Here's my entry to Challenge V "The Mystic Sanctum". Throne room inspired by Sirens-of-Titan, chipped pillars inspired by DARKspawn.

Daydelon was desolated by the elemental attacks so Sir Glorfindel took Fergus to see an old dwarf to lead the survivors to the ancient dwarven city of Emraldon.

Now they have established camp there and are living in uneasy quiet. The men hunt and fish or gather wood while the women and children pick berries or cook, soldiers keep a sharp lookout for any Corrupt Hand forces. The refugees have not ventured far into the tunnels staying mainly in the large cavern and awe-inspiring courtyard and throne room. The latter is strangely untouched by age.

8146221620_732b243dcf_z.jpg

More pics here: http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=441

Any C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Love it. You really nailed the challenge description, re-using an ancient structure as a camp. Half looks like a ramshackle command center, half looks like a hand-carved city. :thumbup:

WOW! Your WIP was nothing compared to the final product. That green and red floor is mesmerizing! The fact that all the components snap together is fantastic! Excellent job SK.

Love it. You really nailed the challenge description, re-using an ancient structure as a camp. Half looks like a ramshackle command center, half looks like a hand-carved city. :thumbup:

WOW! Your WIP was nothing compared to the final product. That green and red floor is mesmerizing! The fact that all the components snap together is fantastic! Excellent job SK.

Thanks, I wanted the floor to be tiled and those were the only colors I had enough in, I learned after the third challenge to make stuff come apart so you can get decent pics :classic:

Great work man. The bottom level feels a bit sparse outside the main building but there are a lot of great deal of little details that are just excellent. You're best work by far. A++

Damn. Now I know I'm not winning. This is just awesome. I can tell you put a lot into this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great work!

plus 1.

I suscribe all previous comments too.

Great work.

A truly impressive work that certainly raised the bar for all entries by quite a bit. The detailing of the underground temple is just amazing and the second level feels very much alive. Are those white huts supposed to be built out of snow/ice? If so, how did they get that much if the forest above is so green?

The single most unique feature, though, would probably be the working lift that connects the top level with the underground :thumbup:

Once again, great job on this and best of luck in the competition :classic:

Edited by Abu Dun

no doubt your best, this is going to be really hard to beat!

good luck!

~Legonardo

I agree with those above, this is incredible! Great job fitting into the challenge parameters with a build that is very unique

Whoa this is so amazing, your an exellent builder.

All the floors on this creation, and that you can remove them like moduls is well done. Amazing

Really like the bottom floor, with the temple like structure (green and red floor, beutiful) great arcitecture.

There is like so much more one could say about this thing, but i don´t think there would be room for that

Great job! I love those trees and what I can see of the bottom floor (especially the door) looks fantastic! :thumbup: Nice detail with the fish as well!

Damn. Now I know I'm not winning. This is just awesome. I can tell you put a lot into this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great work!

Thanks that means a lot to me :sweet:

Great work man. The bottom level feels a bit sparse outside the main building but there are a lot of great deal of little details that are just excellent. You're best work by far. A++

Thanks Z, you're right about the first level, I wanted it to be somewhat open to convey the massiveness of it but I also ran out of figs and ideas :blush:

plus 1.

I suscribe all previous comments too.

Great work.

Thanks Niku :classic:

A truly impressive work that certainly raised the bar for all entries by quite a bit. The detailing of the underground temple is just amazing and the second level feels very much alive. Are those white huts supposed to be built out of snow/ice? If so, how did they get that much if the forest above is so green?

The single most unique feature, though, would probably be the working lift that connects the top level with the underground :thumbup:

Once again, great job on this and best of luck in the competition :classic:

Thanks! The white huts are supposed to be fabric tents :classic:

no doubt your best, this is going to be really hard to beat!

good luck!

~Legonardo

Thanks Legonardo, good luck to you too :classic:

I agree with those above, this is incredible! Great job fitting into the challenge parameters with a build that is very unique

Thanks Kayne :sweet:

Whoa this is so amazing, your an exellent builder.

All the floors on this creation, and that you can remove them like moduls is well done. Amazing

Really like the bottom floor, with the temple like structure (green and red floor, beutiful) great arcitecture.

There is like so much more one could say about this thing, but i don´t think there would be room for that

Great job! I love those trees and what I can see of the bottom floor (especially the door) looks fantastic! :thumbup: Nice detail with the fish as well!

Thanks you, and thanks for your suggestion about the photo :thumbup:

Very nice, a lot of detailing. Really a masterpiece.

Edited by soccerkid6

Great Soccerkid, this has truely become an awesome piece of LEGO art. When I first saw your wip pics I didn't really know as to where you would take this, but the final result is absolutely convincing. I love it!

So once again I will not score a single point in the competition ...

Great Soccerkid, this has truely become an awesome piece of LEGO art. When I first saw your wip pics I didn't really know as to where you would take this, but the final result is absolutely convincing. I love it!

So once again I will not score a single point in the competition ...

Thank you kabel, even if you don't, and I think you will, you've done more for Mitgardia than probably anyone other than Ecclesiastes or SoT :thumbup:

Excelent build! I love the green and red tiles and the lift. well done! :thumbup:

Very, very (I can't put in enough very's) impressive! All the little and BIG details. The interiors are amazing. And since I am currently studying LEGO trees, your pine trees made from palm tree leaves and branches just blew me away. How did you do that?

Edit: After more study, I think I figured it out. Did you use bars bteween the rounds to attach the leaves?

Great, great, great!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Very, very (I can't put in enough very's) impressive! All the little and BIG details. The interiors are amazing. And since I am currently studying LEGO trees, your pine trees made from palm tree leaves and branches just blew me away. How did you do that?

Edit: After more study, I think I figured it out. Did you use bars bteween the rounds to attach the leaves?

Great, great, great!

Andy D

Thanks! The trees are quite simple, the trunk is made of barrels with 2x2 round plates on top so the plates can rotate. Each layer of branches has four leaves going in opposite directions with others hooked up to the bottom of leaves as necessary. I can take some pics if this doesn't make sense :classic:

Fantastic MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like it :wink:

Thank you :classic:

Very nice! I love that elevator! And the rest is great as well!

Thanks, the elevator was one of the last details I thought of, glad I included it :classic:

This is just epic! So much to love in the build! The tents inside, the crane, the throne room! Just wow!

I really think that you and LD have improved your building skills the most and the best during this whole GoH! Great too see!

This is just epic! So much to love in the build! The tents inside, the crane, the throne room! Just wow!

I really think that you and LD have improved your building skills the most and the best during this whole GoH! Great too see!

Thanks dG :sweet: