Which Dwarf is your Favorite?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dwarf from the new Hobbit line is your favorite?

I noticed a lot of people were listing their favorite dwarves in the main LotR/Hobbit thread. I figured it might be nice to have a separate thread to discuss which is your favorite, as well as have a poll to vote so we can see which is the most popular (could I a mod please add a poll with all 13 dwarves?).

Thorin

lor040.jpg?1

Balin

lor049.jpg?1

Dwalin

lor050.jpg?1

Fili

lor036.jpg?1

Kili

lor037.jpg?1

Bifur

lor041.jpg?1

Bofur

lor052.jpg?1

Bombur

lor051.jpg?1

Oin

lor056.jpg?1

Gloin

lor055.jpg?1

Ori

lor045.jpg?2

Nori

lor046.jpg?2

Dori

lor047.jpg?2

Here is deskp's banner to easily see the names of all the dwarves and their Lego minifigure counterpart: Click the picture below for a larger version!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8334/8096861808_673a494598_k.jpg

Edited by rogueang
Added Poll and picture

Balin, I think is my favorite. Bofur and Dwalin come pretty close as well.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Gloin, Oin, Balin & Dwalin.

I really don't like the Ori minifigure much and for a few of them I don't like them as much because lacking in beard.

Nori because he's rockin' that awesome hair. Plus he has fantastic eyebrows.

My favourite dwarf is Norin because LEGO captured his triangular hair perfectly and the print is amazing. That said, I think all the dwarves and very detailed. :wink:

My favorite is probably Bifur due to the fact he is the only dwarf that has awesome beard printing. Lego including the axe piece in his head is pretty epic too. Nori and Dwalin are a close second and third due to the cool hair pieces on Nori and Dwalin's spiffy head tattoos and color scheme (love that color green and his bare arms).

My least favorite dwarves are Thorin, Oin, and Ori. Thorin's minifig just doesn't do him justice, you can barely see the fur on his torso and his beads being printed on the torso take away more than they really add anything. I really hate how Oin's bear and hair are two different colors and seem to really clash. Ori I just think looks silly. I don't hate Gloin, but I think printing on his beard could of made him significantly better.

Btw mods, whenever you see this and add a poll for most favorite, maybe you could also add one for least favorite as well?

Fili is the best in my opinion. No issues with the figure and his my favorite looking dwarf. So much charm!

Edited by deskp

Definitely Kili or Bofur, for having the most useful hairpieces/hats. Oin's not bad either.

EDIT: And a question- how many of you will devise some strategy to remember the names of each dwarf? I'm going to print off the picture in the first post and glue minifig stands above each dwarf. Or does no one care, really?

Edited by Flobnomdob

For me it would be Balin followed by Bombur, Bifur, Gloin and either Fili or Thorin. The worst ones are propably Ori and Kili.

Balin, Oin, Gloin, Bombur, in that order. The first three just look the most "dwarvish" to me and it always makes me sad to think that Balin dies in Moria later :cry_sad:

And Bombur, well, he's just funny, I always liked his lazy attitude in the book. :laugh:

By the way, does anyone else find it strange that they didn't give Dwalin normal legs? He's supposed to be a really big dwarf, but in the picture, he's even smaller than his brother Balin...

Edited by Speedboat

Even though I like Nori, I voted for Bifur. :thumbup:

EDIT: And a question- how many of you will devise some strategy to remember the names of each dwarf? I'm going to print off the picture in the first post and glue minifig stands above each dwarf. Or does no one care, really?

I don't need to, I've already got all of their names memorized.

Mine was Between Balin, Thorin, and Nori. TLG did such a great job with Balin and Thorin, but Nori looks simply incredible. :wub:

Bombur is definitely the best. I do like Dori's hair, and the dwarfs with Thorin's hair though.