This time I'm presenting myour latest creation, built together with my boyfriend. Since the two of us own 2 copies of Kingdoms Joust set (10223), we decided to build a medieval diorama based around the Joust set. Diorama is based on 3x5 baseplates (32x32) and is going to be presented this weekend at KockeFest (Slovenian LUG's exhibition in Ljubljana).

medieval_joust_02.jpg

One of the residents is returning to the inner part of the village with horse-driven cart, passing the guards.

medieval_joust_16.jpg

Outside the gates there are pastures on one side of the road, and some trees surrounding a small lake on the other side. At the lake, fisherman is catching his lunch.

medieval_joust_13.jpg

Behind the gates, people gathered to observe the jousting of knights. There's a special place for two royal families and nobility on one side of the jousting field, and the commoners are standing on the other side.

medieval_joust_17.jpg

At the end of the jousting field are pavilions where the knights can prepare for their turn at the jousting field.

medieval_joust_18.jpg

Behind the jousting field, stands the castle, surrounded by a ditch.

medieval_joust_25.jpg

The castle is accessible via drawbridge, that can be lifted by turning the wheel at the roof of the middle tower.

medieval_joust_31.jpg

At one of the corner towers, another guard is joining his colleagues at the top.

medieval_joust_27.jpg

Behind the castle wall, there's a courtyard, where some of the guards are enjoying a meal and drinks, and the others are moving a chest to a different location.

medieval_joust_28.jpg

The castle was deliberately build incomplete (with one side only) and is likely to be extended in the future. Besides, the castle is modular to allow access to the interiors, which is partly furnished (but not yet photographed).

More pictures at higher resolution can be found at my Flickr account.

Superb layout! The kingdoms joust gatehouse and tents fit right into your MOC and the landscaping is excellent :thumbup:

I'd love to see this MOC in person, hopefully it'll be shown at more than one event and I'll be able to come. I love the composition, the details, landscaping... it's fantastic.

Very nice work - The Kingdoms Joust is one of my all-time favourite sets and it is nice to see it integrated here into a larger MOC. I like the modifications you've made to expand it (like the larger tents).

Great work and looking forward to seeing the expanded castle.

Very cool! The joust is one of the better Kingdoms sets, but this adds a lot to it and makes a great layout

Very cool build! I'm drooling over the double Joust there. I'm trotting to catch up on purchases so I can get a second. I like the layout here, with all the action around the jousting area and the landscape is fantastic! Well done you two.

This is excelent and huge! I'm glad I'll be able to see it in person this weekend.

Oh wow, this is amazing! I love the castle at the end and the tilt field (Jousting field) looks perfect too.

It's great to see how you expanded the Joust set. The castle looks spectacular with the darker and lighter shades of grey and the drawbridge is a great feature. :wink:

Nice use of the joust sets, good features and love the details like the area behind the cart showing wheel marks etc.

This is awesome. :wub_drool: The doubling up of the Joust building for entrance to the village works really well. I love the landscaping, particularly around the village houses, and the atmosphere you have created by having all the spectators for the joust. The castle wall itself is very impressive and looks quite formidable as the backdrop to this diorama.

Wow! Combining two sets really expands the possibilities, and you two have made good use of all of the parts.

This is one fine MOC! Congratulations!

Thanks for great comments, everyone!

Superb layout! The kingdoms joust gatehouse and tents fit right into your MOC and the landscaping is excellent :thumbup:

I'd love to see this MOC in person, hopefully it'll be shown at more than one event and I'll be able to come. I love the composition, the details, landscaping... it's fantastic.

I used this as an opportunity to learn some new techniques, and doing landscape is great for that.

Very cool build! I'm drooling over the double Joust there. I'm trotting to catch up on purchases so I can get a second. I like the layout here, with all the action around the jousting area and the landscape is fantastic! Well done you two.

Wow! Combining two sets really expands the possibilities, and you two have made good use of all of the parts.

This is one fine MOC! Congratulations!

It was our first time building together, and Redbeard hasn't build much up till now (he usually comments and improves my MOCs with some extra detailing). I'm quite happy with the results of our collaboration.

This is excelent and huge! I'm glad I'll be able to see it in person this weekend.

See you on the weekend! :sweet:

This is awesome. :wub_drool: The doubling up of the Joust building for entrance to the village works really well. I love the landscaping, particularly around the village houses, and the atmosphere you have created by having all the spectators for the joust. The castle wall itself is very impressive and looks quite formidable as the backdrop to this diorama.

I agree, the Joust set is perfect as a starting point. That's where we started and the rest developed with time.

Edited by Redhead1982

Absolutely fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love all of this layout, im particularly the castel :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Lots of great details! My favorite is the sand green house and the trees, but the rest is just as awesome. Side note: if you want to add one more knight to the tourney, the KKII shadow knights (Vladek & co.) had a nice barding and the dark red/black tent would also look good.

Great work on the back castle especially, the entire thing looks excellent. :thumbup:

This really is a beautiful model. The attention to detail is outstanding. The things like the cart tracks are very clever, and well thought out. Excellent job. Thanks for sharing!

This is very impressive. I love the landscaping. The exterior trees and the muddy trail with the cart. I really love the interior jousting area with the stands for the nobility and the commoners. Very clever.

I really like how you added in an actual scene with people doing jobs. Every castle needs two guards to move things from point A to point B. And in a few hours, they'll move it back to justify their pay scale :laugh: .

Overall great scene! I wanted The Joust when I first saw it, but all of these other great sets came out, so I was deciding not to get it. Now I want it again! Thanks a lot! :tongue:

Great work! At the event will be a really big feast for the eyes. It looks really huge and the two Kingdoms Joust look great together.

How great! And wonderful that you worked together.

Great work. If you're going to expand on it in the future, it would be nice if you could add the Medieval Market Village and the Mill Village Raid to the set.