Hartfan

Lego Star Wars: Empire Strikes Out

Im not sure if it was already posted here but next week on Cartoon Network we will see new animation based on Lego Star Wars called Empire Strikes Out. The writter of this show Michael Price posted this on his twitter account:

“Lego Star Wars fans, now it can be told! Our new special is THE EMPIRE STRIKES OUT. It’s US premiere is Wed. 9/26 at 8PM on Cartoon Network.”

“LSW: THE EMPIRE STRIKES OUT stars @ADaniels3PO , @SamWitwer and many other Star Wars greats past and present. 9/26 @ 8PM on Cartoon Network!”

“I apologize for the flood of EMPIRE STRIKES OUT tweets flowing from me in the next 10 days. But somebody’s gotta publicize this sucker!”

“Don’t know when it’ll be on UK TV, but it will. And I’m pretty sure it’ll be out on DVD at some point. Maybe early next year?”

“Hope you like the show. The Vader/Maul stuff is lots of fun, IMO.”

And here small screenshot:

1.jpg

I'm really excited about it, if someone knows a website I could see it in it would be very helpfull (it will be a long time till it arrives to Mexico and I don't want to miss it)

Wow, talk about short notice!!

I can't WAIT for this! I loved Padawan Menace, so I have pretty high hopes that this one will be a worthy follow-up.

Our friends over at FBTB had this up yesterday. It has a preview for the up coming shows on the cartoon network and the Lego Star Wars is one of them, watch the video :wink: .

It doesn't have any info on the show but shows a few little hi lights though. :sweet:

Not much to be seen in the video preview, but it looks like it should be the typical LEGO style of animation and comedy... which isn't that bad. I thought that that style was better done in the TT games than in The Padawan Menace, but I look forward to seeing what this show has to offer.

And I'm excited to see another bit of Star Wars with Anthony Daniels as C-3PO. I don't think anyone else could portray the character as well as he does, and you have to appreciate the number of spinoff projects for which he's agreed to provide voice or acting as Threepio.

There is an official announcement of the special and a high quality trailer on StarWars.com.

800px-LEGO_Star_Wars_the_Empire_Strikes_Out.png

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

And I'm excited to see another bit of Star Wars with Anthony Daniels as C-3PO. I don't think anyone else could portray the character as well as he does, and you have to appreciate the number of spinoff projects for which he's agreed to provide voice or acting as Threepio.

Yeah, there's hardly anyone else who has ever portrayed the character, at least outside of spoofs. Anthony Daniels is 3PO, and it seems like that's all he does. :laugh:

"You know, if you let him live he could fail you again" :laugh:

Looks great! Looking forward to it.

I'm a bit disappointed to learn that it isn't a series. But the Padawan Menace was great, so there's no doubt in my mind that the Empire Strikes Out will be equally as entertaining! Very much looking forward to seeing it! :sweet:

"You know, if you let him live he could fail you again" :laugh:

Looks great! Looking forward to it.

Gotta love LEGO :sweet: That part actually made me laugh out loud!

:vader: Stop choking your self! :rofl:

Cant wait.

Cant find it on UK cartoon network, anybody know when it will air in UK?

Indeed, this was great. So many good lines, easter eggs, and even an Indinana Jones reference! And the Imperial version of the end ceremony was genius! :thumbup: I liked it so much I watched it about three times in a row! :laugh: One time just to enjoy it, a second time to catch all the things that I had missed the first time because I was laughing so hard, and a third time frame by frame to find all the easter eggs. Very nicely done, and much better than Padawan Menace in my opinion!

Did anyone spot any new sets or minifigs, like the Rancor, Jabba, and Gamorean in Padawan Menace? I didn't, even after going through it frame by frame. :def_shrug:

Now I wonder if we will get an exclusive "Luke with Darth Vader Disguise" minifig with the inevitable Blu-Ray release. That would be great! :sweet:

Great show. I watched it with my son 4 times so far and we laugh every single time.

Can't wait for DVD and "exclusive" minifig coming with it.

Now I wonder if we will get an exclusive "Luke with Darth Vader Disguise" minifig with the inevitable Blu-Ray release. That would be great! :sweet:

I've just saw the movie (it was hilarious by the way :laugh:) and I think that there are three possibilities:

-Luke in Darth Vader Disguise (this would be an amazing fig :wub:)

-Boss Nass

-Ankura Gungan warrior

Edited by Krulis

Hm, a painted Darth Vader would probably be too hard/expensive to produce, but I can definitely see them doing a Ceremonial Vader. Boss Nass only had a cameo, so as much as I want a minifig of him, I don't think it will be him, and the Ankura Warrior would be a pretty random fig to include.

So I think it will be either Ceremonial Vader or Disguised Luke, and I'm hoping it will be the latter. That is, if they include a minifig at all this time, but it would be stupid of them not to. :tongue:

If we'll get employee of the month Vader I wonder if his medal would be printed, or CMFs one in silver.