Jackattack7

What do you prefer?, Lego Batman or Lego DC superheroes

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the original Batman line or the new DC Superheroes?

• Original Batman
    • DC Superheroes
    • Both are about the same

Hi all,

I know many people have been impressed by some of the DC sets (like the funhouse) and haven't been impressed by some DC sets (especially TDKR set) but looking at the sets Lego Batman came up with and what DC superheroes have came up with aswell, which theme have done a better job? Now bare in mind that Lego Batman had four waves and have discontinued, and DC superheroes are only on it's second wave. NOT INCLUDING POLYBAG SETS

Lego Batman sets: (2006-2008)

The Bat Dragster: The Catwoman Pursuit

The Batboat: Hunt For Killer Croc

The Batmobile: Two-Face's Escape

The Batwing: The Joker's Aerial Assault

The Batcave: The Penguin And Mr.Freeze's Invasion

Arkham Asylum

The Batmobile: Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Batcopter: The Chase For Scarecrow

The Bat-Tank: The Riddler And Bane's Hideout

Batman's Buggy: The Escape Of Mr.Freeze

Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack Of The Penguin

The Batcycle: Harley Quinn's Hammer Truck

The Tumbler: The Joker's Ice Cream Suprise.

DC Superheroes: (2011-Present)

Batman (Ultrabuild)

Joker (Ultrabuild)

Green Lantern (Ultrabuild)

The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Catwoman Catcycle City Chase

The Batcave

Superman.vs.Power Armour Lex

Batwing Battle Over Gotham City

Batmobile And The Two Face Chase

Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

The Bat.vs.Bane - Chase With Tumbler

Batman.vs.Mr.Freeze - Aquaman On Ice

Also try and Include comparisons of re-made sets eg. The Batcave :classic:

Now there is a poll, so please vote. :classic:

Edited by Jackattack7

I prefer the DC Superheroes line, because, although LEGO hasn't really been taking advantage of it, we have an oppuritunity to have many more characters.

As of now, I prefer the Batman Line. So far, for the most part, the DC line has just been remakes that are not as good as the ones they represent. They are all smaller (At least in scale) to the older ones--this is really obvious in ones like the Batmobile or the Batcave--and they (Like most lego sets now) just seem to miss substance. Really for me I'm getting them to not miss out on the heroes/villains again. In addition, so far they've not taken full advantage of the DC line very, since it's still mostly Batman (However the one Superman set was amazing). There are a few standouts--particularly the Funhouse, but it's still the classic sets that get my vote.

Outside of the crappy Ultrabuilds, I like the Superheroes line. There's no reason to limit these things to JUST Batman. He's still getting too many sets. We need more representation.

Even though only less than two waves of DC Super Heroes sets are known so far, I can already say that I much prefer the Batman line. The sets were bigger and more detailed and had a more realistic color scheme. All the bright yellow and blue colors in the SH sets make them look very toyish. In fact, I felt a bit embarrassed buying the Two Face Chase set because it looked like a childs toy rather than an accurate model of the Batmobile (and don't get me started on Two Face's truck). The only exception is Arkham, but that's just because it got the D2C treatment, so it's not really fair to compare the two. The minifigs are also getting more cartoony, I think. Maybe I also liked the first Batman sets better because they seemed heavily influenced by Batman: The Animated Series. The new sets seem to be trying to mix styles from all over the Bat mythos and it's not really working in my opinion. Mr. Freeze doesn't even look like Mr. Freeze anymore without his red goggles/eyes which he is almost always portrayed with.

However, that's not the only reason why I am disappointed with the SH sets. I am also disappointed because they have access to the entire line of DC superheroes and villains, but after two waves the only new DC characters they introduced are Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Commissioner Gordon, and Aquaman. They could have at least given us some Batman villains or aloes that haven't been done before instead of giving us three Robins and two Banes and Poison Ivys. Luckily, Batman is one of the few DC heroes I really like, so I don't care so much, but it's still annoying that after two or three waves (or even four, if the summer 2013 rumors are true) we only have about half of the JLA. :thumbdown:

By the way, this thread needs a poll.

Oky, what about Dr. Quinzel ? She's technically new. I prefer the Superheroes, while the old the was dark, I like the comic book thing they're going for.

Yes, but she's not a new character, just a different version of Harley Quin.

And I don't really consider the Ultrabuilds part of this theme either.

I wouldn't even call this first wave a "DC Superheroes" wave. Yes, that's what it's called but only one set isn't Batman (not counting the stupid Ultra Builds).

Next wave should be pretty different. Several Batman and Superman sets.

I had to make my own Manbat using the bat from the MFs and some blue legs,I hope we get more Bat-villains at some point.

Superheroes, due to it including several other major DC characters; also because of the 2013 Bat Tumbler set.

I'm mainly interested in the figures rather than the sets, so I'm happier with the DC Superheroes line. I like the variety and am always ready to add more heroes and villains to my collection.

DC Superheroes. First of all, the Superman set.

As far as Batman, I prefer the styling going back to the roots of the comics. Two-Face, Riddler, and Robin especially. Also, some of the 2006-2008 sets were hilariously oversized. The Batwing and Tumbler for sure. And the Battank The newer ones are lacking detailing, but their sizes are much better. The 2006 Batwing looks so impractical. I can't imagine Michael Keaton flying around in that thing to crash the Joker's party.

I do prefer the older Batcave, but it's apples and oranges considering the prices. If they were both made today, there would probably be a $30 difference.

DC Superheroes for the tiger, I'm old school Super Friends fan from the 1970's.....but lets hope we don't get the Wonder Twins eh ? :rofl:

DC Superheroes for the tiger, I'm old school Super Friends fan from the 1970's.....but lets hope we don't get the Wonder Twins eh ? :rofl:

No way! That would be awesome to have scenes of the teen trouble alert. And Zane turning into water... And Gleek. Ha. J/K

I have to say I like the variety of minifigures that DC superheroes can offer, but for me the quality of the sets have not been as good so for me it is Lego Batman.

Yay now a poll has been added.

DC Superheroes, because I think it has much more potential, with the whole DC universe available, even if they haven't released too much new characters yet.

Oops forgot to add the 2013 summer sets:

76002 Superman: Metropolis Showdown

76003 Superman: Battle of Smallville

76009 Superman: Black Zero Escape

Edited by Jackattack7

Hi all,

I know not many people have been impressed by some of the DC sets (like the funhouse)

What do you mean not many people were impressed by the funhouse? I loved it! I think it is probably the best set of the first wave and I thought most people were in agreement with that...

What do you mean not many people were impressed by the funhouse? I loved it! I think it is probably the best set of the first wave and I thought most people were in agreement with that...

Sorry, typo.

There all done.

Edited by Jackattack7

Ah, now I get you! haha

Actually I didn't think the Funhouse was the best set, I liked it but I think it is the fact I like the vehicles. That's why the Batmobile and Two-Face chase is my favorite so far.

I liked the Funhouse set because of the figure line-up. The set itself is neat and I do have it built, but I haven't really touched it since last Christmas. Overall, I would say I like the DC Superhero theme instead of the original Batman theme since I don't have any of the original sets. So all of the remakes have been welcome by me (even though I haven't purchased all of them). But hopefully they will come out with more variety of heroes and villains. I think they are doing so much with Batman now because he is what is popular with the movies and he is well known to the public. I'm a huge superhero fan, but I couldn't begin to tell you much about the JLA, so to get those figures (definitely must haves) would be awesome, but I wouldn't begin to be able to give proper marketing to sell those sets until something is able to back it up. So in the long run, DC will be better than Batman because of the size.

But direct comparison, I still like the detailing of a lot of the newer sets too.