Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Due to the upgrade there are several members without an 'avatar'.

Online an avatar is the equivalent to a face, so it's like taking to someone without a face :wink:

I'd like to encourage all our faceless members to get an avatar.

In case you need help I'm sure there'll be plenty other members willing to assist in making you a suitable avatar (you can mention in this topic what kind of avatar you'd like to have).

If anyone would like to make me one I'd be grateful! I know I'm not here much, but it's always good to see avatars.

I like Technic and Apple if that helps :p

If anyone would like to make me one I'd be grateful! I know I'm not here much, but it's always good to see avatars.

Ill give it a go

EDIT: hows this?

8148534035_45c476f785_q.jpg

Edited by Legonardo

Unfortunately I didn't create this one, but my friend did. And I like how Bonaparte says 'Faceless members'. :head_back:

EDIT: Not this one, this is for the Superheroes contest.

Edited by Jackattack7

I thinks my avatar still works? but is it possible to get rid of the frame around the picture like it usually is? or was?

could I recommend, put not only a picture of the avatar, but also your country

p.s. I have an Avatar yet, but needs upgrade, thans this guy

Try this one if you like...

post-11166-0-07592800-1351938225_thumb.jpg

I have a picture ready and have had since I joined the forum, the trouble is when I click on the box in the top right hand corner of the screen 'Your Profile' nothing happens. I cannot open any of it. I have tried in MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox and it is the same in all of them, the button just clicks and nothing happens. There fore I cannot get into it to change any settings, no idea why as I have tried several times, it just will not do anything?

It is the same for the 'Post' button when answering a thread. In all three web browsers it will not work. Every time I want to answer a thread I have to go through the 'More Reply Options' button and post that way.

If anyone had a suggestion as to why these buttons are not working I would be more than happy to add a picture and would probably contribute to more threads as it would not be such a faff to have to do all that clicking. I have tried it on several computers as well, so I know it is nothing specific to the computer I am using, it must be something on the account?

I have a picture ready and have had since I joined the forum, the trouble is when I click on the box in the top right hand corner of the screen 'Your Profile' nothing happens. I cannot open any of it. I have tried in MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox and it is the same in all of them, the button just clicks and nothing happens. There fore I cannot get into it to change any settings, no idea why as I have tried several times, it just will not do anything?

It is the same for the 'Post' button when answering a thread. In all three web browsers it will not work. Every time I want to answer a thread I have to go through the 'More Reply Options' button and post that way.

If anyone had a suggestion as to why these buttons are not working I would be more than happy to add a picture and would probably contribute to more threads as it would not be such a faff to have to do all that clicking. I have tried it on several computers as well, so I know it is nothing specific to the computer I am using, it must be something on the account?

That's very weird...

What happens when you click this link?

http://www.eurobrick...?showuser=17080

Or this one:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

When I click the top link http://www.eurobrick...?showuser=17080 it lets me in. Then when i click on 'Edit my profile' it comes up with 'Page cannot be displayed.'

I have tried the link at the bottom http://www.eurobrick...e&module=usercp and it just says the same 'Page cannot be displayed.'

Also I tried using the 'Quote' and 'MultiQuote' buttons to reply but they are just clicking nothing happening either.

I've moved you to another group, can you see if that changes anything (though I think it will not)?

Out of curiosity more than anything, are you now allowed to make an avatar/reach your profile before 10 posts?

Out of curiosity more than anything, are you now allowed to make an avatar/reach your profile before 10 posts?

I checked with a test user and now you can add an avatar when you have <10 posts.

You made a fair point Bonaparte, i think i'm one of the members who's been faceless for far too long... I just have no idea what to make for an avatar. What would you guys recommend? Something to fit the theme of the forum i usually hang out in, something that somehow relates to my name, or something more neutral?

You made a fair point Bonaparte, i think i'm one of the members who's been faceless for far too long... I just have no idea what to make for an avatar. What would you guys recommend? Something to fit the theme of the forum i usually hang out in, something that somehow relates to my name, or something more neutral?

A lot of people create a SIG fig, which is a LEGO minifigure of your own design to represent you.

With the current Super Hero months contests it's a perfect time to get an avatar going.

If nothing else create a super hero avatar to enter the super hero avatar contest.

OK, tried that. You are right it has not made much difference but thanks for trying. The one thing it has changed though is that the 'post' button now seems to be working.

Would it be possible to e-mail the image I always use on forums to one of the admin team and have them attach it to my profile? If so what sort of dimensions would you want as I just have it as a standard image size at the moment, but obviously can resize it if needed?

Maybe something like this:

post-27955-0-43752900-1352128769_thumb.jpg

How do I look? :snicker:

That depends. Are you the dragon, or the man getting swallowed by the dragon? :laugh: (If you're the dragon, you look - either hungry or tremendously inconsiderate. If you're the man, you look like you might be having some trouble. . . )