soccerkid6

Silmeria

Here is my entry, a while back I got some suggestions about mottling my stone builds. I said I would experiment and so I have :wink:

Silmeria

Silmeria a lush jungle island that lies south of Avalonia. The island also has several volcanoes and is rich with minerals.

Mining is the biggest industry in Silmeria and most Silmerians live underground to escape the overwhelming heat of the island.

Traders thrive off of the abundance of valuable metals and stones.

Silmeria has been inhabited for centuries by adventurous miners and traders but until recently there hasn't been any form of government.

Now Silmeria is united under Diego Dandolo, and is quickly becoming prominent in Historica.

Guild name: Silmeria

Guild location: (relative to Historica) 5 days sailing south of Avalonia, or 8 days sailing West of Nocturnus

Capital and Ruler: Emraldon ruled by Diego Dandolo

Unique Characteristics: Silmerians usually do their business above ground at night when it is cooler. Also living underground has accustomed them to the dark and

they don't fear it.

Colorscheme: Dark blue and dark green

military

citizens

Diego Dandolo, the leader of Silmaria: Diego rose to power through shrewd planning and diplomacy while maintaining his popularity with the majority of Silmerians

Vignette:

7993671024_30a589f575_o.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

That is just cool! nice build i love the mining cart, the bottom level is awesome.

Amazing stuff, my favorite so far! The stone combination worked out great and you gave the different levels a excellent presentation. I really like the elevator and nice touch seeing some glass in your doortechnic :thumbup:

About the minifigs. I really like your leader, but although you've used dark blue, the soldiers still look a bit Avalonian.

Nice entry! Actually one of my favorites. I like how you presented the three levels. Really cool!:thumbup:

Thanks Mikel, with a 20x20 size limit building up helped me to fit lots in :classic:

Amazing stuff, my favorite so far! The stone combination worked out great and you gave the different levels a excellent presentation. I really like the elevator and nice touch seeing some glass in your doortechnic :thumbup:

About the minifigs. I really like your leader, but although you've used dark blue, the soldiers still look a bit Avalonian.

Thanks Ecclesiastes! I'm glad you like it :classic:

You are right about the figs, they do look somewhat similar :hmpf_bad:

Great work on your 20x20 - as usual I couldn't see the rest of the photos but I went to your flickr. I really love the way you did the house underground, excellent work! :thumbup:

Great work on your 20x20 - as usual I couldn't see the rest of the photos but I went to your flickr. I really love the way you did the house underground, excellent work! :thumbup:

Great idea!! And well done putting it into Lego! :thumbup: You really have succeded in taking up that small area you are restricted to!

Good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the mine and the mining cart :wub: :wub: :wub:

Great idea!! And well done putting it into Lego! :thumbup: You really have succeded in taking up that small area you are restricted to!

Thanks! Yeah that was the idea :laugh:

Good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the mine and the mining cart :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thanks, the mining carts are extremely simple but I like stuff that way :classic:

Really cool. You're really building at a high level now, and turning out some great stuff. And congrats on getting it front-paged on Toys N Bricks!

Really cool. You're really building at a high level now, and turning out some great stuff. And congrats on getting it front-paged on Toys N Bricks!

Thanks NiceMarmot! Yeah, Toys N Bricks doesn't have many MOCs posted there so about 50% of mine get front-paged, I think this is number 12 or 13 :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6

Yeah, I often see your MOCs on T&B a few days after you post them here.

Great entry! I really love your MOC with it's multi-level approach. The mottling technique on the top level works very well - my favorite level. The house is well done too, and I like the mining shaft on the bottom. Good job with the figs, but Ecc is right - those are Avalonian torsos. Are they traitors or kidnapees, or were the shirts on clearance at an Avalonian outlet store :laugh:

Excellent entry!

Great stuff soccerkid! I must say that your builds have grown immensely from when I first hopped in to GoH. You are really emerging as one of the great builders here(and your builds were good to start with). This one has a great feel to it, the mottled stone wall is new for you like you said, and you did a great job with it!

Yeah, I often see your MOCs on T&B a few days after you post them here.

Great entry! I really love your MOC with it's multi-level approach. The mottling technique on the top level works very well - my favorite level. The house is well done too, and I like the mining shaft on the bottom. Good job with the figs, but Ecc is right - those are Avalonian torsos. Are they traitors or kidnapees, or were the shirts on clearance at an Avalonian outlet store :laugh:

Excellent entry!

Thanks rogue, I too like the top level best, I forgot how many SNOT tiles I could do now and skimped a bit with those on the bottom level :laugh:

Well they are closest to Avalonia so they do lots of trading :wink:

Great stuff soccerkid! I must say that your builds have grown immensely from when I first hopped in to GoH. You are really emerging as one of the great builders here(and your builds were good to start with). This one has a great feel to it, the mottled stone wall is new for you like you said, and you did a great job with it!

Thanks Kayne :sweet: You have actually inspired me quite a bit: especially your embassy build :wub: It was fun trying the mottling, I probably won't use it all that often but sometimes it's more effective :thumbup:

Great entry, I like the differnt levels you have in your build, and the lamps are really well done!

Sweet entry, soccerkid! I really like your vig wth it's multiple levels. :thumbup: It sort looks like the opposite of archaeology - instead of the ppl building on top of ancient fortresses and ruins, they are building down underneath them! :wink: The little mining shaft running under the street has to be my favourite part of this solid build. Best of luck! :classic:

Great entry, I like the differnt levels you have in your build, and the lamps are really well done!

Thanks Torgar, glad you noticed the lamps :classic:

Sweet entry, soccerkid! I really like your vig wth it's multiple levels. :thumbup: It sort looks like the opposite of archaeology - instead of the ppl building on top of ancient fortresses and ruins, they are building down underneath them! :wink: The little mining shaft running under the street has to be my favourite part of this solid build. Best of luck! :classic:

Thank you Gabe :sweet:

I can only see the one photo on flickr, but this looks very nice. The underground/overground feel really adds to it. Could you please post more flickr shots? Your other website is blocked by virus filters

:classic:

I can only see the one photo on flickr, but this looks very nice. The underground/overground feel really adds to it. Could you please post more flickr shots? Your other website is blocked by virus filters

:classic:

Thanks, I put some more pics on Flickr but they won't be there long, I don't want to pay for Pro so I just put one overview shot of each of my builds. What virus filter do you have?

Edited by soccerkid6