Chriswilson2

Black Falcons Reborn!

So, I got home after the GWLS and looked at the Black Falcons that I bought there. A bit dull, I thought. So, after some time going through boxes of minifig parts and testing different combinations, I have theese five. They are, from left to right, two archers, a captain and two swordsman. I recently made a personal rule that all my armed figs should be able to carry their weapons and have both arms free at the same time, just to make it easier when placing them on scenes that I make for them.

8079654048_e1084eabc7.jpg

So, thanks for reading, please comment and tell me what you think of them, thanks guys!

-Chris

Nice little group you got there. It shows you put a lot of thought into the pieces you used for each.

Thanks for the feedback and yes, I tryed to pick the parts carefully, the problem is that I have limited numbers of certain parts here so when I want to make more...

Nice work. It's good to know that the old school pieces can be given a modern edge whilst still retaining their 'look'. I've got a few falcons so may have to give this a go myself.

Nice work. It's good to know that the old school pieces can be given a modern edge whilst still retaining their 'look'. I've got a few falcons so may have to give this a go myself.

If you do try it, be sure to post it, I'd be interested to see your take on the idea! And I understand what you mean by 'look', I saw the new pieces (printed legs, etc.) and was worried that they might take away the simple good looks of the Black Falcons but for me (this is probably an opinion that varies between builders though) it really helps, they fit right in beside the modern lion knights now when, if you had them fighting each other or whatever before, they just looked weird and old.

Impressive! Really liking this updated look. Where are those brown legs from?

Thanks, the legs are from the much loved Collectible Minifig Elf.

The only thing I might change is the face on that far left archer. All the rest of the figures have cheek lines and facial hair and whatnot but he only has his basic facial features. Then again I could also imagine him as a really young soldier compared to the rest who are older, grizzled veterans so maybe that was what you were going for? If so then nevermind!

The only thing I might change is the face on that far left archer. All the rest of the figures have cheek lines and facial hair and whatnot but he only has his basic facial features. Then again I could also imagine him as a really young soldier compared to the rest who are older, grizzled veterans so maybe that was what you were going for? If so then nevermind!

Well, what I was going for was the archers was poor farm workers called to fight in times of war, the far left archer is supposed to be one of those younger citizens, just old enough to be called up. As for the rest of them, the captain is a rich professional soldier and the swordsmen, still not full-time soldiers are the slightly richer members of society, shop-owners and bankers, that sort of thing, who still only fight when the kingdom is in need of a large army. I shall probably make some city guards when I get more torsos, they will be full-time soldiers, the sort that sit in towers and march along the walls. Hope that clears it up.

Ooh! I like these, particularly how you re-purposed some of the Kingdoms chain mail torsos. I might have to try something along these lines, but with the Kingdoms Dragon Knight legs (to kind of keep the blue and black theme going)....

Ooh! I like these, particularly how you re-purposed some of the Kingdoms chain mail torsos. I might have to try something along these lines, but with the Kingdoms Dragon Knight legs (to kind of keep the blue and black theme going)....

Yeah, I do like the blue-black theme but I always seem to have to be the 'good guy' and black wouldn't really fit that. I do really love the kingdoms torsos though, they can be used on just about anything.