Sign in to follow this  
Oederland

NINJAGO - Sensei Wu figures

I'm trying to collect some of the Ninjago figures to use them for Asian mods, but I don't want to spend much money (and I don't want to build armies anyway). Now I wonder how to get some more Sensei Wu figures. I have one white Sensei Wu from set 2504 and two black Sensei Wus from the spinner set 2255. I'm aware that these early spinner sets are made out of different plastic, but I really did not want to buy the Fire Temple or Lightning Dragon Battle. Now I would like to get a second white 2011 version and at least one white 2012 version.

For the 2011 white version, there's the 853111 Exclusive Weapon Training Set (e.g. here), the 853106 Ninjago Battle Arena (e.g. here), and the Sensei Wu key chain set (e.g. here). Do you know whether these sets are made of "Chinese plastic"? I guess 853111 and 853106 are, because they are spinner sets, on the other hand, they seem to be more expensive (?). About the key chain set, I know that the body is fixed to the legs, but this would be no problem to me. Is this Chinese plastic as well?

For the 2012 white version, does anyone have information whether it might appear in any spinner set / booster pack or as key chain? Or is this figure limited to 9446 Destiny’s Bounty and 9450 Epic Dragon Battle? Thanks for any comments!

It seems the 2012 version is limited to the bigger sets - so you might have a hard time getting that one unless you want to pay at least $80. I really can't tell much of a difference between Chinese plastic and the normal stuff, but I think the Battle Areana uses (for Sensei Wu) normal plastic. Don't go by what I say for that though, I'm really just guessing. . . :wink:

Unfortunately the 2011 white version included in both the weapons pack and battle arena are "Chinese plastic". As for the key chains I happen to only have Sensei Wu (part of that promotion back in January where you spend 50 bucks and get him or something like that) he not necessarily "Chinese plastic" but hes not the plastic used for mini figures included in regular Lego sets. Hope I helped in some way. :classic:

Thanks for the info so far! The different plastic as such would be no problem to me, but the legs get loose very quickly indeed (at least one of my black Senseis suffers from this problem although I hardly moved him). And changing the legs doesn't work in this case due to the printing :sceptic:

I just noticed that the Sensei Wu in 2012 outfit is included in the 853404 Magnet Set as well. And there's a

on Youtube, it seems one can get rid of the clued magnet part with 75 °C hot water... still, if you have some information about its plastic, just let me know. Thanks! Edited by Oederland

I've got a hard time with this problem too and my advice is to try and get them off bricklink.

I see no difference between the various plastics with one notice: chinese plastic headgear fits more tight then non-chinese headgear, thus chinese is the better choice in this.

I see no difference between the various plastics with one notice: chinese plastic headgear fits more tight then non-chinese headgear, thus chinese is the better choice in this.

I've never really had much of a problem with Chinease plastic either. Somethimes the heads fade, I guess, but that's about it and I certainly haven't had any problems with my Sensei Wu fom the battle areana. :thumbup: