Rick

10233 Horizon Express

Well, i have to wait at least 1,5 to 2 weeks to experience the feeling you got, but i won't doubt it will gave me the same feelings......!!

If someone makes a review soon, i don't think i will read it....rather experience my build live, with bricks, instead of already knowing whats coming up when i build it, but your information was nice!

Everyone: Enjoy the HE-build soon!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Sigh, still 1st Jan for the UK. I want to spend my VIP points!

Same here, getting impatient now. You can bet they won't be offering free delivery in january as well!

1st jan in NZ but my toyworld said they are not getting any lego stock till mid jan. so looks like mid jan for me.

Ugh! The website is having tons of problems and won't let me use VIP points or anything. Also having issues just getting stuff to add to bag. Must be getting slammed with preorders for the train.

Ugh! The website is having tons of problems and won't let me use VIP points or anything. Also having issues just getting stuff to add to bag. Must be getting slammed with preorders for the train.

Nah, there really aren't that many train nerds. It's just holiday season, millions of people around the world are buying fire trucks and ninjago ;)

Some may be envying our US friends since this magnificent set is already available in America - I think I also belong to those :blush: - but, fortunately, Jan. 1st is a wonderful date anyway! I think many of us will stay up anyway because of it being New Year's Eve on the day before its release and, after enjoying the fireworks that are set off to introduce the new year, we can rush to the computer and order what we have long been waiting for! :wub:

...or are you just staying awake to buy the Horizon Express?! I'd not be surprised if I got a 'yes' as a reply from some people! :wink:

Anybody know if this will be in Lego retail in the UK on the 1st?

Is there usually a delay?

I was planning on going buying it in Lille Lego Store on 5th, I hope it will be in stock then...

I don't know if there's a delay, hence the question. I know that they have had stock in store prior to release date for other things (I was shown UCS R2-D2 from the stock room several days before launch) but I want to know if they'll have HE - so I can buy 3!

I don't know if there's a delay, hence the question. I know that they have had stock in store prior to release date for other things (I was shown UCS R2-D2 from the stock room several days before launch) but I want to know if they'll have HE - so I can buy 3!

I phoned Milton Keynes LEGO store yesterday, and they confirmed it will be on sale there from 1st Jan, and they have circa 100 sets in the stock room ready...

I was in Lille yesterday and they did very secretive about the HE so i think it might be in stock but they arent allowed to sell it untill 1jan

I phoned Milton Keynes LEGO store yesterday, and they confirmed it will be on sale there from 1st Jan, and they have circa 100 sets in the stock room ready...

Perfect, thank you. I'll be at Westfield first thing on the 1st!

Just picked up mine a couple hours ago just outside of Philadelphia. I'm going to rename it the Philadelphia Flyer, after my favorite hockey team (their colors are black and orange also). One thing I noticed, and appreciated, is the size of the box is smaller but feels full. Doesn't seem like it'll be a huge box with a few bags sliding out.

Bought two sets today and finished building five of six cars (will build second locomotive tomorrow). I wanted to run two train motors in some way, and ended up putting both in one locomotive using a PF switch. There is *just* enough room to run all the wiring if I bring the switch to the front of the locomotive (in front of the battery box), but it would seem to rule out using the PF lights simultaneously. I will try to do so tomorrow but it is REALLY tight in there!

Just thought I'd share, for those who are wondering...

...I wanted to run two train motors in some way, and ended up putting both in one locomotive using a PF switch. There is *just* enough room to run all the wiring if I bring the switch to the front of the locomotive (in front of the battery box), but it would seem to rule out using the PF lights simultaneously. ...

Nice to know it is possible to run with two motors. I have the same idea of doing that once I will get hold of the HE. For my MT it works really good.

I can't wait.

Bought two sets today and finished building five of six cars (will build second locomotive tomorrow). I wanted to run two train motors in some way, and ended up putting both in one locomotive using a PF switch. There is *just* enough room to run all the wiring if I bring the switch to the front of the locomotive (in front of the battery box), but it would seem to rule out using the PF lights simultaneously. I will try to do so tomorrow but it is REALLY tight in there!

Just thought I'd share, for those who are wondering...

Can you stick up photos? I'm going to be dual-motoring and am trying to work out what will fit!

Here is a link to some photos I took today:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=519518

Some PF notes:

-I used one battery box, one IR receiver, one set of lights, one switch, and two train motors

-I connected one train motor to the red IR receiver terminal

-I connected the second train motor to the switch, and connected the switch to the red IR receiver terminal on top of the first train motor

-The lights I connected to the blue IR receiver terminal

-The pantograph assembly prevents a third PF item from being connected onto one IR receiver terminal

-I routed all the wires under the battery box and brought everything to the front of the train, particularly the switch

-The conductor, chair, and control panel had to be removed to make room

-Then I just shoved everything in there (quite inelegantly, really...there doesn't seem to be any other way of doing this)

-The good news is, everything fits!

Re: TheBrickster, I believe there is already an excellent review out there, but here are some first impressions I had.

-Looks powerful and menacing just standing still in the train platform area :)

-It is just so beautiful and sleek as it makes its way around my basement room layout--makes the Metroliner look kind of plain and dumpy!

-Long front overhang means it might hit objects as it goes around turns...I had to remove a section of my train platform to accommodate it (see photos)

-One motor is adequate but not strong, while two is overkill (so of course I went with two motors)

-Like my dual-motor Metroliner, this puppy will easily derail in turns if going too fast (and it FLIES with two motors, being my shortest and lightest train)

-Cover removes very easily for access to battery box on/off switch

-Unsure how someone would add more passenger cars due to the design of the roof on the car with the bathroom, which rises up to meet the back of the locomotive (in a sense)...a roof mod would probably be the simplest thing to do

-For some reason the drawers in the passenger car are very loose and drop out very easily, so I just stuck a minifig there to keep them in place

-The magnets in the train buffers seem weaker than usual, so I just used a 1x2 tile to hold them together on the underside. Otherwise the locomotive will run off by itself time after time.

Anyway, enjoy the photos! Further questions welcome.

Edited by dukeybootie

I am sorry, but I cannot view the pictures. It says that the folder is not public. I am very interested to see them. Will try to register.

Edit: Already registered under same nickname as here. Still doesn´t work. May I ask for permission?

Edited by Wabbajack

I am sorry, but I cannot view the pictures. It says that the folder is not public. I am very interested to see them. Will try to register.

Edit: Already registered under same nickname as here. Still doesn´t work. May I ask for permission?

Brickshelf doesn't work that way. If you just post links to a folder after you've uploaded pictures, it won't work until a moderator has approved the folder. Only dukeybootie can see them until that - unless the poster provides deeplinks directly to the pictures.

Edited by L@go