RoxYourBlox

Fountain Castle

I agree that it doesn't feel overwhelming for its size, mostly because of the color scheme. I'm not sure how much I like the roof color and the two blues together, but at the same time I can't seem to turn away. It's very peculiar. I do love the overall design structure of the building though. The gold accents do play off of those browns. It is amazing how different those two browns are when put side by side.

Keep up the good work. That's quite an interesting city you have there. You must have a lot of space and time!

Amazing building. I like the way you've restrained yourself in using blue bricks. And I think this would also look wonderful surrounded by a large park or garden.

Any idea of the brick count and potentiel BL pricing ?

9136 pieces. BL prices can vary, but you could make a rough estimate by the piece count. The 1x2x3 black windows are hard-to-find at the moment.

Amazing building. I like the way you've restrained yourself in using blue bricks. And I think this would also look wonderful surrounded by a large park or garden.

Personally, I would have liked to try sand red or salmon as the primary color with a dark blue roof and brick yellow (tan) trim, but that'd require some bricks never produced. So, I swapped the color palette of the completed LDD file to try a few different looks. Medium nougat produced an effect too similar to my Pumpkin Factory, and dark red was just too dark. Eventually I settled on a reprise of my daughter's favorite colors, as seen previously here. Perhaps there's a better combination, but with the MOC being so expensive I wanted a guarantee that 1 person in particular would be happy with it.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Wow, that's a lot of parts, and that's also a nice father.

I'll get the LDD tomorrow on my big computer to see some details, but this is really a masterpiece you can be proud of.

You have some amazing talent. The color combinations you come up with are brilliant. That photo of yours together is mind boggling(I'd love to see more of that). The shapes of your buildings are also a breath of fresh air, with all the recessed areas to break up an otherwise flat wall.

Edited by Legocrazy81

You have some amazing talent. The color combinations you come up with are brilliant. That photo of yours together is mind boggling(I'd love to see more of that). The shapes of your buildings are also a breath of fresh air, with all the recessed areas to break up an otherwise flat wall.

Which photo, the entire town? I had plans to update a few Castlometry pics soon, so I'll have the camera out for any other requests as well.

Since you mentioned it, yes, the windows of Fountain Castle are recessed by a full stud--the visible frame is actually formed by tiles. However, the black tiles absorb light as around a raccoon's eyes, and the effect becomes (too) subtle.

Which photo, the entire town? I had plans to update a few Castlometry pics soon, so I'll have the camera out for any other requests as well.

Yeah, the photo you posted a ways down on the first page, with this and other MOCs.

I LOVE this! You are amazing at building modular!.......I have nothing more to say but that this is pure amazingness.......

Haha! Love the fairy and santa!