ebgames.ca never listed the minifig at all so I went to TRU)

Any (online) stores that still have them in/for The Netherlands?

If so, I'd like to know. I remember seeing a Dutch site with a supply of Elrond figures some time ago,

but I can't find it anymore.

His avaliable in polish shops called EMPIK. You can check at empik.com There is english version of that site. You can buy there a new Lotr game with an Elrod figure.

I forgot today's the date the game is released and forgot to cancel beforehand--however, I just got a shipment notice of "Premium LEGO LLOR mini-fig" from GameStop, so hopefully that's good news about Elrond! When I ordered last week, it no longer featured Elrond on the site--it just said "bonus included". Fingers crossed!

but only thing I have to know is that it's CERTAIN that we get the figure with the PS3 special edition?

Any (online) stores that still have them in/for The Netherlands?

I've send an e-mail to gamemania.nl and they told me they've got more than enough. So take your chance!(I did :wink: )

I forgot today's the date the game is released and forgot to cancel beforehand--however, I just got a shipment notice of "Premium LEGO LLOR mini-fig" from GameStop, so hopefully that's good news about Elrond! When I ordered last week, it no longer featured Elrond on the site--it just said "bonus included". Fingers crossed!

Hmm.. interesting. That is going to make me even more upset if I was told they had no more minifigures left, I cancelled my order, and now they are sending them out. I would love to hear more about this from other people when they get the game.. if you pre-ordered the game from Gamestop here in the U.S., did you get a minifig with it or not? and when did you pre-order? It seems extra weird you only pre-ordered it last week when they weren't even advertising the fig and now you got a notice saying the figure has shipped.

I preordered whenever it was first available to preorder, so a long time ago. I have yet to receive a phone call or email stating anything is available. I guess I'll just swing by the store after work and see what happens. If no figure, then I will just return on the spot.

My GS Manager said PS3 and XBox on Wednesday, PC on Friday. and a lot of the stores did save enough minifigs for their local preorders.

Went in today to pick up my pre-order and was told that there was a distribution problem and that no TRU in Canada would be receiving these until next week now. Also advised they had more than enough Elrond's to fill these pre-orders.

Also just saw on another website that XBOX360 units had demo discs in the case instead...

Edited by winbrant

I went into my Gamestop today and the employee who helped me said that they had enough figures to cover all the preorders. I would imagine that most Gamestop locations would be the same.

I went into my Gamestop today and the employee who helped me said that they had enough figures to cover all the preorders. I would imagine that most Gamestop locations would be the same.

Mine was ordered online, not in store pick up. That might be another issue as it seems in store pick ups were fine...

I pre-ordered mine from a store and they hadn't gotten the game in today and to check back tomorrow. Hope I get the fig. :sceptic:

I went to Gamestop to pick up my pre-ordered copy of the game, after a long wait in line I was told that they didn't get the game in today like they should have. Since I had to wait so long in line for him to tell me that, the guy gave me a couple of LOTR Tee shirst, mini posters and 2 Elrond figures.

Australia's EB-Games does not list the Elrond fig as preorder bonus anymore. I preordered some weeks back and hope to get it, but I'd double check if you plan to preorder.

Australia's EB-Games does not list the Elrond fig as preorder bonus anymore. I preordered some weeks back and hope to get it, but I'd double check if you plan to preorder.

I noticed this around 2 weeks ago, when I was about to place my order, and promptly changed my mind. I haven't found any up to date info about what's happening over here regarding Elrond, and it's still a 3 week wait until release. I'm not too hopeful, and all this talk about people being given multiple minifigs is not helping my mood there.