Fb56k.gif

Attention citizen of Eurobricks! Heed the voice of the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za!

We have occupied this sector of space and command you to surrender. Those who will do so voluntarily will remain as our Battle Thralls. The rest of will be placed under the Slave Shield until the end on the days.

While you are making your decisions, we, the Ur-Quan, want to share with you something special, made by two Earthlings: Crash Sanders, mostly known as -N13OS- in this sector of space, and Glen Bricker, who known by his interstellar observatory.

Those two humans decided to immortalize our deeds by making a collaborative project named Ur-Quan Masters on the CUUSOO site.

We will now display chronicle and broadcast the message from Glen Bricker to the fellow citizen of the galaxy.

01/01/2013 --- Thread recieved second update!

19/11/2012 --- Thread received first update!

01/11/2012 --- CrashSanders opened a thread on EuroBricks

02/03/2011 - GlenBricker has started Ur-Quan Masters project on CUUSOO

November will mark the 20 year anniversary of the release of Star Control II. A great game that combines an epic quest with arcade action. I and many of my compatriots have spent countless hours seeking out resources and allies in the immense expanse of stars or matching skills against our friends in feverish head-to-head space combat.

More than a decade after its release the game has continued to accrue accolades (ha, seriously, pun not intended), and now exists with new life having found itself ported to an open source version rechristened "Ur-Quan Masters"

This is a proposal to create a collection of ships and figures based on the immense variety found within the game.

These ships would not be minifig scaled (such as my Corellian Defender) but would instead be conservatively scaled toward the "midi." The concept behind this is to allow for a single set with the maximum number of ships and aliens possible. Everyone has their favorite species and ship so I don't want anyone left out if I can help it.

This concept of a Minifig with a undersized vessel is well presented in Lego's new series of Star Wars planet-ship-figure sets.

This is a very active project, if you don't see something you like right now, please check again later.

------ IMAGE TRANSFER INITIATED ------

::CONNECTION STABLE

::DOWNLOADING DATA

::FILE 1: READY

thumb640x360.jpg

::DESCRIPTION: "The Captain" and his modular Flagship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::FILE 2: READY

thumb640x360.jpg

::DESCRIPTION: The Ur-Quan Kzer-Za clan representative and Dreadnaught with its autonomous fighters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::FILE 3: READY

thumb640x360.jpg

::DESCRIPTION: Androsynth, Mycon, the Androsynth Guardian and the Mycon Podship.

::FILE 4: READY

thumb640x360.jpg

::DESCRIPTION: Utwig Jugger, Yehat Terminator and the two forms of the Mmrn-hrmm Transformer.

FILE 5: READY

thumb640x360.jpg

::DESCRIPTION: the/an Orz, a Spathi, Illwrathi Avenger, Thraddash Torch and Chenjesu Broodhome with D.O.G.I. swarm.

::DATA TRANSFER COMPLETE

::CLOSING CONNECTION

------ END OF SESSION ------

Star Control II, the Ur-Quan and all the titles © Toys for Bob

The models of Androsynth Guardian, Mycon Podship, Utwig Jugger, Yehat Terminator, Thraddash Torch, also Spathi, Orz and Mycon minies and The Captain and Androsynth pilot's renders © Glen Bricker

The models of Chenjesu Broodhome, Ur-Quan Dreadnought, Mmrn-hrmm X-Former, Illwrath Avenger and The Flagship, also The Ur-Quan Kzer-Za model © Crash Sanders

Thank you for your attention,

end of transmission...............

Edited by -N13OS-

haha really great concept and some great little mini builds to go along with it!

The little folding plane in particular is solid, and as Draik mentioned, the creates are top notch.

Nice one, I love Star Control 2.

Some of the ships will be interesting to build though (the Spathi Eluder for example seems like a nice challenge)

Wow, those are great MOC's of a great game! But I have some doubts about the Orz: what parts are those that form its flippers/arms/whatever and eye stalks, and do the 1x1 round plates with hole on its eyes exist in any colour other than white?

And, playing this back from memory ... while proof-reading it I couldn't help but hear the ominous Kzer-Za voice in my head...

Attention, interloper. Heed this recorded message. This drone vessel speaks with the voice and authority of the Ur-Quan. You are trespassing within Ur-Quan space. This world, Earth, may not be approached for any reason, nor will hostilities against our orbital platform be tolerated. In addition, your ship does not respond to standard Hierarchy identification transmissions, and is therefore deemed to be... independent. This is not permissible. Only subservience will be tolerated. You are commanded to remain here and await the arrival of the Ur-Quan. Disobedience will be punished.

I need to get a life.

Alas, it wasn't me who responsible for building Orz so I cannot tell you what are those pieces though I've seen them in LDD.

Thank you for the comment by the way! =)

Edited by -N13OS-

Happy New Year to all you fellow citizens of the Galaxy!

Glen Bricker had some troubles with Photoshop but now he's at last able to continue, and the update is already in the first post!

Happy New Year, hunams! *Enjoy the sauce*! :laugh:

I cannot tell you what are those pieces though I've seen them in LDD

I saw on the other day what they are: they're handlebars, the version to fit Friends' hands.