A fully functional 4WD has been on my list for a while. After I had build the 9398 Technic set that I got as a gift a while ago I decided to use it as a base for the new Hummer I had planned for. I took the whole thing apart and rebuilded the chassis lowering it a bit and replacing the battery box. Also the fixture points for the suspension was changed. With the chassis modded for suitability and color trimmed, a completely new body was installed. The car is slightly less detailled compared to what I would do normally to save some weight, but still on a fair level.

The car is fully functional and still has very good terrain capabilities. The point of gravity is a bit higher so it rolls a bit quicker then the original thing. Being a bit heavier, it still does perform very well.

I heard about the Technic contest from efferman, but too late,... i modded the chassis already, and it is now not legal :-)

8085934219_71b50e8383_b.jpg

8085934459_8aa09d30c3_b.jpg

8085933022_6ee77d13e9_b.jpg

8085932276_1f091a96d8_b.jpg

very cool vehicle, its a shame that it is against the rules. but you have two months time for a new model. lets go, i want many good contestants.

but have in mind, dont choose a design which is under copyright

Edited by efferman

No word to say how cool it is.

Very cool.

Wow it's a beauty :wub_drool: ,

You had already said at the Lowlug site that you want build a 4x4 for one off your trailers.

It's a shame that he is not complete legal for the 9398 Contest.

Thnx all!

Indeed, the body is not as tough as the Technic variant obviously... although it is not that weak either. You can do some good terrain work with it, but it rolls quicker then the 9398, and you want to avoid that :-)

@Victor: The scale is spot on.

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Thnx all!

Indeed, the body is not as tough as the Technic variant obviously... although it is not that weak either. You can do some good terrain work with it, but it rolls quicker then the 9398, and you want to avoid that :-)

@Victor: The scale is spot on.

Pb-plates under the bottom helps you;)