Part 10113 Mask, Batman can not attach to a minifig head nor a 1x1 round brick/plate.

I reported that a few posts up. (or previous page)

-Sci

Maybe it's not a bug, but I cannot put train wheels on a pair of 3228 Straight Rail parts.

I know that some bugs with Round Plate 3960 (Parabolic Radar Dish 4x4) have been reported before, but I think this one is new.

I came across it when building the gas tank of set 60010 in LDD: the 3960 Dish can not be fitted on top of two adjacent Wall Elements Round 85941 (Cylinder Half 2x4x5).

I've said it before, I'd love a feature on disabling F1 help option. It's been a thorn in my side since some early version of LDD 3. F1 key and escape key are often very close together and a stray finger trying for escape key can hit F1 key by mistake, switching out to browser and interrupting your work flow.

Right now the temporary solution is to pop out F1 key. It might be fine on cheap keyboard but I'd rather now hack in my $100 keyboard just for one key :hmpf_bad:

I've said it before, I'd love a feature on disabling F1 help option. It's been a thorn in my side since some early version of LDD 3. F1 key and escape key are often very close together and a stray finger trying for escape key can hit F1 key by mistake, switching out to browser and interrupting your work flow.

Right now the temporary solution is to pop out F1 key. It might be fine on cheap keyboard but I'd rather now hack in my $100 keyboard just for one key :hmpf_bad:

F1 is the general short-cut for Help in all Windows programs, i.e. the problem should then be in more programs then LDD? Or :look:

About a solution: Isn't there some software that can intercept/trap keyboard strokes and the just nullify when you hit F1?

F1 is the general short-cut for Help in all Windows programs, i.e. the problem should then be in more programs then LDD? Or :look:

About a solution: Isn't there some software that can intercept/trap keyboard strokes and the just nullify when you hit F1?

You can try to achieve it by creating a custom keyboard layout omitting the F1 key or assigning a different function to it. Although the free Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 (http://msdn.microsof...l/bb964665.aspx) does not offer the manipulation of the F-keys out of the box, you might want to tweak its kbd.h file similar to the description at http://forum.colemak...c.php?pid=11103 to get the desired results: If you replace the line

#define T3B _EQ(						 F1					 )

with something like

#define T3B _EQ(						 _none_				 )

the F1 key should be switched off as long as you use this keyboard layout. This behaviour is not limited to a certain program, but is effective Windows-wide.

However, as I appreciate the F1 key's help function, I haven't tried it for myself, so there's no guarantee it'll work as expected.

In building the set 8631 Jetpack Pursuit, the minifig will not attach to the jetpack. I can only imagine that this is due to a collision error between the minifig and the Technic bricks, since the Angle Plate W/Snap brick can attach just fine to the jetpack. Not even scaffolding can "fake" the connection. When a custom assembly that places one more plate between the minifig and the jetpack is used, as shown in this screenshot (I took away the tubes to show that they're not the problem here), the connection works, but when the correct brick is used, the minifig "overlaps" with the jetpack and therefore cannot be attached.

EDIT: As Superkalle pointed out to me, this might not be a bug with LEGO Digital Designer's software so much as an illegal connection in real life.

Edited by PeabodySam

argh_007.jpg

These technic parts (highlighted with cyan hitboxes) can be intersected by 32294 (Wishbone Suspension Arm). It can even intersect itself (magenta hitbox)!

LXF example

argh_008.jpg

Err, this is a bit like the last thing, and I am starting to feel bad for noticing. I actually have a lot of examples of these buggy intersections...

LXF example

Don't feel bad - it's a matter of lifting the quality in LDD :classic:

However, about all intersection problems that have to do with studs, those are all known to TLG (and part of the standard collision volume for all bricks), so in those particular cases there is no need to report them (like the example above).

On the other hand collision errors of all other parts of the bricks are interesting if/when they prohibit legal techniques OR allow you to build stuff that is waaay off. The examples Technic parts above are of that class IMHO, particularly the one where the two stabilizer bars intersect when placed next to each other.

^ I suppose it's fairly difficult/determined not worth the programming time to make sure studs can only intersect with parts of bricks where they should be able to, though you'd think it would be a priority, since it allows for error.

^ From your statement above regarding stud collision errors, I inferred that the developers don't intend to tighten up the collision boundary errors on studs because they have to intersect with other bricks in certain ways by their very nature, but that they aren't going to fix those stud-related oddities like the one posted by GNAC because it would be too much effort for not enough reward.

Well, I'm not sure to be honest. When LDD was originally developed, and the first bricks made, I'm guessing the collision volumes of the studs where made a bit smaller and more "forgiving", just to avoid that borderline cases wheren't possible to build and kids (in those days) would be annoyed. I'm not even sure that they back then they thought about all the advanced techniques used today. But this doesn't mean that the LDD developers one day can/will increase the collision volumes inside the studs. I suppose it's a fairly easy task programatically since the studs are so normalized. The big problem will off course come when people all over the globe open LXF-files of advanced builds only to get the dreaded "x bricks have been removed from your model..."-error.