Sign in to follow this  
Hun

Medieval landscape display

Here is my medieval landscape from HUNLTC's recent exhibition in Budapest, Hungary.

Only about 150 out of my 700 soldiers were present, but this time the emphasis was on landscaping. This 35-baseplate display is just the first step: I'm planning to expand it to 60 beseplates by next year.

Inspiration & ideas for this came from a multitude of great builders here, among others Derfel Cadarn, Sirens-of-Titan, DNL, Mark of Falworth and Jojo. Thanks, guys! :classic:

landscape_800x600_01.jpg

landscape_800x600_02.jpg

landscape_800x600_03.jpg

landscape_800x600_04.jpg

landscape_800x600_05.jpg

landscape_800x600_06.jpg

landscape_800x600_07.jpg

landscape_800x600_08.jpg

landscape_800x600_09.jpg

landscape_800x600_10.jpg

landscape_800x600_11.jpg

Wow! so much to love here, the size, the foliage, the figs...

keep it up!

This is magnificent! So many different things to drool over .... :wub_drool:

Thats a great looking project, you should add a ruined small tower or building in the foilage, with over grown look.

How did you make the small bandit type guys?

Wow, that's really beautiful, I love the bear scene :laugh::thumbup: Awesome job!

Beautiful landscape :wub: The bridge, tower, and boat are all excellent as well :thumbup: and the figs add the perfect finishing touch :classic:

Wow, thanks guys for all the compliments so far! :blush:

you should add a ruined small tower or building in the foilage, with over grown look.

Well, that's one of my plans for the bigger layout - I take it it's a good idea then, right? :laugh:

How did you make the small bandit type guys?

Do you mean these guys?

barbarians_01_resize.jpg

Oh my...

your moc is so much full of details, I love it. Very cool the new forestman :wub:

Very nice! I love the colors. They seem so rich! Are the two factions meeting on the road friends or foes?

That is very impressive. The detail, the size, everything. I like the figures marching toward each other. Seeing the larger armies (and it isn't all of them!) is always a good scene. I like the change up of some of the figures torsos/head gear and whatnot. I really like the bandit archer with the brown hood and the brown pants?? Seems very fitting and I may have to copy that figure sometime.

I really like the water scene with the ship. You don't see that very often in these big landscapes.

Keep up the good work. It'll be crazy seeing the 60 base plates next year!

lots of great details here! I am currently building for the Guilds of Historica Challenge and I really like your watch tower. mine was looking too 'bulky" but yours looks great! I may have to adopt that build for my MOC.

Great job all around!

Are the two factions meeting on the road friends or foes?

I imagine them as two friendly kingdoms, meeting here and marching to battle together. There's one problem, however - which direction will they go? One army will have to back up... I think I need to rebuild their meeting place as a crossroads to give them more options. :sweet:

I really like your watch tower. mine was looking too 'bulky" but yours looks great! I may have to adopt that build for my MOC.

Sure, go ahead - but I have to give credit for the idea of this watchtower to DNL (DanielZ). Remember his Hrotingas castle evolution MOC from a few years back?

Edited by Hun

Large MOC are always impressive but as you've may know a good MOC is characterized by small details. I may not like it all but for sure you've caught my attention with you bear hunting scene! Your pinetrees are so good, I really like them, I can image an entire forest... I also like your bridge, or what I thing is the center of your MOC, those 1x1 round made it all, it gives some personnality and "realistic" look to it.

Well done.

Wow, thanks guys for all the compliments so far! :blush:

Well, that's one of my plans for the bigger layout - I take it it's a good idea then, right? :laugh:

Do you mean these guys?

barbarians_01_resize.jpg

IMO would be a very good idea, but thats just because i think a hidden ruined tower type structure would suit the foilage you've done.

Yep those are the ones, looks like a mix of some blue kingdom knight tops, but where do the other pieces come from as they look like a great merc type force.

Thanks for your interest! :sweet:

From left to right:

- Viking torso (dark blue arms replaced by tan ones)

- CM6 Highland warrior

- Knight Kingdoms I robber torso (dark gray arms replaced by yellow ones)

- Viking berserker torso

- Viking chief torso (dark red arms replaced by tan ones)

- Viking torso (sand blue arms replaced by tan ones)

- Prince of Persia Zolm torso (dark bluish gray arms replaced by tan ones)

- CM4 Viking

- Star Wars Qui-Gon Jinn torso from 1999

The Viking series from 2005/2006 is my all-time favourite. Half a dozen excellent generic medieval warrior torsos give you lots of possibilities if you're willing to replace the arms. :wink:

Wonderful landscape! All the foliage is great and the figs and all their going about is cool. I really like seeing landscapes done, and medevial ones are the best. This is no exception, awesome work.

Thanks for your interest! :sweet:

From left to right:

- Viking torso (dark blue arms replaced by tan ones)

- CM6 Highland warrior

- Knight Kingdoms I robber torso (dark gray arms replaced by yellow ones)

- Viking berserker torso

- Viking chief torso (dark red arms replaced by tan ones)

- Viking torso (sand blue arms replaced by tan ones)

- Prince of Persia Zolm torso (dark bluish gray arms replaced by tan ones)

- CM4 Viking

- Star Wars Qui-Gon Jinn torso from 1999

The Viking series from 2005/2006 is my all-time favourite. Half a dozen excellent generic medieval warrior torsos give you lots of possibilities if you're willing to replace the arms. :wink:

Duely stolen if its ok, time to find some of the missing pieces from that list as I love the rag tag look of this. Credit definately goes to you :)

I always have loved your army dioramas, and this one is no exception.

The movement sensation of the army is well captured.