Bonaparte

French Frigate Minerve (20 guns)

[pid][/pid] 143D

I'd like to present the 20 gun French Frigate Minerve which is another co-build with my friend Captain Green Hair.

This ship was finished roughly a year ago and serves as a sister ship to this ship.

The Minerve was put on display already 2 times, along with it's sister and the rest of the fleet, on BeLUG events.

frigate-pic1.jpg

frigate-pic2.jpg

frigate-pic3.jpg

frigate-pic4.jpg

frigate-pic5.jpg

frigate-pic6.jpg

Mhoahaha, I know all about its dirty secret :pir-devil:

eh, I mean very nice ship, will I have the chance to see it again at Brickmania Antwerpen ?

If I had the bricks I'd make a sister ship too, three frigates :drool:

Edited by Sebeus I

Love this Ship! The rigging is impressive and I bet she looks good alongside her sistership!

How did you get the rigging to fit into the pegs in the nailboards (or whatever their called)?

It was about time you posted this ship :pirate:

But she looks great! I like how it looks almost the same as CGH's, but upon closer inspection there are actually quite a lot of small differences.

I think I prefer Green Hair's spanker sail, but Minerva's bowsprit looks better.

The rigging and sails are of course excellent, and the stern is nice as well.

Another detail I like is the knotted anchor cable.

My only tiny point of criticism is that it may look better if you add a 1x2 brown tile to the 2x2 slope in the bow piece.

But you guys did an amazing job on this vessel :thumbup:

Nice job on your boat Bonaparte. :sweet:

The detail is excellent and just like its predecessor (sorry for the big word).

Great ship, I'm sure the two sailing side by side would be a sight to see!

keep it up!

~Legonardo

Oh wow, that's a magnificent piece! I really love seeing such detailed ships. I don't think I've seen many ships of that size, either. Amazing!

I love this ship!

And I wanted to thank Bonaparte and Captain Greenhair for inspiring me with their work. I am currently working on a ship as well.

Very nice ship, again!! I like a lot the overall shape and the stern details, and of course the blocks, they look terribly professional :wub:

I'd like to suggest two points for improvement though :wink:

First I think your bowsprit is a bit too angled, i.e. the angle made with the horizontal is too large (I've talked with CGH so I know you used this as a ref-pic and you can check that indeed the bowsprit isn't that angled).

1523752-The_Hermione_Rochefort.jpg

Then there is the Boom. I'm not 100% sure about this so my apologies if I am wrong. However I am pretty sure that the angle the boom makes with the mast should also be much larger, i.e. the boom should be closer to the horizontal. Usually booms have indeed an angling but I don't think it would be that steep. I have not measured but I'd say you have a 20º angle there and the highest angle I have seen there should be around 10º.

Again: a great masterpiece :classic:

Great work on this one. You and Rick are great team builders. The rigging is nice and clean and the dark red and pearl gold go together perfectly. Oh and wait do I see the stern has glu..... oh wait... mmm... mabe not? Great ship mate. I hope too to be back in the shipyards again soon.

-Bejaune

Very impressive Mister Bonaparte, the different colors of the ship blend perfectly together.

Curious, is the lower deck full of stuff other then the cannons

A very nice vessel you've built Bonaparte! Why hide this from us for so long? The rigging is very impressive. I really like the all the blocks in the rigging, they just stand out so much. Another feature I like is the stern. Though the galleries are angled the top wall is not. Surely that is very strong and as strength is an issue I'm having on the Matterhorn's stern I can really appreciate what you've built there.

Great job Bonaparte. Your talent really shows!

-W. Townsend

Edited by Mr. Townsend

Nice to see you are still in the business of shipbuilding! I like how you gave her full cannons and not just fake gunports. :thumbup: The whole look is very classic. Even though the gallerys arent't angled I quite like how they look with that single pane.

Since you said she has been on display already, are there any pictures of that? I've never had a ship on display so far, so I'm quite interested how that works too.

The black 1x3 plates with the pearl gold 1x1 round plate and 1x2 grille appears to be glued on the inverted slope, am I correct?

Anyway, it's good to have one more fine vessel for the French fleet! :sweet: