Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

The Mystic Fountain

Hey guys

Here's my challenge V entry...

I hope you like it :wink:

The Mystic Fountain

It's a fountain, near the border of Avalonia, but still in Mitgardia. There was a legend which told:

"Thousands of years ago, elves came to Mitgardia. They found this place at the fountain. There were special fruits, which they never have seen before, the fountain gave warm water and around it were the most beautiful plants on the whole world. These plants had a very bright green and white flower heads, which glinted like snow in the sun.

They decided to settle there, they had everything they need. Water and food. They built their own village there and they sad, the water, which comes out of the fountain is given directly by God. They had a good live there, but one day..."

Nah, nobody knows what happened, but most of the people think that the trolls came from the mountain. But that's not sure, it's just a legend.

At least some ruins are left.

Later, the mitgardians found this place and when they built their war camp near there, to be protected from the Elements.

8157578944_ca79821b91.jpg

A detail shot of the fountain.

8157581324_e98dde4873.jpg

And not to forget, the mitgardian war camp under construction. I tried to create some kind of contrast between the landscaping and the camp.

8157552159_7d937b278e.jpg

More pictures can be found on flickr: LINK

Constructive Critism is very apperciated. :blush:

Soli Deo Gloria

Edited by Buurli_Burri

BB, this is really cool I love it. The base is great, I like the fountain and of course tons of vegetation always work wonders. Right on, great Mitgardian Entry!!

I like the build a lot. Very nice, detailed build, with some very cool features to it. I just don't get much of a feel of a lived in camp to go along with it. If you have some time before the deadline this Sunday, I would just try to make it feel like more of a camp at the mystic location

Nice job with the wood stakes, that really looks great, especially your use of tan. Love the fountain and all the foilage, in general, great job! :thumbup:

Very nice!

I particularly like the sharpened wooden stakes you have for a fence.

Thank you :blush:

BB, this is really cool I love it. The base is great, I like the fountain and of course tons of vegetation always work wonders. Right on, great Mitgardian Entry!!

Thanks kabel!

I like the build a lot. Very nice, detailed build, with some very cool features to it. I just don't get much of a feel of a lived in camp to go along with it. If you have some time before the deadline this Sunday, I would just try to make it feel like more of a camp at the mystic location

I agree with you that the camp could be more represented in the MOC, but maybe you remarked that it's still under construction :laugh_hard: (I just wanted to keep the main focus on the Fountain and the ruins. :wink: )

Nice job with the wood stakes, that really looks great, especially your use of tan. Love the fountain and all the foilage, in general, great job! :thumbup:

Thank you :classic:

I like this build a lot! The vegetation gives it an overgrown look (which I think is great). I also. Like the way you included vegatation and the fountain in/on the rocks. Oh yeah, the sharpened wooden stakes are very clever!

Good luck in the challenge.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Very cool, Congrats!

The only con about it is the size.

Wonderful landscaping and the ruins and camp are right on :thumbup:

Great to see you building for Mitgardia :classic:

Very nice and solid entry for sure! Many nice details like the sharpened stakes!

The photo is really really good with clear and crisp pics! Well done!

I like you design for the trickle of water. It's a really nice touch. I love all that vege! Nice MOC Buurli Burri

Very cool, Congrats!

The only con about it is the size.

Thank you :wink: , but I actually don't care about size, it's more about details :grin:

Wonderful landscaping and the ruins and camp are right on :thumbup:

Great to see you building for Mitgardia :classic:

Thanks mate :classic:

Epic job BB! Love the pointed palisade and bending tree! Awesome job! :thumbup:

Thanks dude =) The bending tree was the most difficult and unstable part, it collapsed 4 times :wall:

Wow!

It looks so nice, I really really like the wooden fence.

Thank you!

Very nice and solid entry for sure! Many nice details like the sharpened stakes!

The photo is really really good with clear and crisp pics! Well done!

Thank you, I'm also very happy with the photos, these are the first in such a good quality, which I was able to take :thumbup:

I like you design for the trickle of water. It's a really nice touch. I love all that vege! Nice MOC Buurli Burri

Thank you :classic: This also was the main thing I wanted to build, everything else I just added later :wink:

Great work! I am beginning to see mitgardians can build snow-less builds :tongue:

great photography too!

Good luck!

~Legonardo

Great work! I am beginning to see mitgardians can build snow-less builds :tongue:

great photography too!

Good luck!

~Legonardo

Haha :laugh: When I began building I thought: "Ok, I don't have enough white tiles and I don't want to make it with studs, so I had no other choice :wink:

Thanks man!

Great entry, I´m working on something a bit simular! I really like the tree with the angled part and your photo´s are extremely good!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Very nice work, I rellay like the bushes :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great entry, I´m working on something a bit simular! I really like the tree with the angled part and your photo´s are extremely good!

Thanks mate! :classic: I already can't wait to see your entry :blush:

Very nice work, I rellay like the bushes :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you! It's the first time I tried to use official Lego trees/bushes in the same MOC in which I use brickbuilt trees. I was quite content with the result :classic:

Great entry! I really like how overgrown everything looks and how the walls are varied and sporadic, and I love, love, LOVE the circular wall of 1x2 bricks - this just turned out awesome! I also like the original tree trunk, the little waterfall, and the tan cones for the tops of the logs in the wall. Very nice job!

As others have said, that tree on top of the fountain is pretty cool

Thanks :classic: , but you don't want to know how instabile it is :laugh: It collapsed so many times while building :laugh: